Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many of you have seen various "Hard Knocks" enough to see the roles of position coaches vs. coodinators vs HC.

Consistent bad technique, penalties, miscommunications, etc. fall on position coaches. I know coordinators and the HC weigh in on it but the guy with day-to-day film study, watching drills and teaching technique is the position coach.

Hiring Colgate makes Vrabel look as bad as JRob drafting a bad first round pick. He has to be held accountable for stupid hires.
Agree. The accountability HC’s have for position and OC/DC and the PERFORMANCE of units is occurring league wide. But I’d like to see some bona fide talent underperforming first. The Colgate coach didn’t draft Isiah Wilson or fail to replace Conklin, Jones, and Lewan.

But he's dealing with a roster with no talent thanks to JRob even though we are 4-14 after JRob
His, and his coordinators' job is to use our roster properly

If you have good TEs, use them accordingly.. good RBs.. same

Instead, he lets players like Dillard suck and suck and suck and makes no adjustments

He also lets his OC call the same failed plays over and over

Quit scapegoating.. JRob gave shit roster and that's why he was fired, Vrabel has his head up his ass and should be fired as well

Let’s get something straight. JRob F’ed the OL personnel for the last 3 years. You CAN’T fix it in one year. And it’s Ran’s job to fix NOT Vrabels.

His, and his coordinators' job is to use our roster properly

If you have good TEs, use them accordingly.. good RBs.. same

Instead, he lets players like Dillard suck and suck and suck and makes no adjustments

He also lets his OC call the same failed plays over and over

Quit scapegoating.. JRob gave **** roster and that's why he was fired, Vrabel has his head up his ass and should be fired as well
I agree with you, I should have added the sarcasm thingy...I wouldn't be upset to see Vrabel go

Agree. The accountability HC’s have for position and OC/DC and the PERFORMANCE of units is occurring league wide. But I’d like to see some bona fide talent underperforming first. The Colgate coach didn’t draft Isiah Wilson or fail to replace Conklin, Jones, and Lewan.
We should see improvement even from subpar talent. That’s what good coaching does.

But I will say I thought the OL played better today. Let’s see if it continues.

My biggest problem is continuing to trot out failure knowing it. LT should of had a carousel of players rotating through. Seems that obvious problems go and go and go. I get that there are no good answers, but damn that position has been chit. Frustrating to watch.

What do we make of this? Is there a power struggle within the organization.
Is Mike Vrabel trying to force his way out in Tennessee
pexels-photo-3171837.jpeg

First we hear about Vrabel and JRob now Vrabel and Ran? Common denominator here my friends...Nashville isn't big enough for a GM and a HC with a huge ego.

Trade him to NE...hire Ben Johnson and let's see what an offense should look like

First we hear about Vrabel and JRob now Vrabel and Ran? Common denominator here my friends...Nashville isn't big enough for a GM and a HC with a huge ego.

Trade him to NE...hire Ben Johnson and let's see what an offense should look like
Right but some folks assured me that's vrabel didn't call all the shots for this team. Well if the article is true it looks like he did and this team you see on Sundays are of his making, outside of AJ.

Right but some folks assured me that's vrabel didn't call all the shots for this team. Well if the article is true it looks like he did and this team you see on Sundays are of his making, outside of AJ.
Thought exactly the same thing reading the article. Seems like ol' Vrabel has had his fingers in a lot of pies.
images

Wow, there is no way that can be true because there is no way Ran would belittle himself to the point that he was nothing more than a token affirmative action hire who has no say in anything and just taking a pay check. I call BS.
Certainly hope not in regards to the hiring of Ran, if it was a affirmative type of hire and Ran wasn't qualified for the position and Vrabel possibly wanting out, things could be getting ugly for the franchise in the futire. Also if this is the case it would be time for Amy to sell the team for sure.

Wow, there is no way that can be true because there is no way Ran would belittle himself to the point that he was nothing more than a token affirmative action hire who has no say in anything and just taking a pay check. I call BS.
I would agree that as a GM, no GM is just letting the coach do his job.

to your first point though, I don’t believe many AA hires think they’re hired for that reason.
if Ran happens to be generally a passive guy (have no reason to think for or against yet) then he could have been hired because of the ability to kind of railroad his decisions AND still meet the AA check in the block.

Wow. An article written using an op/ed piece written by a Boston sports journalist who is speculating on reasons the Patriots would hire Vrabel as the only source of information. Sounds reliable.
You have to admit it’s fun though. Nothing else interesting happening on Tits stage. I was a huge supporter of Vrabel, especially with all the injuries couple years ago. My posts prove it, but he’s lost the luster of precious metal and is looking more like fools gold. Started with not playing Henry a few snaps prior to PO game, and leaving him in when Foreman obviously more effective. Then signing off on a delay handoff needing one yd to seal it. Smelled of rotten panties then, and still does now. Pretty much just grown tired of it all honestly. I ain’t in his camp moving forward at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back