Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry is currently 5th in rushing and the guys ahead of him haven’t had the bye yet :)
Top 10:
CMC - 652
Zach Moss (seriously) - 589
Etienne - 583
Swift - 571
BDH - 526
Mostert- 520
Kenny Walker - 516
James cook - 486
BJ Robinson - 466
Achane - 460

Pacheco - 459
Kyran Williams - 456
Mixon - 453

gave a couple bonus for how close to
Top 10 they are.

what sucks is Henry only has 3 rushing TDs.
At least while THill wasn’t throwing any, Henry should have been able to snag a couple more.

no other team gonna run the O thru DH22... especially the way the Titans do

plus young QB going forward means more running - typically

I think DH22 will get a respectable third contract but it wont be on par with second one

no other team gonna run the O thru DH22... especially the way the Titans do

plus young QB going forward means more running - typically

I think DH22 will get a respectable third contract but it wont be on par with second one
it seemed like this last offseason when all the other RBs were whining about $$, Henry acknowledged the struggle so it's not like he's going to be surprised by a low offer like the others were

it seemed like this last offseason when all the other RBs were whining about $$, Henry acknowledged the struggle so it's not like he's going to be surprised by a low offer like the others were
Plus like 32 yo. While not dead, even he will start to recognize that a full contract of top notch ball is not as likely.
Hope he keeps the demands reasonable and more importantly, affordable.

Plus like 32 yo. While not dead, even he will start to recognize that a full contract of top notch ball is not as likely.
Hope he keeps the demands reasonable and more importantly, affordable.

And Spears gonna beast. Will be hard to keep him off the field next year. Henry will be red zone threat.

Henry will be 30 in Jan. 2 year deal maybe with a 1 year option ?
Looks like his contract was very front loaded and he’s very affordable for a couple more years without any kind of renegotiation.

Derrick Henry

I don’t see any rush to get another contract until after next year unless he pushes the issue (kind of goes against what I was suggesting originally) but I think there’s even room to give him a little increase and keep him passed 2025 (32 yo). Even with a decline in play, he could still be a good split time back, outside injury, for what should be another 3+ years.

Looks like his contract was very front loaded and he’s very affordable for a couple more years without any kind of renegotiation.

Derrick Henry

I don’t see any rush to get another contract until after next year unless he pushes the issue (kind of goes against what I was suggesting originally) but I think there’s even room to give him a little increase and keep him passed 2025 (32 yo). Even with a decline in play, he could still be a good split time back, outside injury, for what should be another 3+ years.

Year 24 and 25 are void years. He isn’t signed past this season.

Henry is currently #2 in rushing and has done it in one less game than everyone else in the top 5. None of the others have had their bye weeks yet.

View attachment 21225
He was running HARD last night, if Vrabel and his butt licking buddy Kelly would have given him a few more runs in critical situations, we probably would have won. Instead, once again, during the most important plays of the game, Henry was standing on the sideline watching us lose... again.

Vrabel sucks, sorry guys, I am done with Vrabel and his butt licker first mentality.

Just because it’s never talked about… Henry has 18 receptions for 165 yards thus far this season. Those are decent numbers for a running back. Now, take into consideration the fact that no one thinks he is a receiving threat and he is never in the game on 3rd and 3+. Those numbers look better. He is, also 4th on the team in receptions and first (by a wide margin) in target completion percentage. The perception of Henry is not the reality, even by the coaching staff.

Just because it’s never talked about… Henry has 18 receptions for 165 yards thus far this season. Those are decent numbers for a running back. Now, take into consideration the fact that no one thinks he is a receiving threat and he is never in the game on 3rd and 3+. Those numbers look better. He is, also 4th on the team in receptions and first (by a wide margin) in target completion percentage. The perception of Henry is not the reality, even by the coaching staff.
100%. It aggravates me when people say he shouldnt be in on passing plays. Hell, he is one of our better "receivers". Also people need to consider as a check down, he is often the target of a quick throw out of a sack where the ball hits the ground at his feet or sails over his head out of bounds. When you look at his targets and catches, it is skewed.

Henry is always a threat to take it to the house from any where on the field... but he can't take it to the house from the sideline. He certainly needs to get a rest some times during the game and it is good to mix things up for the defense, but Henry is still a threat

100%. It aggravates me when people say he shouldnt be in on passing plays. Hell, he is one of our better "receivers". Also people need to consider as a check down, he is often the target of a quick throw out of a sack where the ball hits the ground at his feet or sails over his head out of bounds. When you look at his targets and catches, it is skewed.
Actually, he has the best catches/targets rate on the team. 21 targets, 18 receptions.

Actually, he has the best catches/targets rate on the team. 21 targets, 18 receptions.
As I was typing that I was thinking that his target/rec ratio was really good, but I am including his past seasons as well (which are still better than most people realize).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back