Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think many of the problems on this team could be fixed just by letting guys do what they do well, rather than trying to force a system/identity on players who are mot good in that s/i. Maybe college football's best pass pro left tackle shouldn't be used as a run blocking guard. Maybe we should be finding ways to get Spears the ball in space rather that running him into a brick wall. Maybe Levis should be throwing more to the deep sideline where his arm strength can be better utilized. Maybe DHop shouldn't be used to run block or on short crossing routes so much. If we are missing those, then what other examples are there that are just not as obvious? Is our defense really just suddenly bad because those guys just forgot how to play? Are the players bad, or just not being allowed to play to their strengths?

And why is this mismatch suddenly a problem? It started at the end of JRob's run and has continued with Ran. Do our GMs suddenly not know how to get guys that match our style of play? Or is the coach just resisting a change in identity that is needed?

I really think many of the problems on this team could be fixed just by letting guys do what they do well, rather than trying to force a system/identity on players who are mot good in that s/i. Maybe college football's best pass pro left tackle shouldn't be used as a run blocking guard. Maybe we should be finding ways to get Spears the ball in space rather that running him into a brick wall. Maybe Levis should be throwing more to the deep sideline where his arm strength can be better utilized. Maybe DHop shouldn't be used to run block or on short crossing routes so much. If we are missing those, then what other examples are there that are just not as obvious? Is our defense really just suddenly bad because those guys just forgot how to play? Are the players bad, or just not being allowed to play to their strengths?
Sounds like coaching

So let’s review:

1. Was Vrabel always involved in helping decide who was drafted and free agents signed or is just now part of those duties?

2. If 7-10 followed by a 5-9 season doesn’t make your seat, at least, a bit warm, what will it take?

I hope this is just momma keeping her cards hidden and not this franchise becoming comfortable with mediocrity just because she doesn’t want to shake things up before breaking ground on the new stadium.

I have to say 50/50 on talent and coaching.

So let’s review:

1. Was Vrabel always involved in helping decide who was drafted and free agents signed or is just now part of those duties?

2. If 7-10 followed by a 5-9 season doesn’t make your seat, at least, a bit warm, what will it take?

I hope this is just momma keeping her cards hidden and not this franchise becoming comfortable with mediocrity just because she doesn’t want to shake things up before breaking ground on the new stadium.
That new stadium is definitely in the cards she's holding lol

Pretty sure AAS had already stated something about keeping Vrabel around.

hope he proves everyone wrong without the excuses for why he sucks and should be fired.

When you trade up in the top 10 for a T, then don’t resign him, this is what you get.

When you fail to address OL in 3 consecutive drafts and off seasons, this is what you get.

When you use another 1st round pick on a T that plays 4 total downs for you before getting cut, this is what you get.

When you unsuccessfully “bargain hunt” for OL. depth and starters, this is what you get.

When you waive your starting C without any decent replacement, this is what you get.

When you go with an unproven OL coach, this is what you get.

We suck right now because of the gross incompetence of how our OL has been managed.

When you have conservative OL coaches who suck this is what you get

When you have an insecure head coach who micromanages and won't allow outsiders on his staff this is what you get

When you pretend coaching is irrelevant this is what happens

You get rid of him you better have the OL fixed before you bring in a new HC.

He's part of the problem

You can't fix the OL without a good OL coach which Vrabel is opposed to.

I know you badly want to believe coaches have no impact on performance and that the NFL is just like madden where players automatically play up to their potential.

That though is not the case. Coaches do matter, that's why they're there. If the NFL was like Madden then position coaches wouldn't be needed.

I will 100% agree with you on letter Conklin walk, we've been paying for that mistake ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's part of the problem

I
He's part of the problem

I know you badly want to believe coaches have no impact on performance and
that the NFL is just like madden where players automatically play up to their potential.

That though is not the case. Coaches do matter, that's why they're there. If the NFL was like Madden then position coaches wouldn't be needed.

I will 100% agree with you on letter Conklin walk, we've been paying for that mistake ever since.

Huh? How are you drawing that conclusion? I’ve never suggested anything close to that.

He's part of the problem

I know you badly want to believe coaches have no impact on performance and that the NFL is just like madden where players automatically play up to their potential.

Scheme matters. But talent is a big deal. If you draft trash you get trash. We have been drafting trash. Great coaches can’t, cannot make a really bad player great. You can’t coach heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back