Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought firing gm fixed it

did I miss the fixing?
Look- the effect a new GM has takes a few drafts and off seasons to fix.

We’ve been getting progressively worse on offense because OL management gaffes. Started with Conklin, then scrambling for his replacement. So many failures.

Defenses simply blitz, blitz and blitz. We run because we don’t have any options to protect the QB.

Give it a year - I’m sure we’ll see improvement.

Derrick Henry while great, has held this franchise back. You can’t win with that style offense. I love the guy. But without an elite defense you can’t win. It’s time to move on from the offense going thru Henry. Feed the King was a bad strategy.
You do realize that Henry wasnt the only RB Vrabel has had. When Henry was on the bench, we had the same style of football.

You do realize that Henry wasnt the only RB Vrabel has had. When Henry was on the bench, we had the same style of football.
played the same with BS running

bishopsankey.jpg

Bishop Sankey

Again,,, reading comprehension problem. Henry has received 100 less carries this year from last. Which means the offense ran less through him. I’m not arguing the offensive scheme was good. It wasn’t. But we didn’t run the same offense this season. I think Vrabel is meddling.

Yeah as really he is not allowing Henry to thrive and is stymizing him. Just saying.

I don’t even know what that means. DH was run into the ground until this season. No one since 2018 has touched the ball more than DH.

Unless you mean by not addressing the OLine properly for 3 seasons.

Again,,, reading comprehension problem. Henry has received 100 less carries this year from last. Which means the offense ran less through him. I’m not arguing the offensive scheme was good. It wasn’t. But we didn’t run the same offense this season. I think Vrabel is meddling.
The more interesting stat is whether our RBs have less touches this year. I doubt that. Henrys touches are down because Spears are getting them instead, not because we run significantly less.

The more interesting stat is whether our RBs have less touches this year. I doubt that. Henrys touches are down because Spears are getting them instead, not because we run significantly less.

You can look it up. It’s real easy. But here ya go….

2023 - 397 15 games Henry 249 Spears 91 No other RBs
2022 - 487 Henry 349 (16) Other RBs 66

I doubt we will rush it 90 times in the last 2. So yea, less touches.

2021-551
2020- 521
2019- 445
2018- 454

There you go.

You can look it up. It’s real easy. But here ya go….

2023 - 397 15 games Henry 249 Spears 91 No other RBs
2022 - 487 Henry 349 (16) Other RBs 66

I doubt we will rush it 90 times in the last 2. So yea, less touches.

2021-551
2020- 521
2019- 445
2018- 454

There you go.
So the projection for this year is 450 touches. That’s 2 touches less per game compared to last year. So yeah not a significant change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back