Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an overblown suggestion of what AJ Brown did for the Titans.

you made the comparison that NE was always in the hunt because of TB12, only possibly the greatest QB of all time (actual GOAT) to AJ Brown, a really good but underutilized WR.
With the comparison, you’re suggesting if AJ Brown was on the team, titans always are in the hunt for the playoffs.
Brown isnt taking Willis or Dobbs to the post season. And let’s also not forget he joined a playoff team. It’s not like the titans were dead in the water then Brown came along and BAM! Playoffs.

whatever you said about Vrabel and coaching style or philosophy or whatever, I agree.

I never said A.J. was Brady- I said he helped make the offense much better (as did the other draft picks JR let walk in order to overpay Tannehill.

Let's face it, though. He was the one stud wide receiver the Titans have drafted in like 20 years. A true talent that made Tannehill look like an offensive playmaker (especially with Arthur Smith at the helm).

He made the Titans better. Without him and decent protection Tannehill returned to playing pretty pedestrian football (the injuries haven't helped).

This team has to find a better way of maintaining their talent at all positions. They need to get smarter with the cap, and they need to become more creative in how they use that talent, otherwise they'll continue to get our hopes up just to make us feel like we're wasting our time rooting for them.

I never said A.J. was Brady- I said he helped make the offense much better (as did the other draft picks JR let walk in order to overpay Tannehill.

Let's face it, though. He was the one stud wide receiver the Titans have drafted in like 20 years. A true talent that made Tannehill look like an offensive playmaker (especially with Arthur Smith at the helm).

He made the Titans better. Without him and decent protection Tannehill returned to playing pretty pedestrian football (the injuries haven't helped).

This team has to find a better way of maintaining their talent at all positions. They need to get smarter with the cap, and they need to become more creative in how they use that talent, otherwise they'll continue to get our hopes up just to make us feel like we're wasting our time rooting for them.
this quote was very misleading then if you weren’t making the comparison to TB12.
As long as he had TB12 on offense he was always in the hunt. The same goes for the Titans with A.J., AS LONG AS THEY COULD MUSTER TOGETHER AN O-LINE that can protect the QB.
In general, got it, Brown was a better WR than anything else the titans have drafted probably ever at WR.
The issue with his value was lack of use in TN and his lack of want to be in TN.
His general production in TN has been comparably replaced by DHOP this season.

I disagree THill “returned” to anything. He put up pretty solid numbers in Miami but as a team they weren’t good. He came to TN and not only had career years, but he had top 5 QB years which is what got him the contract. His contract was similar to a lot of JRob contracts where the back end was loaded but they were short contracts to dump if necessary. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the strategy, it was just common for JRob.
When the OL started playing garbage like, THill got his a$$ handed to him, his play rapidly declined. I’m once that happened, having AJ Brown would have made no difference.

for the general take, I’m mostly in agreement. Brown was really good even if underutilized to his capabilities (also on brown missing games and in-game time).
They do need to be better with the cap, coincidently, only took 1 season to recover from JRob by the amount available in 24’, they need to use the talent, I.e. Henry, give him carries but also, last year as Chig look like he could be a breakout star, he wasn’t really used. Maybe they saw the drops coming but I’m not giving them that credit.
And last, such is the life of an Oilers/Titans fan. They have for decades found ways to get the fans hopes up just to lay a rotten egg.

So Tannehill went from throwing the ball to positions all over the field, DEAD ON TARGET in positions where the receiver was almost guaranteed YAC to inaccurate, slow, and PTSDs because 1 receiver left?

Nah.

hard to argue that is how it turned out

tougher to make that argument at the time although props to T17 agent making his ass uncutable

this quote was very misleading then if you weren’t making the comparison to TB12.

In general, got it, Brown was a better WR than anything else the titans have drafted probably ever at WR.
The issue with his value was lack of use in TN and his lack of want to be in TN.
His general production in TN has been comparably replaced by DHOP this season.

I disagree THill “returned” to anything. He put up pretty solid numbers in Miami but as a team they weren’t good. He came to TN and not only had career years, but he had top 5 QB years which is what got him the contract. His contract was similar to a lot of JRob contracts where the back end was loaded but they were short contracts to dump if necessary. I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the strategy, it was just common for JRob.
When the OL started playing garbage like, THill got his a$$ handed to him, his play rapidly declined. I’m once that happened, having AJ Brown would have made no difference.

for the general take, I’m mostly in agreement. Brown was really good even if underutilized to his capabilities (also on brown missing games and in-game time).
They do need to be better with the cap, coincidently, only took 1 season to recover from JRob by the amount available in 24’, they need to use the talent, I.e. Henry, give him carries but also, last year as Chig look like he could be a breakout star, he wasn’t really used. Maybe they saw the drops coming but I’m not giving them that credit.
And last, such is the life of an Oilers/Titans fan. They have for decades found ways to get the fans hopes up just to lay a rotten egg.
That misconception continues to be promoted here. Brown only wanted to be paid at market value for his talent. He stated he WANTED to be here but it's business. Titans just mismanaged their business. Brown has proven he'd have been worth it. I don't get the disdain for Brown. He made the move any of us would have made.

We compounded this cluster-F by drafting "Jack-Chit" Burks instead of addressing the O-line. Bad management all around.

That misconception continues to be promoted here. Brown only wanted to be paid at market value for his talent. He stated he WANTED to be here but it's business. Titans just mismanaged their business. Brown has proven he'd have been worth it. I don't get the disdain for Brown. He made the move any of us would have made.

We compounded this cluster-F by drafting "Jack-Chit" Burks instead of addressing the O-line. Bad management all around.
He wasn’t worth $25 mil/ year to TN.
And yes, the compound terrible pick was awful.

Because our offense is killing it without him. Remember when we #1 red zone offense and top 5 scoring?
That was all Brown?

we didn’t have active TE, a QB that was nearly perfect, or a better OL?

Losing brown hurts. Cannot deny that.
He was not what made the offense go.

ah so after reading all this, obviously not paying AJB was actually the right move! so glad this forum could open my eyes.

dont pay good players, because we may need another guard in free agency!

brilliant stuff. truly.

ah so after reading all this, obviously not paying AJB was actually the right move! so glad this forum could open my eyes.

dont pay good players, because we may need another guard in free agency!

brilliant stuff. truly.
Best way to tank to get that GOAT is get rid of weapons right?

no one knows what the **** yall are talking about with this goat nonsense. must be a grandpa inside joke.
It’s the ladies like yourself that think by getting the lower draft pick, you automatically win the Superb owl because GOAT top 5 pick.

the best part of your comment is you know exactly what we’re saying and try to collectively add yourself to a larger group to pretend the majority don’t already know tanking is stupid loser strategy.

It’s the ladies like yourself that think by getting the lower draft pick, you automatically win the Superb owl because GOAT top 5 pick.

the best part of your comment is you know exactly what we’re saying and try to collectively add yourself to a larger group to pretend the majority don’t already know tanking is stupid loser strategy.
no one knows what it means because no one says we'd get a GOAT. it's just made up nonsense.

but hey, at least we got rid of ajb. that's what's best for the team. or something stupid like that.

no one knows what it means because no one says we'd get a GOAT. it's just made up nonsense.

but hey, at least we got rid of ajb. that's what's best for the team. or something stupid like that.
Like the idea of tanking works.
So now maybe you can see the sarcasm of the GOAT idea.

i see how stupid pretending everyone says we'd get a goat is, yeah.
Guess you don’t,
Well, I did my part.

At least Carp tried to give a least of successful tanks to argue his point. I just don’t think he and I see the same definition of tank.

you have never even tried to explain yourself.
But good luck, get your brown bag out and root for just a short 5 more losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back