Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Vrabel at this point as essentially Rex Ryan2.0. Rex lost the AFC championship in his first two seasons as head coach of the Jets, and it fell apart shortly after. Given the age of our starting QB, RB, and #1 WR, after this season is an almost guaranteed rebuild. Hope I'm wrong, but again as of right now MV = RR.

So unless they win the SB, no credit, bum coach.
Hope you call out jeff fisher as a total bum and nothing less. Better do the same with Vrabel. just getting to the SB doesn’t deserve any respect for the coach.

youre outlook is pretty brutal. 95% of coaches are bums then. Better not defend any other coach that never won a SB.
gotta swap coaching staffs till GOAT & QBs till GOAT

that is winning football

The difference between 2017 and 2019 was that the GM, you know the one we just sacked, acquired Tannehill, Henry, AJ Brown, Simmons, Saffold, Davis and Landry. That was a huge talent haul in 2 years.

Thank you for making my point for me. There is no comparison between the 2 situations. This has been and is Vrabels team. 2018 wasn’t Mularkey’s team Vrabel was winning with. Which is believe was your original point.

This team wins more games because of Vrabel than they lose because of him. He makes mistakes. But he is a very good HC.

Vrabel "gets a pass" because the Titans have been a winning/playoff team since he's been the coach.. He's well respected across the league with players, coaches and fans.

84-49 record since he's been the coach (which includes the debacle of a season last year)

1 losing season with a depleted roster and QB injured/out half the season.

I always say coaches get too much credit and too much blame... Jrob got canned for his roster moves, yet Vrabel has no names winning games. Now Vrabel deserves at least a couple more years with Ran running the roster and hopefully bringing quality players to work with.

Changing coaches every other year hasn't worked for the Titans or any other team that does it.
Titans are 1-6 without Jon Robinson under Vrabel :popcorn:

tannemid was back this week and the homers rejoice. too bad myles garrett is gonna beat dillard like a drum and we'll see the below average again this week.

So unless they win the SB, no credit, bum coach.
Hope you call out jeff fisher as a total bum and nothing less. Better do the same with Vrabel. just getting to the SB doesn’t deserve any respect for the coach.

youre outlook is pretty brutal. 95% of coaches are bums then. Better not defend any other coach that never won a SB.
I never said not winning a SB makes you a “bum” coach. I said I won’t give credit to a coach who wins entirely due to a system and players put in place by his predecessor. And that’s exactly what happened with Gruden. Their offence was bad, I mean Brad Johnson, cmon. He barely passed for 3K under an offensive “guru”.

I never said not winning a SB makes you a “bum” coach. I said I won’t give credit to a coach who wins entirely due to a system and players put in place by his predecessor. And that’s exactly what happened with Gruden. Their offence was bad, I mean Brad Johnson, cmon. He barely passed for 3K under an offensive “guru”.
Right, Callahan deserves no credit, Gruden does for building a SB team in the Raiders.

Gruden deserves credit for building the Raiders offense that got them to the SB with Calkahan yes. Not winning with Tampa.
That may be the dumbest differentiation attempt I’ve read.
sb caliber coach not getting credit for actually winning what he is capable of winning but still recognized for being capable enough to do it.

I'd like to see Tanny go into one of those dark rooms with Rodgers, talk football for a week, and then have only one man walk out... Rodgers.

That may be the dumbest differentiation attempt I’ve read.
sb caliber coach not getting credit for actually winning what he is capable of winning but still recognized for being capable enough to do it.
I will bend it in neon for you. I give credit for building a good team/offense in Oakland but I don’t think he wins the SB with Oakland. He won the SB with Tampas D and has never been near it again.

Gruden is for some reason given status the likes of Reid, Mcvay and Tomlin who have multiple SB appearances, but in reality he is Kubiak or Billick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will bend it in neon for you. I give credit for building a good team/offense in Oakland but I don’t think he wins the SB with Oakland. He won the SB with Tampas D and has never been near it again.

Gruden is for some reason given status the likes of Reid, Mcvay and Tomlin who have multiple SB appearances, but in reality he is Kubiak or Billick.
I think this was true until his return to coaching. I think any support he had for being a borderline “great” coach disappeared on his 2nd go around in Oakland.

what that doesn’t do is remove what he did as HC in Oak his first go (building a SB team) AND Tony Dungy didn’t really reach the status of capable of building a team for someone else to win the SB with until his win in Indy a few years later. He was closer to the “can’t get it done” crowd, Peyton manning helped considering he had offensive issues in TB to the point they traded for Gruden.
I don’t think Dungy and Gruden were too far apart until gruden’s second go which hindsight can confirm he really isn’t that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back