Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way the man is not being responsible or acting like he wants to be a pro football player. We're talking over the course of months he just doesn't seem to take his career seriously.

It appears he's on a boat with a few not really attractive white girls. . . Not the best look, but I dont really expect the kid to lock himself in his house alone or anything.

That's true but at the same time has he done ANYTHING that shows he's working towards getting on the field? Most Rookies are grinding to earn their keep and build a career. He came in the gate Wildin' out lol

Maybe he's another Dodd, doesn't care about football?

“It’s surprising to see. It’s sad to see, too,” said Fountaine, Wilson’s coach at New York’s Poly Prep. “I just hope he kind of wakes up a little. …

“It’s almost like he’s self-destructing on purpose.”

“It’s surprising to see. It’s sad to see, too,” said Fountaine, Wilson’s coach at New York’s Poly Prep. “I just hope he kind of wakes up a little. …

Could be onto something. He got bodied and fast in his limited action as an NFL player. Truly raw. Maybe he doesn’t feel he’s good enough to back his draft stock and doesn’t want to work hard enough to get where he needs to be. One thing is certain, he’s not taking his career and or position as a rookie seriously.

Dodd was just too fat to play OLB and soft

So yea maybe he is Dodd2.0

The fact that those were ones all over the boat deck makes me think he has no intention of continuing to play football and and he’s tryna save that skrilla!

That's true but at the same time has he done ANYTHING that shows he's working towards getting on the field? Most Rookies are grinding to earn their keep and build a career. He came in the gate Wildin' out lol

Really, I dont know what he's done besides make it impossible for the coaches to trust him or want him on the field.

It appears he's a lost cause... but at least the O Line hasn't been a major issue and we're not left wondering what if...

He'll collect a few million and ride off in to the sunset when he's cut. Likely on a boat full of hoochies.

Is there any kind of infraction a rookie can do that would force him to return the money?
There should be some stipulations involving money.
Not playing is obviously not a punishment to him.

If we cut him does he get the money from the cap hit. I mean we're looking pretty screwed if we keep him screwed if we don't. So if we cut him does he get the cap hit money or we just get penalised.

Pretty sure the Amy's lawyers could find something on him which would be detrimental to the nfl and the team.

Do not cut him. If he gets cut he could turn it around and help another team. We should just leave him on the inactive roster and find a way to avoid paying him. Like the Jags did with Blackmon for years. Suspension for conduct detrimental to the team or something.

Do not cut him. If he gets cut he could turn it around and help another team. We should just leave him on the inactive roster and find a way to avoid paying him. Like the Jags did with Blackmon for years. Suspension for conduct detrimental to the team or something.
That was a league imposed suspension for substance abuse. Basically Josh Gordon's situation, except Blackmon just gave up and never tried to be reinstated. Wilson will have to be in the program before that can happen. I'd guess once a ruling comes down on his DUI case it could be a possibility after that if he continues to have issues with alcohol.

Until then he's just our problem, not the league's.

maybe we trade him in the offseason, hes just too expensive to cut

If he wins it in camp, let him play early next season and bury any behavior story. If stupidity continues (and it will) then you've effectively bumped his trade value for some team that loses an OL (like we did). Then you can get the most for this waste pick.

Even if the Titans could recoup the money for him being worthless this year, it's not like they could reapply it to the team in any way.
if he has not interest in football, he won. He got his rookie contract money and can walk (or roll) away. If the Titans can release him without paying him any additional money, I'd be alright with that. If not, just hold on to him for any potential he may offer going into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back