Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it last night and will say it again: I like what I am seeing from Levis. The line played so awful and the defense was so aggressive that the deep plays could not develop, but he read progressions and went to making intermediate throws.

He made some bad throws last night but not faulting him for them all. I like what this kid brings to the team and his style of play. Given a better OL and another receiving weapon he can certainly make this team explosive.

Levis was pressured an astounding 20 of his 44 drop backs. That equates to Levis being pressured a whopping 45%, given the circumstances he performed well. The image of Dillard immediately whiffing against Highsmith and falling to the ground is etched in my brain. The offense needs an incredible amount of help in 2024.

Levis was pressured an astounding 20 of his 44 drop backs. That equates to Levis being pressured a whopping 45%, given the circumstances he performed well. The image of Dillard immediately whiffing against Highsmith and falling to the ground is etched in my brain. The offense needs an incredible amount of help in 2024.
Radunz > Dillard

Dillard needs to be pushed down the depth chart to #3. Let Radunz or Duncan start if necessary, can't be any worse can it?

I’ve seen the highlighting of Highsmith, 11 QB pressures, 9 came against Dillard.

Pulled this from a PFT article on Levis:

"While the Titans scored just one touchdown on Thursday, Levis has displayed some clear positives as the team’s signal-caller. He was asked if he feels he’s earned the respect of his teammates from his two starts.

“I don’t need to think about that,” Levis said. “I’m just trying to do my job and not looking for approval from anybody. Just trying to go out and win games and do what’s asked of me at the position.”

Through two games, Levis has completed 60.3 percent of his passes for 500 yards with four touchdowns and one interception — good for a 96.4 passer rating. Levis looks like a player who the Titans could start for the rest of the season. But he didn’t campaign for it when asked on Thursday night.

“That’s not my decision,” Levis said. “I’m going to let the coach make that decision and just going to keep doing my job.”"

I love that the man is just as humble as he is hungry. Trademark of a true leader.

Plays from last night that stood out:

The cross to Hopkins early from the 5. Play design had Hopkins in the slot and matched with a LB. Obvious choice. Throw was very nice. Pretty much perfect.

The post from Phillips. Again a very good throw in a tough spot. Over and under throw was right on target.

3rd and 8 to Hopkins on the left side. Corner (Peterson) jumped the route. Levis got away with one here mainly because the velocity on the throw didn't allow the corner to get there even though he read it correctly.

The attempted throwaway toward Henry on the sack. Rookie mistake moment. Lucky he was ruled down. Could have been a disaster, but got lucky here.

The final.play. Why in the hell are we running a play to target Whyle in that situation? But that's not on Levis. The throw was picked and he said himself in the post-game interview he should have gone high with the throw to give Whyle a chance. Not sure the best decision wasn't just to throw it away and try for another shot with 2 seconds left. In that situation though, it's tough to find fault in the decision. He took the shot and it didn't work.

Overall, more good signs from the rookie QB. Command of the offense, played with poise under constant pressure, made some really good throws. Limited mistakes. I think he should keep getting the start until someone shows they can play better.

Plays from last night that stood out:

The cross to Hopkins early from the 5. Play design had Hopkins in the slot and matched with a LB. Obvious choice. Throw was very nice. Pretty much perfect.

The post from Phillips. Again a very good throw in a tough spot. Over and under throw was right on target.

3rd and 8 to Hopkins on the left side. Corner (Peterson) jumped the route. Levis got away with one here mainly because the velocity on the throw didn't allow the corner to get there even though he read it correctly.

The attempted throwaway toward Henry on the sack. Rookie mistake moment. Lucky he was ruled down. Could have been a disaster, but got lucky here.

The final.play. Why in the hell are we running a play to target Whyle in that situation? But that's not on Levis. The throw was picked and he said himself in the post-game interview he should have gone high with the throw to give Whyle a chance. Not sure the best decision wasn't just to throw it away and try for another shot with 2 seconds left. In that situation though, it's tough to find fault in the decision. He took the shot and it didn't work.

Overall, more good signs from the rookie QB. Command of the offense, played with poise under constant pressure, made some really good throws. Limited mistakes. I think he should keep getting the start until someone shows they can play better.
I liked that last play to Wyhle. The problem is that he didn't put it high enough to get over Kwon. It pretty much went right to him. I think the idea there was to get Whyle to run the seam into the endzone and let his height to get a high ball.

I really like Levis and have complete faith that we've found our QB.

Just so glad we didn't trade away Hopkins because he will be the reason for the growth in Levis. Couldn't imagine how awful our offense would look without Hopkins, considering #16 is an absolute ghost.

Don't think Levis will play in a more hostile environment this year like he did last night. So hopefully it's smooth sailing for him the coming weeks.

I liked that last play to Wyhle. The problem is that he didn't put it high enough to get over Kwon. It pretty much went right to him. I think the idea there was to get Whyle to run the seam into the endzone and let his height to get a high ball.

Whyle was sandwiched between 2 defenders. Highly doubt he was going to get that.

Honestly I'm not mad at Levis for that decision. We all acknowledge there's going to be mistakes on his end and unfortunately that was one of them.

Get ready for coach to put Tanney back out there when healthy. This board will exploded. Levis is the better player, he is our future and unless he gets hurt our QB. But I got this bad feeling we are not going to like what is coming!

Get ready for coach to put Tanney back out there when healthy. This board will exploded. Levis is the better player, he is our future and unless he gets hurt our QB. But I got this bad feeling we are not going to like what is coming!
Lets hope that Ran steps in and stops being Vrable's b*****.

Tannehill should not get the start. Levis has done a better job in the last 2 games than Tannehill did leading up to injury. I only hope that we not only start Levis, but the coaches need to stop assuming that they need to run reverses or run plays to "help him out". Let him run Playaction to Henry on first down. Let him try to convert 3rd and 4, instead of running a bad play and forcing conversion of 4th and 2. Let him make mistakes and learn.

Considering the line he is playing behind and laxk of receiving options outside dhop, i think levis has done as good as anyone could have these last Weeks. His arm strength is truly imlressive and his poise has been remarkable. We have our guy. Now we have to build around him

He had a handful of risky/bad throws, couple dropped INT, but young guy and a historically pretty advanced D in Pitt.

let him keep throwing that thing and he’ll improve. Great job diagnosing some of the plays today too. Called the hot routes and such.
all QBs have dropped INTs ... they are on defense for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back