Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you trade up in the top 10 for a T, then don’t resign him, this is what you get.

When you fail to address OL in 3 consecutive drafts and off seasons, this is what you get.

When you use another 1st round pick on a T that plays 4 total downs for you before getting cut, this is what you get.

When you unsuccessfully “bargain hunt” for OL. depth and starters, this is what you get.

When you waive your starting C without any decent replacement, this is what you get.

When you go with an unproven OL coach, this is what you get.

We suck right now because of the gross incompetence of how our OL has been managed.

Vrabel def responsible for the OL coach. But who better is/was available?

NO coach wins with this OL.
Better OL coach? Hell if I know. Vrabel should though.

At what point do we hold him accountable for the overall product?

Good coaches generally get players to improve. Why keep him if he’s part of the problem?

Better OL coach? Hell if I know. Vrabel should though.

At what point do we hold him accountable for the overall product?

Good coaches generally get players to improve. Why keep him if he’s part of the problem?
He has multiple division championships and a conference appearance. He’s had a really bad OL for the past two years not coincidentally with zero playoffs. You get rid of him you better have the OL fixed before you bring in a new HC.

I’m all for accountability. But no HC wins with this historically bad OL. Even with DH22.

Players that perform well, go to Pro Bowls, achieve good-great stats and help teams win get replaced when their performance declines...why shouldn't a coach?

He has multiple division championships and a conference appearance. He’s had a really bad OL for the past two years not coincidentally with zero playoffs. You get rid of him you better have the OL fixed before you bring in a new HC.

I’m all for accountability. But no HC wins with this historically bad OL. Even with DH22.
agree 100% BUT of all the people left in the building only vrable has had a hand in assembling that OL... I guess Ran takes some blame for left side what with 1st round LG and whiffing on UFA LT

I’m all subjective opinions and this one is almost impossible to prove.

bad OL’s can Win. I’m sure there are some weak OL’s winning now but because they gameplan differently, they can mask some of the gross. Getting rid of the ball quicker is a good start, some other teams also know how to successfully throw a screen from time to time.
I think because TN is so bad at running, getting open quick, throwing screen passes, it exacerbates an already bad OL.
These are coaching weapons

these rankings are from midseason and just 1 opinion, but for example, Jax ranked 20th, rams 30, LV 31, den 22, yet they are highly competitive (maybe not SB teams)
2023 NFL Midseason Offensive Line Rankings

I’m all subjective opinions and this one is almost impossible to prove.

bad OL’s can Win. I’m sure there are some weak OL’s winning now but because they gameplan differently, they can mask some of the gross. Getting rid of the ball quicker is a good start, some other teams also know how to successfully throw a screen from time to time.
I think because TN is so bad at running, getting open quick, throwing screen passes, it exacerbates an already bad OL.
These are coaching weapons

these rankings are from midseason and just 1 opinion, but for example, Jax ranked 20th, rams 30, LV 31, den 22, yet they are highly competitive (maybe not SB teams)
2023 NFL Midseason Offensive Line Rankings
Interesting, i have never been so depressed at watching the deterioration of our line. Been 3 years now, and the identity of this team is power. See no power, and far worse on passing. I dunno- Tits damn sure last from my perspective- think BDH knows it too! Last week was BS for that man!

getting hit while taking handoff is pathetic and zero any HB can do about it
For a man that has truly dedicated himself to be great- (never slipped after big contract), i really feel for him! My favorite player is #27. #22 has earned my love too, even tho i chit on the pick. He’s reached Kern level respect!

He won because he beat up on some horrific AFC South teams a few seasons. Look at his record vs. any winning records those years.

Credit to him for the nice playoff run but he’s done little since.

I see this horrible OL. I see a secondary that can’t cover. I see a LB and DL group who gets gashed weekly now.

Vrabel is but part of many problems but clearly one of them and I don’t know if he’s the man to “fix” anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back