Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re unrealistic about the current situation. We aren’t going to be good this year. Better to prepare for the future now instead of trying to go 8-9 instead of 2-15.
I disagree. The South still sucks so that automatically puts TN in legit contention for post season (incoming the “ehhh but QB” BS arguments about the post season)
And if TN re-signs Big Jeff, the Defense keeps them competitive week in and week out.
This team got gassed but was less than a qtr away from beating the SB champs with a highly injured roster.
They are competitors now, still.

he's the face of franchise, you run him into the ground and make him retire a Titan

you don't trade him to the Ravens for scraps

Because a team has never made the mistake of trading for a vet that had very little left…. Remember Julio Jones? Robert Woods? It happens all the time. You might eventually realize my “drivel” is the wisest and most accurate on this forum. Most of you buy into the hype and think with your emotions, I don’t.
Outside of your rhetoric, in his present state of decline, what would you accept for him?

If we could get early 2nd with an additional conditional 3rd, (or late 1st, 4th) I’d do it. Otherwise, I want him in the locker room framing the work ethic of these young guys.

We were pretty damn relevant last year until the injuries piled up. This team can be salvaged with addressing the line, which can be done THIS year. We are in the AFC South, which is a blessing. Trading away the only talent we have is stupid! Simmons and Henry should stay. Don't really care if you give a damn or not.

Hahahahaha, yeah ok tell yourself whatever you want to hear. The best victory of 2022 was over 8-8 Washington, the Titans didn't beat a single team worth a crap and got absolutely throttled by Buffalo, Philly and the Jags at home. They played close games against KC and Cincy, but this game isn't about moral victories it's about winning and the Titans only won against terrible patsies last season and even lost to one, Houston at home.

We were #1 seed when henry missed over half the season. Yes he's a great back, and an even better human. But he isn't the difference in us being a Superbowl contender, especially now. Might as well try to get some value for him while we can as sad as it may be.

not sure if you've looked at the free agent class this year but it is not good. we likely aren't going to be able to make a big difference in the team either way with this FA class. I don't think having the cap space now vs next year really makes all that much of a difference honestly.

i think ran sees the same thing. if we didn't give dupree the june1 designation (no report that we did so far), it means we agreed to eat all his dead cap this year so we have none next year. he's loading up for cap NEXT season, not necessarily this season.

I would love to know where you think we're going to get a running back at if we cave on a 3rd round pick for Derrick......... (thus creating 3 most major roster holes, instead of 2) if we need a Tackle this year, and QB next year......

We aren't an offense, nor star studded roster , to be able to maximize 3rd round and beyond running backs....... Kamara, McKinnon, Aaron Jones, Tony Pollard, Rasheem Mostert, etc. all would have never taken off in our scheme.

Would really suck. Statistically, 2022 was his 2nd best season. 1900+ all purpose yards. 5.1 yards per touch. I certainly didn't see much, if any decline last year.

That being said, realistically he could be done as a starting RB within 2 years. If we are committed to a rebuild, send him to a playoff team and let him try to win a SB. Hopefully that team is in the NFC. Would be nice to see him in Atlanta, though they aren't really close to a SB team currently.

Outside of your rhetoric, in his present state of decline, what would you accept for him?

If we could get early 2nd with an additional conditional 3rd, (or late 1st, 4th) I’d do it. Otherwise, I want him in the locker room framing the work ethic of these young guys.

I think we could possibly get something similar to what McCaffrey brought back. Ideally, a 2 and 4 or 5 this year and a 3 next year.

I would consider a 2nd a big win for us

I think we could possibly get something similar to what McCaffrey brought back. Ideally, a 2 and 4 or 5 this year and a 3 next year.
that would be a home run.

but henry is 2 years older and not nearly as versatile as cmc, so probably a decent amount less

If we don't have Henry this year, we won't win 3 games. Not really interested in a 3 win season as a fan.
Bingo. As a PSL owner, I likely walk before going through another rebuild.

If momma wants to sell PSLs to her new stadium, it's going to be tough if she can't keep original PSL holders.

Bingo. As a PSL owner, I likely walk before going through another rebuild.

If momma wants to sell PSLs to her new stadium, it's going to be tough if she can't keep original PSL holders.

Can't sell many tickets with INTannehill and Haskins as your tandem...

If Ran does this, he's lost all goodwill he gained after cutting all the losers his first week

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones going "get something while we can", do you remember who we got for McNair or Eddie? No

Who did the Pats get for Brady? A bunch of losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back