Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why he needs to be given some sort of Malarky ultimatum. Clean house on his staff, or they all can start packing their boxes.
I don’t think new head coaches should pick their buddies or yes men. I would like to see a collaboration between owner, general manager and head coach

I don’t think new head coaches should pick their buddies or yes men. I would like to see a collaboration between owner, general manager and head coach
It’s a fine line. A HC definitely should becable to hire his own staff as chemistry is also important. But of course ownership shouldn’t let them just hire friends and family or otherwise unqualified people.
Sadly it’s an NFL thing. Getting a job in the NFL is about who you know, not what you know. It’s also quite common for HCs to hire their family members to lower level positions.

Yeah. I remember Jeff Fisher saying he wanted to hire his son and the answer was no, so he decided to move on
I don’t believe it was that simple then either.

Please care to indulge us then, why our coordinators and position coaches are crap, yet they continue to be employed? If Vrabel is such a good coach and all he needs is talent....why the hiring of inbociles?
Let me help you...Vrabel likes yes men

You have zero proof they are yes men. We have proof they aren’t very good. We can judge Vrabel for that, but to say they were pnly hired because they are yes men is silly.

You have zero proof they are yes men. We have proof they aren’t very good. We can judge Vrabel for that, but to say they were pnly hired because they are yes men is silly.
I have as much proof they are as you do they aren't...but considering they're mostly Vrabel's buddies and aren't very good and refusing to change leads many of us to believe they are

I know I cant be the only one hearing the "experts" saying more and more often that Vrabel is the kind of HC you want for a good team that is ready to take a step up, but he is NOT the HC you want for a rebuild.

NE is in the midst of a rebuild, I dont see how Vrabel would help them either.

I know many of you have seen various "Hard Knocks" enough to see the roles of position coaches vs. coodinators vs HC.

Consistent bad technique, penalties, miscommunications, etc. fall on position coaches. I know coordinators and the HC weigh in on it but the guy with day-to-day film study, watching drills and teaching technique is the position coach.

Hiring Colgate makes Vrabel look as bad as JRob drafting a bad first round pick. He has to be held accountable for stupid hires.

I know many of you have seen various "Hard Knocks" enough to see the roles of position coaches vs. coodinators vs HC.

Consistent bad technique, penalties, miscommunications, etc. fall on position coaches. I know coordinators and the HC weigh in on it but the guy with day-to-day film study, watching drills and teaching technique is the position coach.

Hiring Colgate makes Vrabel look as bad as JRob drafting a bad first round pick. He has to be held accountable for stupid hires.
View attachment 21279

Fire Vrabel. Barely beat the worst team in the NFL who fielded a JV team because of numerous injuries.

How anyone supports this LB's coach is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back