Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever someone is willing to give up for Henry plus a 6m savings won't replace Henry.

I get trading superstar players to save cap and get high draft picks. I get trading underperforming players for what ever you can get... But Henry is still very productive, yet his value won't be all that much being an older RB... So basically it's just dumping a productive player for a draft pick that will likely never see the field and def won't replace Henry.

Not if they draft a young new QB and add talent it won’t. NFL Stadiums print money. The Titans will be fine. Another rebuild is what should be done. Continuing to put a mediocre product out there just winning some games won’t cut it. This team won’t finish dead last ever under Vrabel. But a rebuild is the right thing to do.
Really? I know you're getting long in the tooth like me. Remember Vince Young? Locker? Mariota? Getting a young QB without talent around him doesn't equate winning even if the Titans are lucky enough to hit on a decent QB to begin with.

Fool me four times, shame on me. Old time PSL holders done been there and done that.

If you believe the team needs to do a total rebuild, I can see where you're coming from. But, so far, Ran seems to think it's more of a reload than a total rebuild. I'm in the same boat.

It's not like we're going to see some crazy Ricky Williams deal here anyway.

1. Henry is done (or near it). Yet another NFL team is going to give up some solid picks for him. Or,

2. Henry is still a top 5 RB in the NFL. If the Titans feel they are a few holes away from getting back, why trade him and go into full-blown rebuild?

And I agree, trading Byard would be stupid. As I think it is trading Henry.

1. I think it's clear the Titans FO doea not feel we are few holes away from getting back. Our OL is currently in shambles, we have an aging mediocre QB, our WR core is bad, and we don't have much money to make upgrades.

2. We traded away a 2nd rounder for Julio when it was clear he was in decline. BDH just finished 2nd in rushing. I don't think it's bizarre to assume some team with SB dreams feels the same way we did about Julio.

3. If Byard can bring back a 3rd rounder or better, I think you absolutely consider it. I just don't think anyone is giving that up for him and his contract.

Except that Henry leads CMC in all purpose yards… and isn’t as injury prone.
henry had 1538 rushing and 398 receiving (1936 total)
cmc had 1139 rushing and 741 receiving (1880 total)

50 yards difference, one is 2 years younger and is miles ahead in receiving

cmc is worth more

Really? I know you're getting long in the tooth like me. Remember Vince Young? Locker? Mariota? Getting a young QB without talent around him doesn't equate winning even if the Titans are lucky enough to hit on a decent QB to begin with.

Fool me four times, shame on me. Old time PSL holders done been there and done that.

If you believe the team needs to do a total rebuild, I can see where you're coming from. But, so far, Ran seems to think it's more of a reload than a total rebuild. I'm in the same boat.

Lucky Webster, Reinfeldt, and Reese aren't making those picks anymore.

2. Henry is still a top 5 RB in the NFL. If the Titans feel they are a few holes away from getting back, why trade him and go into full-blown rebuild?
I don't think they believe we are just a few holes away. This team has a lot of holes and not a lot of cap or picks to fill them.

1. I think it's clear the Titans FO doea not feel we are few holes away from getting back.
Let's focus on this since it's really the key here.

What have we seen so far to indicate the front office wants a total rebuild?

Sure, there are some serious holes but the guy who previously tried to fill those holes is no longer around. If Ran is worth having, don't you give him the opportunity to reload before blowing it all up?

Or do you feel Henry isn't enough of a difference-maker to get the Titans to the next level?

Where were all the injuries during the Buffalo game? Relevant teams don't get embarrassed like that, period. You're delusional if you're expecting some sort of massive playoff push in 2023. The division is going to be crap once again in 2023, but there is more to it than winning a crap division.....it's about advancing in the playoffs. 2024 the Titans will have massive cap space to fill out the roster, they don't have that luxury in 2023 despite jettisoning numerous starters.
Relevant teams do get blown out from time to time. Both NE and KC not that long ago we’re recipients of a beat down early in a season and the media hype train pulled up with the “are they done” crap just for the team to still finish winning 12/13 games on the year and either winning the SB or competing in the post season.
It does happen and more so early in the year after not playing starters at all during the preseason.

Let's focus on this since it's really the key here.

What have we seen so far to indicate the front office wants a total rebuild?

Sure, there are some serious holes but the guy who previously tried to fill those holes is no longer around. If Ran is worth having, don't you give him the opportunity to reload before blowing it all up?

Or do you feel Henry isn't enough of a difference-maker to get the Titans to the next level?

For one, there is plenty of talk about us moving up in the draft. We're reportedly discussing BDH in trades now. We're meeting with QBs. What other signs would you like?

Not if they draft a young new QB and add talent it won’t. NFL Stadiums print money. The Titans will be fine. Another rebuild is what should be done. Continuing to put a mediocre product out there just winning some games won’t cut it. This team won’t finish dead last ever under Vrabel. But a rebuild is the right thing to do.
Catalyst, said QB MUST show massive talent, likely in the W column, for there to be any excitement.

and if he doesn’t, then fans start turning on the QB/team while they ride out said crap QB right through the new stadium unveiling.

honestly quite a gamble considering how often QB “hits” are from the draft.

henry had 1538 rushing and 398 receiving (1936 total)
cmc had 1139 rushing and 741 receiving (1880 total)

50 yards difference, one is 2 years younger and is miles ahead in receiving

cmc is worth more
I think it’s certainly debatable.
2 very good players (when healthy) that bring different elements to the game.

let’s say we’re playing a team like KC and the best Defense you can have is keeping Mahomes off the field. I’d feel a lot better about my running game with Henry than CMC.

If you sell out for CJ Stroud. Dump older expensive veterans and in 2024 the Titans have the most cap space in NFL history then you can build a SB team around a young QB.

Catalyst, said QB MUST show massive talent, likely in the W column, for there to be any excitement.

and if he doesn’t, then fans start turning on the QB/team while they ride out said crap QB right through the new stadium unveiling.

honestly quite a gamble considering how often QB “hits” are from the draft.

So what’s the answer? Tannehill? Willis? Who then. We need a QB. You sound scared to draft one. The top guys who are proven aren’t going to be available. We need a young QB on a rookie deal. Period.

If you sell out for CJ Stroud. Dump older expensive veterans and in 2024 the Titans have the most cap space in NFL history then you can build a SB team around a young QB.
For an unproven QB no different than any of the ones TJ mentioned. If you want to model your team after the Browns and rotate QBs once a year or more, great plan!

I don’t care about stats. I watched Derrick Henry run. He goes down instantly on contact where he used to run over multiple people. He is not even close to the same player and a player as big as he is, will decline quickly once it begins and it has begun.
I agree with this statement RB position has the shortest shelf life Steelers bailed on Leveon Bell at the perfect time. And if this new GM is shopping Henry I like him already paying for a declining player or paying him on past performance have given the titans zero return on investment. Henry is slow to hit the whole and his ability to break tackles isn't the same and now he has fumble issues that cost the Titans 2 games easy

For an unproven QB no different than any of the ones TJ mentioned. If you want to model your team after the Browns and rotate QBs once a year or more, great plan!

What about the Chiefs or Bills or Bengals? Why did you go Browns?

Intentionally ignoring the successes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back