Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, would you look at that... an NFL head coach conceding that maybe there's some benefit to playing your starters in the preseason...?

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/...rts-minnesota-vikings-thursday-night-football

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni, though, tries to give out what he can when he can to the media, and is genuinely honest when he can be. On Sunday evening, in the aftermath of his team’s 25-20 victory over the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium, he revealed that he is going to take a closer look at his preseason approach.

This past summer, he did not play any of his starters, and it showed.

“If I had to do it over again right now, I would say, yeah, I would have played starters one or two drives in the preseason,” said Sirianni. “But next year will be a new thing with new situations and new everything, so I'm not worrying about that right now. I just got it in my notes to think about right now though.”

Again, maybe a couple of series' in exhibition games would have helped.

Sure, it's a fine line between staying healthy and avoiding injuries, and being ready to start the season, but experiencing game action seems like the right way to go. Joint practices are nice, but those situations are controlled. Game action, even games that don’t count, is a different animal.

No worries everyone, I will get in touch with the Eagles representatives to pass along to Sirianni that according to some posters on this board, there is ZERO benefit to playing starters in the preseason, particularly when there's significant personnel turnover on one side of the ball.. or the other.

4th and 6th....titans have momentum so what does vrabel do down by 4 points he goes for the FG...that is a coaching issue passive and vanilla which is vrabel to a tee.
Even if we didn’t get the td, we would have them backed up pretty good. I think it made more sense to try the td than a fg and try to hold them with less than 3 minutes left
Just as I figured would happen, Titans never got the ball back

I've been off the Vrabel train for about 2 seasons now and admittedly wasn't excited about the hire in the first place, but here's what I just can't shake about Robinson and Vrabel; we just kicked JRob to the curb in no small part due to his questionable personnel acquisitions, however, his most significant personnel hire was Vrabel as the Head Coach. To me, that should set off all kinds of alarm bells...
JRob didn't get EVERYTHING wrong. I think he hit on Vrabel. And RT17. And DH.

But he did miss on a lot of early picks- especially made bad choices with the OL.

JRob didn't get EVERYTHING wrong. I think he hit on Vrabel. And RT17. And DH.

But he did miss on a lot of early picks- especially made bad choices with the OL.
I remember a lot of GoTitans members being ecstatic about the JRob hire when it happened. He had a lot of fans his first couple of years, and I was one of them.

He just wasn't the man for the job, and it caught up with him.

Let's all hope that Ran is.

I remember a lot of GoTitans members being ecstatic about the JRob hire when it happened. He had a lot of fans his first couple of years, and I was one of them.

I was too, no shame in it. And feel the same way about Ran.

did the common sense things that prior GMs just straight up refused to do... remember the excuse for paying Michell Griffin... someone has to get paid

WTF ... bring in someone worthy of the $s and pay them

did the common sense things that prior GMs just straight up refused to do... remember the excuse for paying Michell Griffin... someone has to get paid

Oh yes, I remember "Whiffin La Vagician" quite well. He was right up there (almost) with Donnie Nickey.

Wow.

These new fans have no clue how bad it can really be.

Whatever happened to Woolfolk's Uncle?

Woolfolk sucked donkey ballz, but his uncle was ok.

The question can now be re-proposed for this week.

was it one game or is this really the THill we can have?
I think that 70 yard bomb after that goal line sack saved what was teetering on a total loss of confidence moving forward for him. Excellent play call. And then that pass to Moore and the triple option TD run. I think he’s feeling better now. Hopefully he can sustain..

I would take McMVP but only other QB that could even be in conversation is T17

and agreed ... the march of pathetics between McMVP & T17 is just sad

fishface can fix him
Just not Randy Moss. No fixing that mess. He definitely won’t become arguably the greatest WR ever. Certainly won’t be in the same conversation for greatness as Kevin Dyson.

plus, Fishface can only kind of fix Blount. Just PS level fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back