Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again,,, reading comprehension problem. Henry has received 100 less carries this year from last. Which means the offense ran less through him. I’m not arguing the offensive scheme was good. It wasn’t. But we didn’t run the same offense this season. I think Vrabel is meddling.
yes, the entire board knows you have a reading comprehension problem.

You can look it up. It’s real easy. But here ya go….

2023 - 397 15 games Henry 249 Spears 91 No other RBs
2022 - 487 Henry 349 (16) Other RBs 66

I doubt we will rush it 90 times in the last 2. So yea, less touches.

2021-551
2020- 521
2019- 445
2018- 454

There you go.

I don't necessarily disagree with what these numbers may represent, but....
There are at least three variables I can think of that may make this very misleading.
First, what percentage of total plays each of these years were runs. In other words, maybe there are fewer runs because of fewer total plays. But the percentage is high?
Next, the team was winning so there would naturally be more runs to "run" out the game.
Next next, what is the Titans time of possession in each season? Perhaps the current offense simply doesn't run as many plays because the offense isn't on the field?
Again, not saying I disagree, but I need more info in order to have an educated opinion.

441 pass/ 397 run (15 games)
838 plays
ToP avg: 29:07

456 pass/ 486 runs
942 plays
ToP avg: 29:23

535 pass/ 551 run
1086 plays
ToP avg: 32:18

441 pass/ 397 run (15 games)
838 plays
ToP avg: 29:07

456 pass/ 486 runs
942 plays
ToP avg: 29:23

535 pass/ 551 run
1086 plays
ToP avg: 32:18
2023: 47% Run
2022: 52% Run
2021: 51% Run

Last year we had Willis and Dobbs so that contributed to more run plays.
In 2023 I’m willing to bet we’re behind more than we were in both 22 and 21, which is why we’ve been throwing a little more.

But the biggest problem isn’t the percentage of run vs pass but when they’re called.
If someone has the time it would be fun to see run vs pass on first down and especially first down in a series.
Then also look at the run vs pass after an incompletion.
The problem we have is being predictive.

2023: 47% Run
2022: 52% Run
2021: 51% Run

Last year we had Willis and Dobbs so that contributed to more run plays.
In 2023 I’m willing to bet we’re behind more than we were in both 22 and 21, which is why we’ve been throwing a little more.

But the biggest problem isn’t the percentage of run vs pass but when they’re called.
If someone has the time it would be fun to see run vs pass on first down and especially first down in a series.
Then also look at the run vs pass after an incompletion.
The problem we have is being predictive.
2023 - 44 QB runs (scrambles or planned)

2022 - 69 QB runs

2021 - 61 QB runs

I don’t think Dobbs and Willis really increased the QB runs over THill. Well, at least Dobbs. Willis only runs.

I think you’re right when considering scores and likely being down and always behind the chains.

I think the point of where this started was that there has been no real offensive shift over the past couple years despite the OL getting worse.
Lot less plays being run this year overall. Not scoring probably plays it’s part.

The Colts were basically winless on the suck for Luck season and ended up in playoffs the next year.

Yea it was weird, since higher draft position doesn’t work, that they won the division in 2010, lost Manning in 2011 went 2-14 (tanked) then came back with a great young generational talent QB and went back to the playoffs the next season. Then proceeded to make the playoffs the next 4 seasons in a row. Winning the division 3 of those 4.

They were already a good team that took a year off. Like it or not.

But they did beat the Titans in game 14 to snap their 13 game losing streak and basically eliminate the Titans from the playoffs.

Yea it was weird, since higher draft position doesn’t work, that they won the division in 2010, lost Manning in 2011 went 2-14 (tanked) then came back with a great young generational talent QB and went back to the playoffs the next season. Then proceeded to make the playoffs the next 4 seasons in a row. Winning the division 3 of those 4.

They were already a good team that took a year off. Like it or not.

But they did beat the Titans in game 14 to snap their 13 game losing streak and basically eliminate the Titans from the playoffs.
Yep, another classic fail win and in game the Tits never win.

Yep, another classic fail win and in game the Tits never win.

I don’t think it’s happened as much as some of you think and no more than any other NFL team. It happens to every team from time to time in the parity era. Most teams are a win or 2 from the playoffs every year.

I don’t think it’s happened as much as some of you think and no more than any other NFL team. It happens to every team from time to time in the parity era. Most teams are a win or 2 from the playoffs every year.
Last year was win and in. I can’t remember one we won.

Last year was win and in. I can’t remember one we won.
2019 against the Cows week 17 was win and in.
2018 lost to ponies on a win n in
2017 beat the jags on a win n in
2016 lost to jags week 16, could have been in but week 17 became worthless

titans like to bunch seasons like that up and Mr 8-8 himself is what keeps titans in some of those win-in/lose-out games at the end.

2023 - 44 QB runs (scrambles or planned)

2022 - 69 QB runs

2021 - 61 QB runs

I don’t think Dobbs and Willis really increased the QB runs over THill. Well, at least Dobbs. Willis only runs.

I think you’re right when considering scores and likely being down and always behind the chains.

I think the point of where this started was that there has been no real offensive shift over the past couple years despite the OL getting worse.
Lot less plays being run this year overall. Not scoring probably plays it’s part.
I didn’t mean just QB runs but also that we would hand the ball off more because we didn’t trust them to throw it too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back