Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you calling Stroud a pure pocket passer?
He is a pocket passer. I’m a buckeye fan. Yes, he is capable of moving so he isn’t a statue. But to act like he’s remotely similar to VY, Mariota, etc is ridiculous. Hes similar to burrow, capable athlete, but does most of his work from the pocket

He is a pocket passer. I’m a buckeye fan. Yes, he is capable of moving so he isn’t a statue. But to act like he’s remotely similar to VY, Mariota, etc is ridiculous. Hes similar to burrow, capable athlete, but does most of his work from the pocket

As a Buckeye fan do you think Stroud will be a franchise QB and what would you give up to trade for him?

As a Buckeye fan do you think Stroud will be a franchise QB and what would you give up to trade for him?
I do think he will be a very good player. Not convinced he is in the elite tier of mahomes, Allen, burrow, etc but I think he will be a very good QB. Just not sure I can justify moving up to get him(unless it’s to like #6) because the cost would be too high to move up to number 1 and we have so many holes on our roster so it would be setting him up to fail

He was fun to watch in college.

He's definitely not a generational talent worth the capital it takes to move up from the 11th position in order to draft him. To suggest otherwise is silly.

Trading Henry makes more sense than the AJ trade. Henry is in the final year of his contract and is pushing towards 30, with the flurry of moves the Titans are shifting towards a rebuild whether y'all wanna admit it or not. Trading a young prolific WR away to avoid paying him made no sense what so ever. Trading a RB who is a year or two away from entering the downward RB spiral with one year remaining on his contract in the midst of a rebuild makes sense.

It's not about saving money, it's about building towards the future. If the Titans can swing a trade and receive a similar haul to what the Panthers traded McCaffrey for they absolutely should pull that trigger.

That's my error. Is he an exceptional pocket passer, as in worth gutting the current roster to move up and get him?

I don't believe that he (or any other QB in this year's draft) is.
Only way I would trade up for a QB is if they come in like Manning. Anyone who didnt know he was a generational QB had to be blind.

Yessssss hit me with that full rebuild, Ran!

R.331a9348d16fa73f47fad41970ea4fae

Ppl happy we traded AJ after being the #1 seed but melting down at the thought of trading a near 30 year old running back in the midst of a rebuild. Make it make sense.
AJ was being a bitchboi and wanted too much money after a 5td season and spending more time on sidelines than playing

Given the age of our best offensive players, it's pretty likely we'd be in the same position within 2 years.

The average shelf-life of an NFL GM is roughly 3 years. If you are Ran, why in the world would you put up your future in the hands of declining vets?

It may be risky to go with a rookie QB, but at least he's a taking that risk with the guys he has chosen.
Unless he fills an entirely new 53 man roster, he’s accepting some of the players from “before his time”. Him choosing which ones to keep is his choice.

man’s this is where subjectivity of opinion comes into play. THill this year is a safer bet than any of the draft class.

Stroud is an Ohio St QB, that’s about as big a strike against taking him as any I’ve ever seen.

rule #1 about the draft, you don’t waste your franchise on Ohio St QBs. The net result is always, you’ll be picking another QB in 3-4 years.

just keep not taking qb year after year because we are too afraid. keep getting middle picks. keep on keepin on.

it's not every year the team with the top pick doesnt need a qb. it's pretty rare. i guess we'll just keep telling ourselves next year is the year.

our team "isnt that bad" but apparently we'll be able to EASILY move up in the near future for the #1 qb in whichever draft? doesnt add up guys

Last edited by a moderator:
this fanbase sure loves mediocrity and is just fine with the status quo

just keep not taking qb year after year because we are too afraid. keep getting middle picks. keep on keepin on

it's not every year the team with the top pick doesnt need a qb. it's pretty rare. i guess we'll just keep telling ourselves next year is the year.
It's pretty simple. We're better off with who we already have for now. Next year may be different.

Just because a QB is available in the 1st round doesn't mean that he's a better option, especially when you have to move up 1/3 of the draft order to get him.

Last edited by a moderator:
just keep not taking qb year after year because we are too afraid. keep getting middle picks. keep on keepin on.

our team "isnt that bad" but apparently we'll be able to EASILY move up in the near future for the #1 qb in whichever draft? doesnt add up guys
We drafted Malik Willis last year, why isn't he starting in the NFL?

It's pretty simple. We're better off with who we already have for now. Next year may be different.

Just because a QB is available in the 1st round doesn't mean that he's a better option.
bryce or stroud would be clear upgrades and give us a rookie qb with 120m+ in cap space next year.... the correct move is qb and then load up.

if it doesn't work out it doesnt work out. but we are just wasting our time right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back