Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I mentioned this in another thread a while back.

The organisation literally hasnt spoken to him in 2 of his 10 months since he was drafted.

Hes been on the covid list for another 2 of those months.

Hes probably been at 2 months worth of trainings/team activities.

The biggest impact has been on us/the fans/the lower level coaches. Hard to see the locked room being massively impacted by this guy.

Also, to those saying if we can cut him and save $$ then do it, I imagine that if we could, we would have by now.

JRob was clear the other day, he gave a very public 'over to you buddy'.
I agree, can't see us cutting him...won't get anything in a trade...see what this offseason brings, its on Wilson imo

From nfl.com...how is this not on JRob?

A 6-foot-6, 350-pounder out of Georgia, Wilson's selection in the first round was seen as a bit of a surprise and he was seen as a project. That project resulted in only one game played as a rookie, one in which he logged three offensive snaps and one snap on special teams.

A 6-foot-6, 350-pounder out of Georgia, Wilson's selection in the first round was seen as a bit of a surprise and he was seen as a project. That project resulted in only one game played as a rookie, one in which he logged three offensive snaps and one snap on special teams.
If he's considered a project, wouldn't that also be part of the OL coach (aka Downing)?

I know he has to physically be with the team for that to work out though.
With that in mind, knowing he was likely drafted as a project, this almost assures me that JRob is going to fight to give him an opportunity to develop into something.

If he's considered a project, wouldn't that also be part of the OL coach (aka Downing)?

I know he has to physically be with the team for that to work out though.
With that in mind, knowing he was likely drafted as a project, this almost assures me that JRob is going to fight to give him an opportunity to develop into something.
Should projects be drafted in Rd 1 when they're positions of need? I know we have Kelly etc. Losing Lewan hurt the OL as well.
I'm thinking when you let Conklin walk, you draft a RT in Rd1 you expect some contributions?

His Twitter handle is "lazy", was terribly out of shape/unprepared but there was no red flags at all? Hmmm

For how much the titans seem to preach their culture there's been some weird pick-ups/draft picks.

Wilson
Simmons
Clowney
Beasley

All had red-flags. However simmons may make all the other miscues worth it honestly.

Simmons was nonexistent for at least the last 5 games

not sure how that compensates for 3 busts

Should projects be drafted in Rd 1 when they're positions of need? I know we have Kelly etc. Losing Lewan hurt the OL as well.
I'm thinking when you let Conklin walk, you draft a RT in Rd1 you expect some contributions?
I think they were expecting a project similar to Nate Davis, but with bigger measurables and more upside. Davis was a 3rd round pick, so it stands to reason that a bigger, stronger version of him that could play tackle would be worth a higher pick.

What they didn't expect was his flat out laziness, attitude issues, and the money going to his head the way it has.

At face value I agree the answer is no he shouldn't be picking a project at that spot but I don't really know what level of "project" he was supposed to be. It also makes believe he had some doubts about Kelley overall.
Lewan getting hurt was after the fact. He must have had some faith in Beasley too, since it was far from a guarantee we'd sign Clowney prior to the draft.

Not suggesting JRob get a pass, but I think part of his thought process must have included some necessary work with the OL Coach before being ready to play. That part didn't happen.

It has to fall on someone. Can't just sweep this under the rug and say oopsy.

I think they were expecting a project similar to Nate Davis, but with bigger measurables and more upside. Davis was a 3rd round pick, so it stands to reason that a bigger, stronger version of him that could play tackle would be worth a higher pick.

What they didn't expect was his flat out laziness, attitude issues, and the money going to his head the way it has.
Agree, but none of the laziness, attitude issues came out in his college career or the pre-draft process? The money thing i totally get, maybe thats all it is?

What an idiot lol. I mean who says that to the organization that drafts you knowing you out in the street making bad decisions? This guy had more off field incidents than NFL snaps. Every team has made a bad pick and I'm sure J Rob and company will be more thorough in the future.

What an idiot lol. I mean who says that to the organization that drafts you knowing you out in the street making bad decisions? This guy had more off field incidents than NFL snaps. Every team has made a bad pick and I'm sure J Rob and company will be more thorough in the future.
Read this earlier, can't find it again...

His girlfriend spent more time on his lap then he did on the field

I just do not see us cutting him before June 1st. Dead money drops from 6 million to roughly 3 million. But if he just does not report at all, I wonder if we can get out of it like the raiders did with antonio brown?

Teams take on projects in the 1st round all the time...look at some of the QBs taken in the last few years alone. Lamar, Jordan Luck etc etc.

Come to think of it, aren't all draft picks projects to some extent?

Teams take on projects in the 1st round all the time...look at some of the QBs taken in the last few years alone. Lamar, Jordan Luck etc etc.

Come to think of it, aren't all draft picks projects to some extent?
Every draft pick is a gamble. Few are total a$$ wagons like Wilson. Not sure they could have predicted this outcome, but the outcome is exceedingly poor.

If we can't recoup money, I say we keep him, make him dress out in the opposing team's mascot uniform, and let TRac continually hit him with a golf cart on the sidelines during home games.

Every draft pick is a gamble. Few are total a$$ wagons like Wilson. Not sure they could have predicted this outcome, but the outcome is exceedingly poor.
I agree with you.

My comment was in response to previous posts questioning why we took a project in the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back