Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh is AFC championship considered “deep in the playoffs?”

Vrabel best coach we’ve had since early Fisher. Proof is in the pudding.
That was our equivalent to Gruden winning the SB with Dungys Bucs team.
And I love how Vrabel is given the excuse, that arguably the best QB we’ve had since Mcnair isn’t good enough. The coaches who had Young, Locker and Mariota sure didn’t get that excuse…

And I love how Vrabel is given the excuse, that arguably the best QB we’ve had since Mcnair isn’t good enough. The coaches who had Young, Locker and Mariota sure didn’t get that excuse…
What you’re saying doesn’t make sense. Those QBs AND coaches all got the boot eventually.

Can’t stand this statement. Gruden beat Gruden’s team. Dungy did a great job but so did Gruden with the Raiders.
No one pretends like the Raiders he beat were Bill Callaghan’s team, it was Gruden.
And maybe, one could even argue that Gruden was able to get over the hump that Dungy couldn’t to get TB a SB ring.

And you should go review some more threads, very few give Vrabel a pass on anything. Most think he’s on a hot seat right now as he should be.

Can’t stand this statement. Gruden beat Gruden’s team. Dungy did a great job but so did Gruden with the Raiders.
No one pretends like the Raiders he beat were Bill Callaghan’s team, it was Gruden.
And maybe, one could even argue that Gruden was able to get over the hump that Dungy couldn’t to get TB a SB ring.

And you should go review some more threads, very few give Vrabel a pass on anything. Most think he’s on a hot seat right now as he should be.
Gruden beat the Raiders in the SB. But the offensive “guru” got there courtesy of a ridiculously good defence built by Dungy.
Not saying Dungy would have win it, just that Gruden had a perfect situation gifted to him.
His winning percentage is .524. That’s Jeff Fisher level.

Gruden beat the Raiders in the SB. But the offensive “guru” got there courtesy of a ridiculously good defence built by Dungy.
Not saying Dungy would have win it, just that Gruden had a perfect situation gifted to him.
His winning percentage is .524. That’s Jeff Fisher level.
Gruden built those Raiders.
That’s who TB traded for.

not only did TB see what he did in Oakland, but the team still made it to the SB with Callahan after Gruden was gone.

Exacty coaches with worse QBs (not to mention RB) than we have now where axed for bad performance. Why is Vrabel getting a pass?
His worst season was last year at 7-9. I don't get how your correlating that with 2-14, 3-13, etc over a couple of years. He's got experience and is in a re-build right now. If JRob hadn't chit the bed how he managed the OL, I'm certain we'd have even more deep playoff runs in the past few years.

If you're judging Vrabel off the 8 game losing streak- it's over. It's fair to see how this season goes and make a judgement, but it is just isn't logical to rail him when his overall production (win %) has been better than the previous coaches.

Exacty coaches with worse QBs (not to mention RB) than we have now where axed for bad performance. Why is Vrabel getting a pass?
Vrabel "gets a pass" because the Titans have been a winning/playoff team since he's been the coach.. He's well respected across the league with players, coaches and fans.

84-49 record since he's been the coach (which includes the debacle of a season last year)

1 losing season with a depleted roster and QB injured/out half the season.

I always say coaches get too much credit and too much blame... Jrob got canned for his roster moves, yet Vrabel has no names winning games. Now Vrabel deserves at least a couple more years with Ran running the roster and hopefully bringing quality players to work with.

Changing coaches every other year hasn't worked for the Titans or any other team that does it.

Vrabel didn’t win with someone else’s team. Is that what you are saying? The AFCG team was Mularkys team? That’s insane. It was Vrabels 2nd season and 2nd draft. It was and has been his team.

It was Dungys defense but Grudens offense. There is no comparison to this situation.

A pass for what? He is a very good HC. He would have a job in 30 seconds and we would be laughed at. He loses the team and they go in the tank on him. Then maybe. But Vrabel isn’t on the hot seat. Warm, sure. But not hot.

ownership made it clear where they thought the blame was at

cant say I disagree.

JR did some good things... early. Not so much lately

is what it is

Gruden built those Raiders.
That’s who TB traded for.

not only did TB see what he did in Oakland, but the team still made it to the SB with Callahan after Gruden was gone.
And had he won with the Raiders I would give him credit. But he won with a defensive team he didn’t build and failed to do anything after that. Only 3 winning seasons and 2 POs in 6 years.

His worst season was last year at 7-9. I don't get how your correlating that with 2-14, 3-13, etc over a couple of years. He's got experience and is in a re-build right now. If JRob hadn't chit the bed how he managed the OL, I'm certain we'd have even more deep playoff runs in the past few years.

If you're judging Vrabel off the 8 game losing streak- it's over. It's fair to see how this season goes and make a judgement, but it is just isn't logical to rail him when his overall production (win %) has been better than the previous coaches.
I don’t just look at numbers, I look at the product on the field. We’ve had the luxury of a weak division to bloat our numbers but we have had the same fundamental issues on both offense and defense (and some would say injuries) since Vrabel took over. Bringing Schwartz in seemed to elevate the D a little, we’ll see if it holds now that he is gone, and of course we can hope that Kelly improves the offense but that still doesn’t excuse Vrabel from taking too long to ditch Downing (or worse the fact that it’s how he wants the offense to run).

Vrabel didn’t win with someone else’s team. Is that what you are saying? The AFCG team was Mularkys team? That’s insane. It was Vrabels 2nd season and 2nd draft. It was and has been his team.

It was Dungys defense but Grudens offense. There is no comparison to this situation.
The difference between 2017 and 2019 was that the GM, you know the one we just sacked, acquired Tannehill, Henry, AJ Brown, Simmons, Saffold, Davis and Landry. That was a huge talent haul in 2 years.

And had he won with the Raiders I would give him credit. But he won with a defensive team he didn’t build and failed to do anything after that. Only 3 winning seasons and 2 POs in 6 years.
So unless they win the SB, no credit, bum coach.
Hope you call out jeff fisher as a total bum and nothing less. Better do the same with Vrabel. just getting to the SB doesn’t deserve any respect for the coach.

youre outlook is pretty brutal. 95% of coaches are bums then. Better not defend any other coach that never won a SB.

I don’t just look at numbers, I look at the product on the field. We’ve had the luxury of a weak division to bloat our numbers but we have had the same fundamental issues on both offense and defense (and some would say injuries) since Vrabel took over. Bringing Schwartz in seemed to elevate the D a little, we’ll see if it holds now that he is gone, and of course we can hope that Kelly improves the offense but that still doesn’t excuse Vrabel from taking too long to ditch Downing (or worse the fact that it’s how he wants the offense to run).
So basically you support speculation over facts.

I see Vrabel at this point as essentially Rex Ryan2.0. Rex lost the AFC championship in his first two seasons as head coach of the Jets, and it fell apart shortly after.
Vrabel "gets a pass" because the Titans have been a winning/playoff team since he's been the coach.. He's well respected across the league with players, coaches and fans.

84-49 record since he's been the coach (which includes the debacle of a season last year)

1 losing season with a depleted roster and QB injured/out half the season.

I always say coaches get too much credit and too much blame... Jrob got canned for his roster moves, yet Vrabel has no names winning games. Now Vrabel deserves at least a couple more years with Ran running the roster and hopefully bringing quality players to work with.

Changing coaches every other year hasn't worked for the Titans or any other team that does it.

Huh? Vrabel's record with the Titans is 48-34, a .585 winning percentage.

Mike Vrabel - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back