Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ran does this, he's lost all goodwill he gained after cutting all the losers his first week
Why would he lose good will? Henry is aging and we need cap room. We aren’t going to win a Super Bowl with this roster so makes sense to try and get value out of him. Sucks, but it’s the right move

What about the Chiefs or Bills or Bengals? Why did you go Browns?

Intentionally ignoring the successes?
I mean he could have added, Jets, Jaguars, Cardinals, Vikings, Panthers, bears, broncos, buccaneers, and I’m sure more depending how far back you want to go.
Using 3 success stories to defend what is probably a 5:1 or worse ratio of crap 1st rd QB vs legit starter seems to be ignoring more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the capital needed to get him on the roster in the first place, for starters. If you think the Titans have holes in their roster now......

All for an unproven QB in the same playing style as VY, Mett, Locker and Mariota.
Same playing style as those 4 who aren’t similar players? Lol makes sense

I think you're being disingenuous. You know exactly why I referenced the Browns. Gutting your entire roster for a QB isn't an exclusively Browns move, and no, neither the Chiefs nor the Bills did that.

Ppl happy we traded AJ after being the #1 seed but melting down at the thought of trading a near 30 year old running back in the midst of a rebuild. Make it make sense.

You have the vision of a mole rat.
naked-mole-rat_thumb.jpg
That looks like a penis with teeth!

So what’s the answer? Tannehill? Willis? Who then. We need a QB. You sound scared to draft one. The top guys who are proven aren’t going to be available. We need a young QB on a rookie deal. Period.
I disagree on most of the takes on THill and have been abundantly repetitive on my stance about the overvaluing the QB.

you don’t need Mahomes. You need safe and turnover free QB.

Looking at those 3 teams first round QB selections Mahomes was the first QB Chiefs have taken in the first since the 80s, the Bills and Bengals have only picked first round QBs a couple of times over the years.

Those teams happened to hit on QBs but there's a lot more misses than there are hits across the league.
The teams you named would have missed a lot if they had been drafting QBs in the first round.

If I'm a gm, then every year I tell other gms that all my players are available for trade.... just make an offer.... that doesn't mean that you are going to trade all your players, but if some team makes a crazy good offer on one of your guys then you have to consider it.

If I'm a gm, then every year I tell other gms that all my players are available for trade.... just make an offer.... that doesn't mean that you are going to trade all your players, but if some team makes a crazy good offer on one of your guys then you have to consider it.

I'm sure it works that way for most GMs. Just like most teams look at the incoming QB class even if they have a good QB. Due diligence.

GMs are always looking for ways to improve their team or improve draft stock, cap space etc... It's no surprise that the new GM would be asking around to see if Henry has value beyond what he values him at... But I don't think it would be smart to dump Henry for peanuts.

The thread is still full of ppl defending it lol
I think that’s different than happy about it.

I’ll defend the trade, but I wasn’t happy AJ Brown was gone.
Kind of like this thread, people aren’t happy if Henry gets traded, but some argue a trade makes sense.

I'm sure it works that way for most GMs. Just like most teams look at the incoming QB class even if they have a good QB. Due diligence.

GMs are always looking for ways to improve their team or improve draft stock, cap space etc... It's no surprise that the new GM would be asking around to see if Henry has value beyond what he values him at... But I don't think it would be smart to dump Henry for peanuts.

Totally agree.... unless trading him lands us our franchise QB then I see no reason to trade him.... plenty of other ways to get cap room... I want to see an angry Henry running in a contract year... I would expect Henry's agent to be working the Titans for an extension... part of the negotiations would be Ran showing Henry's agent that the league doesn't value him because the offers that he has gotten are crap...

Catalyst, said QB MUST show massive talent, likely in the W column, for there to be any excitement.

and if he doesn’t, then fans start turning on the QB/team while they ride out said crap QB right through the new stadium unveiling.

honestly quite a gamble considering how often QB “hits” are from the draft.

Given the age of our best offensive players, it's pretty likely we'd be in the same position within 2 years.

The average shelf-life of an NFL GM is roughly 3 years. If you are Ran, why in the world would you put up your future in the hands of declining vets?

It may be risky to go with a rookie QB, but at least he's a taking that risk with the guys he has chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back