Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how you feel about him, losing Lewan also hurt. We lost Lewan, Saffold, and Ben Jones. That has a drastic effect on the overall offensive success/failure. Add to that, we had no one to replace their production because of bad draft picks. We added Ski this year, but he’s a rookie. We have (maybe) one dude on the line. We need three dudes and 2 guys who will work.

Regardless of how you feel about him, losing Lewan also hurt. We lost Lewan, Saffold, and Ben Jones. That has a drastic effect on the overall offensive success/failure. Add to that, we had no one to replace their production because of bad draft picks. We added Ski this year, but he’s a rookie. We have (maybe) one dude on the line. We need three dudes and 2 guys who will work.
I disagree on Lewan, maybe in 2018 or 19, but he was done by 20. Zero effect on 21 on outside maybe false confidence that he might play but he wasn’t good when he did anyway.
Maybe Queesenberry was actually the big loss from 21.

In 21’ Saffold played 72%, Davis 80%, and brewer was 43%.
Jones and Quesenberry were 99%.

this also would mean that not just the high profile picks of Panda and Radunz stink but literally every OL taken by JRob (and Vrabel) has been an uncoachable bust.
Don’t buy that part, something is wrong with the coaching.

Chit buddy you right, we need LT, RT, C, TE… holy hell

The issue to me is we are seeing what has always been. Vrabel has to rely on an OC to get the most of his offense, as that isn't his forte. As we are seeing, if he doesn't have the right playmakers his style of football can't get it done. The same applies to Bellichick. As long as he had TB12 on offense he was always in the hunt. The same goes for the Titans with A.J., AS LONG AS THEY COULD MUSTER TOGETHER AN O-LINE that can protect the QB. Remove A.J. and field a suspect O line and our offense has looked rough. Our secondary has held together with stitches waiting on our draft capital to develop. So far that prospect is iffy at best.
Where I fault Vrabel is his approach to his assistants is the same as his approach to players- next man up. That only works if the players and coaches you have are talented enough to compete. As we've seen over the last two seasons it hasn't worked. What is the common denominator? No real replacement for A.J. (though Hop is still great), and a weak-ass o-line that won't let plays develop. I think his ego needs to be the center, yet he will never be Andy Reid, as he is a defensive player at heart.
I think is fair to say he can win IF he has the level of players he needs with more depth on both sides of the ball (I.e., PLAYMAKERS); IF the Titans can cure the injury woes; IF they develop an offensive scheme to really develop Levis without ruining him as Wissenhunt ruined Marcus; IF they can field a secondary that allows our defensive line time to reach the QB. Anything less will be another wasted campaign.

The issue to me is we are seeing what has always been. Vrabel has to rely on an OC to get the most of his offense, as that isn't his forte. As we are seeing, if he doesn't have the right playmakers his style of football can't get it done. The same applies to Bellichick. As long as he had TB12 on offense he was always in the hunt. The same goes for the Titans with A.J., AS LONG AS THEY COULD MUSTER TOGETHER AN O-LINE that can protect the QB. Remove A.J. and field a suspect O line and our offense has looked rough. Our secondary has held together with stitches waiting on our draft capital to develop. So far that prospect is iffy at best.
Where I fault Vrabel is his approach to his assistants is the same as his approach to players- next man up. That only works if the players and coaches you have are talented enough to compete. As we've seen over the last two seasons it hasn't worked. What is the common denominator? No real replacement for A.J. (though Hop is still great), and a weak-ass o-line that won't let plays develop. I think his ego needs to be the center, yet he will never be Andy Reid, as he is a defensive player at heart.
I think is fair to say he can win IF he has the level of players he needs with more depth on both sides of the ball (I.e., PLAYMAKERS); IF the Titans can cure the injury woes; IF they develop an offensive scheme to really develop Levis without ruining him as Wissenhunt ruined Marcus; IF they can field a secondary that allows our defensive line time to reach the QB. Anything less will be another wasted campaign.
A lot of words
I have no idea what Vrabel’s style is
Titan ball has been the same since fishface

What an overblown suggestion of what AJ Brown did for the Titans.

you made the comparison that NE was always in the hunt because of TB12, only possibly the greatest QB of all time (actual GOAT) to AJ Brown, a really good but underutilized WR.
With the comparison, you’re suggesting if AJ Brown was on the team, titans always are in the hunt for the playoffs.
Brown isnt taking Willis or Dobbs to the post season. And let’s also not forget he joined a playoff team. It’s not like the titans were dead in the water then Brown came along and BAM! Playoffs.

whatever you said about Vrabel and coaching style or philosophy or whatever, I agree.

Antonio Andrews, oh wait, he wasn’t drafted BUT the man, the Bishop, the Sankey legs were definitely drafted.
You draft a guy like that, you find ways to get the ball to…………dexter Mccluster.

I'm disappointed they didn't try Andrews at FB.

Remember when he put Jordan Poyer into intensive care with a block.

I think, for most franchises, this game would result in the termination of the head coach. Horrible in game decisions the whole game. But, we have zero competent replacements for Vrabel. So, I bet he makes it to the end of the season.

I think, for most franchises, this game would result in the termination of the head coach. Horrible in game decisions the whole game. But, we have zero competent replacements for Vrabel. So, I bet he makes it to the end of the season.
honestly... just pull McGinnis from the booth for rest of year... what does it matter

And beyond. So done with him, but acknowledge he will be our HC for the foreseeable future.

“Reports” (whatever that means anymore) are that AAS already says she loves that Vrabel D and he’s sticking around.

*the D does not stand for defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back