Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
just keep not taking qb year after year because we are too afraid. keep getting middle picks. keep on keepin on.

it's not every year the team with the top pick doesnt need a qb. it's pretty rare. i guess we'll just keep telling ourselves next year is the year.

our team "isnt that bad" but apparently we'll be able to EASILY move up in the near future for the #1 qb in whichever draft? doesnt add up guys
Maybe we can pick 11th and get Mahomes.
My bad, he was 10. Watson was 12. Split the difference I guess.

bryce or stroud would be clear upgrades and give us a rookie qb with 120m+ in cap space next year.... the correct move is qb and then load up.

if it doesn't work out it doesnt work out. but we are just wasting our time right now.
No, they would very clearly be downgrades and cost us multiple future draft picks and/or current players to obtain.

As long as you get a QB from Ohio State though right? :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they would very clearly be downgrades and cost us multiple future draft picks and/or current players to obtain.

As long as you get a QB from Ohio Sate, though right? :crazy:
no they would both be upgrades and i'll have to check but im pretty sure they didnt both play for ohio state

Unless he fills an entirely new 53 man roster, he’s accepting some of the players from “before his time”. Him choosing which ones to keep is his choice.

man’s this is where subjectivity of opinion comes into play. THill this year is a safer bet than any of the draft class.

I mean J-Rob flushed like 90% of the roster within 1 year when he took over. Never had a losing season.

Tanne may be a better bet year 1, but he's gonna be 35. Unless you are an all time great, it's unlikely you're gonna be a good QB moving into your late 30's. The band aid has to be ripped off at some point. With the cap space we will have coming in 2024, now seems like a pretty great time to take a chance on a young franchise QB on a rookie deal.

no they would both be upgrades and i'll have to check but im pretty sure they didnt both play for ohio state
Because we can field a team of one player on offense?

Do you have any idea of what it would take to move up to draft them?

What about the other positions that need to be filled?

We drafted Malik Willis last year, why isn't he starting in the NFL?
Because QBs drafted outside the 1st round have an extremely low hit rate. It's ok to take a chance on these guys periodically in the mid rounds because you never how is going to be the be the next Brady, Dak, or Cousins.

Because we can field a team of one player on offense?

Do you have any idea of what it would take to move up to draft them?

What about the other positions that need to be filled?
i repeat, we would have him on a rookie deal and then have 120m+ in cap space next offseason.... thats how you rebuild. thats how all these teams get ahead is by getting that rookie qb and then building around him.

if he's a home run then we hit the jackpot and if he's not we still have a good roster when his deal is up.

right now we do not have a good roster.

with the cap space we are about to have next year, it's a perfect time to strike. let the rookie work out his issues this year and trade the aging pieces for more picks. then next year it's go time.

Because QBs drafted outside the 1st round have an extremely low hit rate. It's ok to take a chance on these guys periodically in the mid rounds because you never how is going to be the be the next Brady, Dak, or Cousins.
So do players drafted in the 1st.

I pointed out Willis bc we "never" draft at QB. Everyone (not just Titan fans) seemed to be in love with the pick until they saw him play.

i repeat, we would have him on a rookie deal and then have 120m+ in cap space next offseason.... thats how you rebuild. thats how all these teams get ahead is by getting that rookie qb and then building around him.

if he's a home run then we hit the jackpot and if he's not we still have a good roster when his deal is up.

right now we do not have a good roster.

with the cap space we are about to have next year, it's a perfect time to strike. let the rookie work out his issues this year and trade the aging pieces for more picks. then next year it's go time.
This isn't Madden. You'll have no top draft picks for 2 years, certainly not in 2024.

How do you plan to get the #1 draft pick? Say "pretty please" ?

just keep not taking qb year after year because we are too afraid. keep getting middle picks. keep on keepin on.

it's not every year the team with the top pick doesnt need a qb. it's pretty rare. i guess we'll just keep telling ourselves next year is the year.

our team "isnt that bad" but apparently we'll be able to EASILY move up in the near future for the #1 qb in whichever draft? doesnt add up guys
You mean like Marry and Mr. Pretty Real Good!? You act as if we haven’t already done it!

This isn't Madden. You'll have no top draft picks for 2 years, certainly not in 2024.

How do you plan to get the #1 draft pick? Say "pretty please" ?
it seems like you cant even follow the discussion we are having.

why the hell would we need a top pick in 24 to take the guy in 23?

it seems like you cant even follow the discussion we are having.

why the hell would we need a top pick in 24 to take the guy in 23?
You don't need 1st or 2nd round picks in 2024? 2025?

Ok.

I guess you plan on just having the DL play offense? DE and TE are the same thing, right? That's some innovative cost cuts!

Have Stonehouse play center until 4th down, and have Stroud snap him the ball to punt?

You don't need 1st or 2nd round picks in 2024? 2025?

Ok.

I guess you plan on just having the DL play offense? DE and TE are the same thing, right?

Have Stonehouse play center until 4th down, and have Stroud snap the ball?
i think i already addressed the massive cap advantage we'd have. and trading pieces to get some picks back. all a part of it.

also you keep saying stroud. bryce or stroud is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back