Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one player who has CLEARLY regressed under the Vrabel admin, Chig O85. Dude looked like a star in the making his rookie season, now it's 50/50 that he catches the ball when it's thrown his way.

Additionally, just for grins, I looked up all draft picks under the JRob(!) and Vrabel admin... I'm hard pressed to find many players who has been made BETTER by being coached by this admin/staff/HC.

Here's the list I'm looking at;
Tennessee Titans All-Time Draft History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The obvious answers are Big Jeff and AJ, but aside from those two, I can't ANY player who this staff has molded from a college draft pick to an NFL super star and/or starter. People like TM who live in constant fear that things someday might possibly be worse than they are today will tell you this is clearly ALL JRob's fault for exclusively sub par talent. But we've all seen that it's possible for some NFL HC's to turn sub par college talent into starters and even stars. Let's take a look by year...

2023 is still a work in progress, but it's at least arguable that Levis has regressed in just 3 starts, given his lack of TD tosses in his 2nd and 3rd starts. But let's move on...

2022: Just Chig really, who like we've mentioned has clearly regressed from his rookie season.

2021: Nope. Nothing.

2020: Fulton was a stud in college before his injury and was decent his rookie season. Is total trash now. Clearly a regression under this HC/admin.

2019: The obvious high bar, Big Jeff and AJ. Include even Hooker, Davis, and Long.

2018: Honor Landry. That's it, Landry.

so even if you DO believe that everything going wrong now is the fault of JRob(!), how can you ignore the complete lack of development by the HC or any of the underling coaches? This staff has ZERO clue how to mold college players into NFL starters, and I believe THAT is the shortcoming that we are seeing coming home to roost now.

Here's one player who has CLEARLY regressed under the Vrabel admin, Chig O85. Dude looked like a star in the making his rookie season, now it's 50/50 that he catches the ball when it's thrown his way.

Additionally, just for grins, I looked up all draft picks under the JRob(!) and Vrabel admin... I'm hard pressed to find many players who has been made BETTER by being coached by this admin/staff/HC.

Here's the list I'm looking at;
Tennessee Titans All-Time Draft History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The obvious answers are Big Jeff and AJ, but aside from those two, I can't ANY player who this staff has molded from a college draft pick to an NFL super star and/or starter. People like TM who live in constant fear that things someday might possibly be worse than they are today will tell you this is clearly ALL JRob's fault for exclusively sub par talent. But we've all seen that it's possible for some NFL HC's to turn sub par college talent into starters and even stars. Let's take a look by year...

2023 is still a work in progress, but it's at least arguable that Levis has regressed in just 3 starts, given his lack of TD tosses in his 2nd and 3rd starts. But let's move on...

2022: Just Chig really, who like we've mentioned has clearly regressed from his rookie season.

2021: Nope. Nothing.

2020: Fulton was a stud in college before his injury and was decent his rookie season. Is total trash now. Clearly a regression under this HC/admin.

2019: The obvious high bar, Big Jeff and AJ. Include even Hooker, Davis, and Long.

2018: Honor Landry. That's it, Landry.

so even if you DO believe that everything going wrong now is the fault of JRob(!), how can you ignore the complete lack of development by the HC or any of the underling coaches? This staff has ZERO clue how to mold college players into NFL starters, and I believe THAT is the shortcoming that we are seeing coming home to roost now.
This matches part of my argument as well.
I’m fine accepting that JRob made bad picks, specifically at the 1st round level but, I have a hard time buying that every pick made was uncoachable to improve at all. Was every pick just an uncoachable mess and that’s what fans put the fault on JRob entirely must be saying.

Vrable has some say on the players drafted and signed. To what extent we will likely never know but we know that authority was expanded mid 2022 (after JRob was fired). We don’t know if any of the expanded authority was relinquished either.

Ok.. you hate NPF. He sucked, I got it. You don’t fire a HC over it.

I don't know if you're trolling or just whacked out of your mind? I'm not insinuating that Vrabel be dismissed solely because NPF is a steaming turd. There are a host of factors. Vrabel is extremely loyal to his cronies and promotes them even if they're undeserving. Shane Bowen for instance, we see how good he is with Schwartz gone. The guy is squandering one of the best defensive lines in the NFL.

Vrabel does have his hands in the cookie jar when it pertains to personnel decisions. The secondary has largely been trash throughout the Vrabel era and the offensive line has steadily regressed to the heaping pile of shit it presently is. Instead of going out and getting a real offensive line coach one of Vrabel's cronies was handed the position. Vrabel squandered a #1 seed back in 2021and a favorable matchup the prior season in 2020. Two consecutive losing seasons is a lock at this point and if Vrabel is around in 2024 count on a third.

I don't know if you're trolling or just whacked out of your mind? I'm not insinuating that Vrabel be dismissed solely because NPF is a steaming turd. There are a host of factors. Vrabel is extremely loyal to his cronies and promotes them even if they're undeserving. Shane Bowen for instance, we see how good he is with Schwartz gone. The guy is squandering one of the best defensive lines in the NFL.

Vrabel does have his hands in the cookie jar when it pertains to personnel decisions. The secondary has largely been trash throughout the Vrabel era and the offensive line has steadily regressed to the heaping pile of **** it presently is. Instead of going out and getting a real offensive line coach one of Vrabel's cronies was handed the position. Vrabel squandered a #1 seed back in 2021and a favorable matchup the prior season in 2020. Two consecutive losing seasons is a lock at this point and if Vrabel is around in 2024 count on a third.
who would have thought an OL coach from that OL producing powerhouse Colgate would struggle at the NFL level?

6a690b77-fc0f-485f-b6ec-ef75a0e1378f-Hoss_office.jpg

here the Arseling is... notice the Colgate merchandise... just sayin'

Two years to the day after he fueled up, harnessed in and made a southbound trek to sign on for his initial National Football League coaching position, Jason Houghtaling was summoned by Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel.

“He came in, myself and Sully (assistant O-line coach Mike Sullivan) were watching film in the offensive line meeting room, and he said, ‘Hoss, I need to see you real quick,’ ” Houghtaling said. “I walked into his office and he said, ‘Congratulations, I want you to be the offensive line coach.’ I was kind of floored. He just kind of threw it at me.”

Vrabel does have his hands in the cookie jar when it pertains to personnel decisions. The secondary has largely been trash throughout the Vrabel era and the offensive line has steadily regressed to the heaping pile of **** it presently is. Instead of going out and getting a real offensive line coach one of Vrabel's cronies was handed the position. Vrabel squandered a #1 seed back in 2021and a favorable matchup the prior season in 2020. Two consecutive losing seasons is a lock at this point and if Vrabel is around in 2024 count on a third.
Just wait till Vrabels son flames out in the NFL, he's gonna be our new OL coach at some point book it.

who would have thought an OL coach from that OL producing powerhouse Colgate would struggle at the NFL level?

I guess it's not really a coincidence that last season the Titans had a botched abortion of an offensive line and the worst LT in the entire league then this season they have a terrible line and the worst LT in the league once again when the assistant to the OL coach assumed the reigns. Vrabel's downfall is going to be his loyalty to his staff when they underachieve just like Munch.

Two years to the day after he fueled up, harnessed in and made a southbound trek to sign on for his initial National Football League coaching position, Jason Houghtaling was summoned by Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel.

“He came in, myself and Sully (assistant O-line coach Mike Sullivan) were watching film in the offensive line meeting room, and he said, ‘Hoss, I need to see you real quick,’ ” Houghtaling said. “I walked into his office and he said, ‘Congratulations, I want you to be the offensive line coach.’ I was kind of floored. He just kind of threw it at me.”
You make your jokes about Colgate, but historically 71 players have been in the NFL from the teeth school.
please overlook the wide bulk that played around the 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. And that 3 have been selected post 2000 averaging 1 NFL year.
in our lifetime, Eugene Robinson was probably the best.
They can also hang their hat on Martin Van Eeghen and that Horning guy.

oh, not Paul Horning, the much lesser known Steamer Horning.

Colgate Players/Alumni | Pro-Football-Reference.com

You make your jokes about Colgate, but historically 71 players have been in the NFL from the teeth school.
please overlook the wide bulk that played around the 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. And that 3 have been selected post 2000 averaging 1 NFL year.
in our lifetime, Eugene Robinson was probably the best.
They can also hang their hat on Martin Van Eeghen and that Horning guy.

oh, not Paul Horning, the much lesser known Steamer Horning.

Colgate Players/Alumni | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Well i just learned something.

Highest tuition in America, or close to it

View attachment 21246

No and he shouldn't. Not yet anyway. It's year one for Ran and Vrabel with a now rookie qb and a mostly Jrob constructed roster. If you're gonna pull the plug on vrabel for this season, he should have been fired alongside Jrob.

No and he shouldn't. Not yet anyway. It's year one for Ran and Vrabel with a now rookie qb and a mostly Jrob constructed roster. If you're gonna pull the plug on vrabel for this season, he should have been fired alongside Jrob.
My only fear is the fact Vrabel doesn't know shit about offense and let's be honest defense is sketchy af too, so the fear is what if Vrabel has a say or the ultimate authority in acquiring players next year with all that cap and we fill the roster with Dillards? Vrabel was in the room with JRob and said yes or told JRob this guy and this guy, that's a fact. Do we trust Vrabel to allow Ran to do his job and not mettle. It's unknown and that makes me nervous.

My only fear is the fact Vrabel doesn't know **** about offense and let's be honest defense is sketchy af too, so the fear is what if Vrabel has a say or the ultimate authority in acquiring players next year with all that cap and we fill the roster with Dillards? Vrabel was in the room with JRob and said yes or told JRob this guy and this guy, that's a fact. Do we trust Vrabel to allow Ran to do his job and not mettle. It's unknown and that makes me nervous.

Now see. Those are legit fears. That he isn’t a good talent evaluator. He knows football. He knows the XX and OO stuff. But if he can’t evaluate talent he needs to stay out of it. We don’t know what his role is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back