Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
who would have thought an OL coach from that OL producing powerhouse Colgate would struggle at the NFL level?

6a690b77-fc0f-485f-b6ec-ef75a0e1378f-Hoss_office.jpg

here the Arseling is... notice the Colgate merchandise... just sayin'

Two years to the day after he fueled up, harnessed in and made a southbound trek to sign on for his initial National Football League coaching position, Jason Houghtaling was summoned by Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel.

“He came in, myself and Sully (assistant O-line coach Mike Sullivan) were watching film in the offensive line meeting room, and he said, ‘Hoss, I need to see you real quick,’ ” Houghtaling said. “I walked into his office and he said, ‘Congratulations, I want you to be the offensive line coach.’ I was kind of floored. He just kind of threw it at me.”
View attachment 21248

Now see. Those are legit fears. That he isn’t a good talent evaluator. He knows football. He knows the XX and OO stuff. But if he can’t evaluate talent he needs to stay out of it. We don’t know what his role is.
Not too sure about the XX and OO stuff either

Not too sure about the XX and OO stuff either

Don’t confuse style with knowing situations. He embarrassed Belichick in the playoffs. Out coached him. I will concede that somewhere along the way Vrabel got way too conservative in his mindset. That worries me, unless it’s a talent void thing. I’m just not sure. But it still concerns me. This is a lost season and I knew it would be. 2024 could be a 1 year recovery if Levis is the truth. Lots of cap space and a 2nd Ran Draft with what should be good draft position. No reason to not be right back in the playoffs.

Don’t confuse style with knowing situations. He embarrassed Belichick in the playoffs. Out coached him. I will concede that somewhere along the way Vrabel got way too conservative in his mindset. That worries me, unless it’s a talent void thing. I’m just not sure. But it still concerns me. This is a lost season and I knew it would be. 2024 could be a 1 year recovery if Levis is the truth. Lots of cap space and a 2nd Ran Draft with what should be good draft position. No reason to not be right back in the playoffs.
He’s got no talent on the OL he can’t score points. And we’re rebuilding.

Vrabel is a GOOD HC. He’s conservative now to avoid absolute embarrassment. No coach can win with this OL. This year is a wash because of where JRob put us. We’ll be back in 2 years with Vrabel. You replace him- you’re looking at 4. .

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrabel is a GOID HC. He’s conservative now to avoid absolute embarrassment. No coach can win with this OL. This year is a wash because of where JRob put us. We’ll be back in 2 years with Vrabel. You replace him- you’re looking at 4. .

I agree completely except with the cap space and IF Levis is legit we can be back next year.

Vrabel is a GOOD HC. He’s conservative now to avoid absolute embarrassment. No coach can win with this OL. This year is a wash because of where JRob put us. We’ll be back in 2 years with Vrabel. You replace him- you’re looking at 4. .
exactly this. we're gonna keep losing this year and the knee-jerk fans are gonna keep losing their minds. but this season is dead. was dead before it even started. the signs were all there.

hopefully we can sink low enough to get MHJ, or a bounty of draft picks.

My only fear is the fact Vrabel doesn't know **** about offense and let's be honest defense is sketchy af too, so the fear is what if Vrabel has a say or the ultimate authority in acquiring players next year with all that cap and we fill the roster with Dillards? Vrabel was in the room with JRob and said yes or told JRob this guy and this guy, that's a fact. Do we trust Vrabel to allow Ran to do his job and not mettle. It's unknown and that makes me nervous.
Valid concern, but realistically you still have to roll the dice and at least give it one more year.

Vrabel has been too conservative since day 1.

i prefer we win every week. stop getting so butthurt about everything i post, it's gotta be exhausting hanging on my every word
Your previous quote…”Hopefully we sink low enough…” That isn’t preferring wins. You are a Tanktard and have a loser mentality.

Your previous quote…”Hopefully we sink low enough…” That isn’t preferring wins. You are a Tanktard and have a loser mentality.
i dont want to lose but if we do lose hopefully we lose enough to actually get someone good. it's not that complicated.

keep on hanging on deez nuts old man

Getting a high pick is cool and all but it doesn't guarantee anything. We will be picking top 15, most likely top 10, potentially top 5. Even worst case scenario we should be able to draft a difference maker. Jrob isn't around to draft someone who has torn his ACL 7 times and won't be ready for a year so that's exciting

Tanking for tanking is bad. It changes the culture.

But giving non starting players opportunities to grow and evaluate without concern for the W isn’t a bad thing. Having long term star vets risk serious injury to their livelihood when there is essentially zero chance to go anywhere is as equally bad to the culture. It’s a fine line.

And I’m honestly comfortable with it. We are going NOWHERE with this OL.And because we’ve held on to DHop and DH22- I think the plan is as mentioned above.

i prefer we win every week. stop getting so butthurt about everything i post, it's gotta be exhausting hanging on my every word
I imagine you have a tough time walking through doors with such a big head about yourself.
Your arrogance has you thinking my comments towards you make you special. Trust me, you’re not, you’re just another poster around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back