Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
then what do you think is going to change from the last 2 years vs next year and beyond?
This pretty much proves he won't change...

"We're going to continue to find ways to help our players, and demand they play with great effort, and improve our details, improve our fundamentals, because I know what works."

then what do you think is going to change from the last 2 years vs next year and beyond?
Nothing. I think Vrabel is a poor HC who, under the right circumstances, can be a good rah rah head coach. I dont think he can deal with struggle very well and I certainly do not believe he can rebuild and develop a team... But, so many "experts" think Vrabel is one of the top coaches, so give him another season to show he is not the man for a rebuild and shift the power to Ran.

Nothing. I think Vrabel is a poor HC who, under the right circumstances, can be a good rah rah head coach. I dont think he can deal with struggle very well and I certainly do not believe he can rebuild and develop a team... But, so many "experts" think Vrabel is one of the top coaches, so give him another season to show he is not the man for a rebuild and shift the power to Ran.
my mind is spinning lol

But 20 said he should not be fired

Like wut
Talking with a bunch of titans fans on FB, I’d say it’s about 50/50 there too.

most of the defenders are all in on JRob being the problem and some mention the magic “young QB” that Vrabel hasn’t really had. (Levis doesn’t count, 2nd round pick not GOAT reasoning I guess)
Hate that excuse myself like a young QB (which already has a pretty high failure rate) is also the make or break for a HC.

This pretty much proves he won't change...

"We're going to continue to find ways to help our players, and demand they play with great effort, and improve our details, improve our fundamentals, because I know what works."
How them demands going so far?

Plus, since when does he know what works?

Talking with a bunch of titans fans on FB, I’d say it’s about 50/50 there too.

most of the defenders are all in on JRob being the problem and some mention the magic “young QB” that Vrabel hasn’t really had. (Levis doesn’t count, 2nd round pick not GOAT reasoning I guess)
Hate that excuse myself like a young QB (which already has a pretty high failure rate) is also the make or break for a HC.
Players make a head coach more than a head coach makes a player.

How well has Belicheck done since Brady left?
Billicheck, the GOAT coach has a record of 81-94 with 2 playoff appearances in his career without Tom Brady as his QB.

We know what his teams did WITH Tom Brady.

Point is, no coach consistently impacts the football game enough to make up for lack of talent. A coach can "coach" his heart out...but on Sundays, the players on the field decide the final outcome to a large degree. There are MANY variables during a football game that can decide the final score... The head coach's main role during a game is making good decisions on clock management, when to go for it, when to kick FGs etc. (Which Vrabel has been back and forth from ballsy to a puss when it comes to those things)

In conclusion, the Titans will suck until there's more talent on the roster. They can change coaches 20 times but as long as they're trotting out bums like the OLinemen they have now, not much will change.

This roster is a mess. Vrabel has shown that he can coach when he has the players. I mean, he went 12-5 and had us at the number one seed with a historical amount of injuries just two years ago. And started 7-3 last year before the wheels fell off.

If Ran can reload the roster, AND if Levis can be the guy, then I think Vrabel can get the wins.

My biggest gripe with him though is his inability to hire good coordinators and position coaches. And then sticking with them way too long when they suck. Thats the real problem with Vrabel. I do think Amy or Ran or someone needs to give him some ultimatums in that regard. Like they did with Malarky. And if he refuses, then I would probably say it’s time to move on.

Players make a head coach more than a head coach makes a player.

How well has Belicheck done since Brady left?
Billicheck, the GOAT coach has a record of 81-94 with 2 playoff appearances in his career without Tom Brady as his QB.

We know what his teams did WITH Tom Brady.

Point is, no coach consistently impacts the football game enough to make up for lack of talent. A coach can "coach" his heart out...but on Sundays, the players on the field decide the final outcome to a large degree. There are MANY variables during a football game that can decide the final score... The head coach's main role during a game is making good decisions on clock management, when to go for it, when to kick FGs etc. (Which Vrabel has been back and forth from ballsy to a puss when it comes to those things)

In conclusion, the Titans will suck until there's more talent on the roster. They can change coaches 20 times but as long as they're trotting out bums like the OLinemen they have now, not much will change.
Cheers but there are pieces I disagree with.
You’re right about the players making the HC more than vice versa BUT a HC implements game plans and strategies. They also make in game decisions and adjustments.

I point those out for the example of it not being coincidence that Vrabel’s secondary is always out of position and his pass defense is always bottom 10. That trend carried over from his DC position in Houston. This is an example of coaches hurting any quality players he might have.

his in game adjustments and decisions ultimately don’t necessarily reflect on the players themselves and abilities but do effect W/L and he is very rapidly catching his Ls up to Ws and the roster isn’t the entire story.

Cheers but there are pieces I disagree with.
You’re right about the players making the HC more than vice versa BUT a HC implements game plans and strategies. They also make in game decisions and adjustments.

I point those out for the example of it not being coincidence that Vrabel’s secondary is always out of position and his pass defense is always bottom 10. That trend carried over from his DC position in Houston. This is an example of coaches hurting any quality players he might have.

his in game adjustments and decisions ultimately don’t necessarily reflect on the players themselves and abilities but do effect W/L and he is very rapidly catching his Ls up to Ws and the roster isn’t the entire story.
I agree...def not the entire story. Like I said, many variables to a football game. But Vrabels plans might work if the players were worth a damn. He's not telling the OLine to never block anyone or fall on the ground when touched. Titans secondary has been awful for as long as I can remember...through like 5 different coaches now. So that one's just a mystery.

No coach wins with this OL. None- not one coach on earth. Nothing but moral victories to not get your QB injured. That's what we're dealing with thanks to the ex-GM.

How about if Vrabel isn't gone he is at least forced by Ran to cleanse the coaching staff of the toothpaste college guy so there will be someone capable of developing the cornerstone left tackle the Titans will inevitably select in the Top 10. There will be a lot of elite tackles available this year. Kingsley Suamataia, Joe Alt or Fashanu should be there for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back