Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. As a PSL owner, I likely walk before going through another rebuild.

If momma wants to sell PSLs to her new stadium, it's going to be tough if she can't keep original PSL holders.

It's going to be even tougher if BDH falls off a cliff next next year as would have no face of the franchise anymore and the rebuild becomes even longer because we didn't trade valuable short term assets when we had the chance.

I think it's clear AAS wants to move into the new stadium with a young, franchise QB. Probably Stroud.

Hahahahaha, yeah ok tell yourself whatever you want to hear. The best victory of 2022 was over 8-8 Washington, the Titans didn't beat a single team worth a crap and got absolutely throttled by Buffalo, Philly and the Jags at home. They played close games against KC and Cincy, but this game isn't about moral victories it's about winning and the Titans only won against terrible patsies last season and even lost to one, Houston at home.
This team has also fielded the most players in NFL history the last two years. Played KC with the squirrel and 1/3 of a roster and competed. Take your loser mentality head out of your ass, and maybe you'll be able to hear too.

Is this about getting value before a player is done? Byard is 30.

I don't think anyone is advocating giving Henry or selling him as a salary dump.

Trading BDH for a 3 and a 4 (or worse) wouldn't be a very smart, imo. You don't trade someone like him just to free up space and get a mid round pick.

No one currently on our should be off limits in a trade if the value is right. Selling off Byard in a salary dump wouldn't be very smart, either.

While I have my reservations that management wants to trade away the face of the franchise with a new stadium in the horizon, I don’t see an issue with getting a feel for his market.

Hypothetically if the Bears have interest, could there be a trade involving the #1 pick? If so, could it look something like….
Bears get: Henry, pick #11 and 2024 3rd round.
Titans get: #1, #65 (or maybe #104 and 2024 4th round)

I know that is placing a premium on Henry (and estimating like a top-10 pick value), but for a guy that still has some tread left and can be a difference-maker, I think you have to place some premium on that.

Just throwing out some scenario but who knows what will happen.

This team has also fielded the most players in NFL history the last two years. Played KC with the squirrel and 1/3 of a roster and competed. Take your loser mentality head out of your ass, and maybe you'll be able to hear too.

Where were all the injuries during the Buffalo game? Relevant teams don't get embarrassed like that, period. You're delusional if you're expecting some sort of massive playoff push in 2023. The division is going to be crap once again in 2023, but there is more to it than winning a crap division.....it's about advancing in the playoffs. 2024 the Titans will have massive cap space to fill out the roster, they don't have that luxury in 2023 despite jettisoning numerous starters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo. As a PSL owner, I likely walk before going through another rebuild.

If momma wants to sell PSLs to her new stadium, it's going to be tough if she can't keep original PSL holders.

Not if they draft a young new QB and add talent it won’t. NFL Stadiums print money. The Titans will be fine. Another rebuild is what should be done. Continuing to put a mediocre product out there just winning some games won’t cut it. This team won’t finish dead last ever under Vrabel. But a rebuild is the right thing to do.

No one currently on our should be off limits in a trade if the value is right. Selling off Byard in a salary dump wouldn't be very smart, either.
1. Henry is done (or near it). Yet another NFL team is going to give up some solid picks for him. Or,

2. Henry is still a top 5 RB in the NFL. If the Titans feel they are a few holes away from getting back, why trade him and go into full-blown rebuild?

And I agree, trading Byard would be stupid. As I think it is trading Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back