Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re misunderstanding “crazy defensiveness” for starters.

The argument has been about trading up to take one of two QBs. Neither are worth it. But I get it, ESPN has been saying for years QB is all that matters, you’ve bought in but reality is, they say things to get people to watch their talking heads. Surely you know this,
espn lmao. give me a fucking break dude.
QBs run this league and the teams with actual good QBs are the ones getting within a game of the dance year in and year out, like clockwork. "surely you know this". unless you think we are somehow going to pull a 49ers defense out of our ass this year??

As far as THill, you did say average and declining. I don’t see anything to say declining. I don’t think he’s great either.
I think there’s a better chance at having a respectable OL this year than it is to get a “franchise QB”.
how about the playoff meltdowns? how about his yearly stats? how about the fact he's now fighting injuries at 35 and coming off ankle surgery? everything is pointing down. he isn't trash but he isnt even above average at this point.

and what exactly does a better OL this year accomplish? so we can get a middle round pick and AGAIN not get a QB because we are too far away in the order? not to mention, im not sure if you watch college but again there are only like 2 QBs that people consider "elite" next year and they have just as many questionmarks as these 2. there is never going to be a sure thing and mid-ing our way out of the QB spot again gets us nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the argument becomes, you must use an early draft pick to get a QB that must be a Mahomes to win a SB or else you’ll never win. At least that’s the case you’ve made.
So ya, I strongly disagree.
maybe in your head that's what you contorted my argument into. but i said you need a very good qb. not the best qb in the league. right now we do not have a very good qb, and he's 35 coming off ankle surgery. and we now have the highest pick we've had in many years. and as long as vrabel is the coach, probably the best we will have. (i hope!)

espn lmao. give me a ****ing break dude.
QBs run this league and the teams with actual good QBs are the ones getting within a game of the dance year in and year out, like clockwork. "surely you know this". unless you think we are somehow going to pull a 49ers defense out of our ass this year??

how about the playoff meltdowns? how about his yearly stats? how about the fact he's now fighting injuries at 35 and coming off ankle surgery? everything is pointing down. he isn't trash but he isnt even above average at this point.

and what exactly does a better OL this year accomplish? so we can get a middle round pick and AGAIN not get a QB because we are too far away in the order? not to mention, im not sure if you watch college but again there are only like 2 QBs that people consider "elite" next year and they have just as many questionmarks as these 2. there is never going to be a sure thing and mid-ing our way out of the QB spot again gets us nowhere.
So this is the way, the only success possible is tanking for an early QB and hope it’s Mahomes. If not, try try try again.

horrible strategy. If you were running the team, you have as many fans as the Jags for all the non competitive teams you’ve put together with swings and misses.

maybe in your head that's what you contorted my argument into. but i said you need a very good qb. not the best qb in the league. right now we do not have a very good qb, and he's 35 coming off ankle surgery. and we now have the highest pick we've had in many years. and as long as vrabel is the coach, probably the best we will have. (i hope!)
You made the same argument a second time. Must have early QB pick and maybe not Mahomes, but has to be Brady, Mahomes, or Stafford at least or zero shot.

So this is the way, the only success possible is tanking for an early QB and hope it’s Mahomes. If not, try try try again.

horrible strategy. If you were running the team, you have as many fans as the Jags for all the non competitive teams you’ve put together with swings and misses.
where did I say anything about tanking? and yes if you dont hit on your qb, you have to try again at some point..

Weird stat but this is the stat line for a QB the last post season game before winning the SB their next trip in the post season:

brad Johnson 22/36 202 yds 0/4
Big Ben 14/24 226 yds 2/3
Joe flacco 20/35 189 yds 0/2
Peyton manning 14/31 137 yds 0/2

few other pedestrian outings.
Often times people see the name and assume it was another great season because it was a HoF QB but when their performance is actually looked at, you realize they won on some of their worst performances.

where did I say anything about tanking? and yes if you dont hit on your qb, you have to try again at some point..
Want to address Tammy’s contract? The hook we are on. Makes sense to have a semblance of your approach NEXT year. Trading Henry, and getting rid of Tammy will put the Titans in Purgatory for 5 years.

i would happily take a very good qb from free agency instead, if there were any.
This sounds like a trade idea for Aaron Rodgers.

we get the “very good” QB required and we don’t need to worry about anything else.
Plus, next year tons of cap room.

Sorry, you didn’t, trade the farm is also an option, but either way, you’ve doubled down that you must take a QB early and it has to be “very good” or it’s a bust.

Sorry, you didn’t, trade the farm is also an option, but either way, you’ve doubled down that you must take a QB early and it has to be “very good” or it’s a bust.
yes statistically good QBs come from pick 20 or higher. and obviously as you move closer to the front of the draft that hit rate increases. that's where QBs go in drafts.

and yes, QBs dont always work out. but you always need a good one.

these things are all true.

I can’t take anymore! Been fun fellas. Gotta get up in the morning and work the Emergency Room. Might just see Vondy in there after this beating…

yes statistically good QBs come from pick 20 or higher. and obviously as you move closer to the front of the draft that hit rate increases. that's where QBs go in drafts.

and yes, QBs dont always work out. but you always need a good one.

these things are all true.

“good QBs” dont win SB, only “very good” do and some of them are drafted in the 3rd rd or 6th round. And not all “very good” QBs win a SB.

It seems like the SB winning QB is only drafted in the top 10 about once every 5 years (Mahomes at 10, Stafford at 1, although won on a different team, Ben/Eli before that).

And does it equate to SB wins?
List of teams that picked a top 10 QB the last 25 years and if they won the SB with said top 10 QB:
2021 Jax/Jets/SF - remains to be seen, I think the Jets are out
2020 CIN/mia/LAC - remains to be seen, but pretty good class like 2004
2019 ARZ/NYG- remains to be seen? Not looking great
2018 Cle/NYJ/Buf/ARZ - maybe buffalo? Kind of a playoff choker though
2017 chi/KC - there’s 1, Mahomes
2016 rams/Phi - nope
2015 TB/TEN - nope
2014 Jax - nope
2012 Ind/was/mia - nope
2011 car/ten/Jax - nope
2010 rams - nope
2009 Det/NYJ - nope
2008 Atl - soooooo close but nope
2007 Oak - nope
2006 ten/ARZ - nope
2005 SF - nope
2004 LAC/NYG - I’ll count Eli since he was really drafted to play NYG
2003 CIN/Jax - nope
2002 Hou/Det - nope
2001 Atl - nope
1999 Cle/Phi/CIN - nope
1998 ind/lac - the bigger Manning makes 3.

3 in 25 years, 43 top 10 QBs. What’s worse is how many times you see the same teams over and over just keep trying as other teams that aren’t doing this are winning the SB almost exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back