Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Vrabel wasnt happy and JRob was fired... see how that works? I mean, it isnt rocket science over here.

So …. Then if Vrabel was right about that …………. But if he had that much power how did JRob pull it off ?

You truly don’t think it had anything to do with the Owner? It was all Vrabel? Even though every single report about his firing stated it was overall job performance, which we are still suffering from, not Vrabel. You just don’t buy it.

I never said cut him. I definitely will say he should never have been drafted by us. It was a bad use of draft PICKS (not pick) that could have been better used on o-line or wrs, then go after qb next draft. That is what I said before the draft, during the draft, after the draft and will continue to say until Levis proves me wrong.

And Vrabels? Because Vrabel runs this team, period. Ran didnt approve Vrabel being hired but you damned well know Vrabel approved the Ran hire.

Oh man, I was LIVID on draft night when we traded UP to draft a QB, with as many holes as we had within our roster. Those posts are still up in the Draft thread(s) - thought I was going to excommunicated from the board in fact. And of course Levis has countered that anger by... being inactive for two preseason games and sitting on the bench in every in-season game. It's not like this team could have used, I don't know, another rookie OL or offensive playmaker, defensive back, etc. As our season stands right this moment, just criminally stupid roster management and team awareness.

dont see it happening

was not fired for this crapshow

EWV-ZtBXQAULd2O.jpg

there are a lot of people in this thread that thought we were a viable team this season. once you realize and accept this was a soft-rebuild year, and the people at the top of this organization made a decision in-house to rip the bandaid off, it makes a lot more sense.

I'm not much of a redditor but i find this post hit the nail on the head:
Reddit - Dive into anything

no, we aren't tanking, no team will ever really tank, people have jobs to secure. but the front office went into this season knowing what the situation was. Levis sitting behind willis right now means NOTHING and people bringing it up over and over are just wasting the energy in their fingers typing it out.

tanne is the fall guy this year because putting the young guys behind this OL at the moment would kill their development. it was pretty telling last week that even after we were BLOWN OUT vs the browns at the end of the game, and even the browns had put in their back up qb, we left tanne in. it's because he's a dead man walking and we care more about protecting the fresh blood than protecting him.

trading him makes PERFECT SENSE because getting literally anything for him would be a W. though he's so trash at this point im not sure anyone actually would. most likely he'll just keep taking the hits so our young guys dont get completely rattled behind this league-worst OL.

there are a lot of people in this thread that thought we were a viable team this season. once you realize and accept this was a soft-rebuild year, and the people at the top of this organization made a decision in-house to rip the bandaid off, it makes a lot more sense.

I'm not much of a redditor but i find this post hit the nail on the head:
Reddit - Dive into anything

no, we aren't tanking, no team will ever really tank, people have jobs to secure. but the front office went into this season knowing what the situation was. Levis sitting behind willis right now means NOTHING and people bringing it up over and over are just wasting the energy in their fingers typing it out.

tanne is the fall guy this year because putting the young guys behind this OL at the moment would kill their development. it was pretty telling last week that even after we were BLOWN OUT vs the browns at the end of the game, and even the browns had put in their back up qb, we left tanne in. it's because he's a dead man walking and we care more about protecting the fresh blood than protecting him.

trading him makes PERFECT SENSE because getting literally anything for him would be a W. though he's so trash at this point im not sure anyone actually would. most likely he'll just keep taking the hits so our young guys dont get completely rattled behind this league-worst OL.
I agree. We are in a soft re-build. We're 3 pieces away still with the OL. I see the idea- get a young QB, let him sit and acclimate to the speed of the game. That's Levis btw- squirrel is a lost cause. And squirrel was the JRob solution. We were able to get a highly rated QB iwith 2nd round draft capital which enabled what I think is the plan to use mid round capital to fill the OL next year.

I agree. We are in a soft re-build. We're 3 pieces away still with the OL. I see the idea- get a young QB, let him sit and acclimate to the speed of the game. That's Levis btw- squirrel is a lost cause. And squirrel was the JRob solution. We were able to get a highly rated QB iwith 2nd round draft capital which enabled what I think is the plan to use mid round capital to fill the OL next year.
I don’t think we have any mid round picks…

We need to get a better OL coach if we are going with mid rnd draft picks…. I have no faith in this guy from Colgate.

If I am an owner I am spending my money on assembling the best coaching staff possible… their is no salary cap on coaches… go find the best OL coach and pay the man!!!

We need to get a better OL coach if we are going with mid rnd draft picks…. I have no faith in this guy from Colgate.

If I am an owner I am spending my money on assembling the best coaching staff possible… their is no salary cap on coaches… go find the best OL coach and pay the man!!!

If only it was that easy.

Other than that one duck Tanny lobbed up, he looked very good yesterday. Even the one where he overthrew just by a hair to Hopkins, it was still a good ball, prime Hopkins catches that.

When he trusts his receivers and gets rid of the ball, he is a good qb. When he tries to wait for an open receiver things just go bad. I would like to say "he needs to learn when to throw the ball away" but at his stage of his career, he isnt learning new things.

Was very impressed with Tanny this week. Even the int, didn't bother me much as it was a deep pass attempt. What I liked a lot this week was he didn't stare down receivers all day. There was a long completion to Hopkins after looking the other way. I also appreciated the arm angles. I think that was an effort to avoid more passes batted down at the line which killed him earlier. (so maybe he can still learn) Good game all around and hope it continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back