Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that what I said? That he needs to learn when to drive the ball... I agree that he's capable.

Of course there's a time and place for putting touch on a ball and sometimes he needs to drive the ball in there. I just felt like to this point he puts a little too much touch sometimes.
You're not wrong, but he has the skillset to develop that with experience. At least I think he does after what I've seen in the two games he's played so far. :brow:

Obviously I’m not saying he’s a future HOF player, but what I’ve seen so far he’s definitely a quarterback we can build around right now. You have plenty of cap to spend this off season, so it doesn’t need to be a massive panther like rebuild.

That being said. We really need to take a look at those we -need- to keep around, and those we just need to cut loose. Burks is one I could see us just moving on from when his contract is over,

With the cap at nearly 100 mil next year, Tannehill likely gone, playoffs this year a big question mark..Levis needs playing time/experience so we can hit the ground running and put pieces around him next year.
Address OL, WR and secondary especially

I know this is an unpopular opinion but.... I have seen enough of Levis to know I want him playing next season behind a solid o-line who will protect him. If he continues to play behind this o-line he is going the way of Mariota/Tannehill... looking for ghosts, banged up, most likely injured and on his way to being ruined.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but.... I have seen enough of Levis to know I want him playing next season behind a solid o-line who will protect him. If he continues to play behind this o-line he is going the way of Mariota/Tannehill... looking for ghosts, banged up, most likely injured and on his way to being ruined.
He seemed to have more time to throw than Tannehill did, am I wrong in that thought?

I just really hope he doesn't develop bad habits behind this horrific O line. He can throw without setting his feet, but it might become such an instinctual habit with him that he forgets to use proper technique when he does have the time to step into his throw. He doesn't seem to lack confidence or focus now but that could change with nonstop battering.

Last edited by a moderator:
He seemed to have more time to throw than Tannehill did, am I wrong in that thought?
Partly because he gets rid of it faster than Tanney. He had time against the Falcons, which is why he looked so much better. He had no time against the Steelers and still managed to make chicken salad. I think Tanney would have been sacked about 3 more times.

Partly because he gets rid of it faster than Tanney. He had time against the Falcons, which is why he looked so much better. He had no time against the Steelers and still managed to make chicken salad. I think Tanney would have been sacked about 3 more times.
So with our crap OL why did he have more time vs Atlanta?

Falcons don't have TJ Watt and Highsmith. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Falcon's best pass rusher may have sustained an injury early in the game too. Don't think he played after the injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only watch the Titans, but I heard someone say that Atlanta style of defense isnt aggressive like the Steelers were playing the other night. Levis does have a very fast release, the way he flicks his wrist the way he does. Also he has done well moving away from the pressure. Even still he was pressured over 50% of his pass attempts, sacked 4x and hit 8 more times. That is dangerous.

Fair. But we have been a dominant run d for like two years, with Bowen then it just instantly failed. Still weird
Some people give credit to Jim Schwartz who seems to be doing really well with Cleveland's defense. Dan Pees was a consultant the year before that, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back