Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed to have more time to throw than Tannehill did, am I wrong in that thought?

Levis was getting pressured all night, it looked like he was getting more time than Tannehill because

1. Levis isn’t a stiff in the pocket and can buy some time, Tannehill pretty much has zero athleticism in the pocket, any sign of a collapse and it’s an automatic sack.

2. Levis has a cannon for an arm and his release is much quicker than Tannehill’s, there were many instances where it would have been a sack with Tannehill but Levis was able to get off a throw off his backfoot.

It’s a bad team that’s not going to win very games or the Super Bowl. We are rebuilding. Get used to it. Have fun watching the rebirth.
I'm not mad, just confused. It's not like it was a small sample size of being a good run D. But we turned awful overnight.

It's what happens when you play opponents with their top RBs on the field. The first few games were a lie.
The Titans have had an elite run defense for years though. Maybe as a byproduct of teams opting to throw to beat them instead, but it's really disheartening to see teams run on us like this.

It's what happens when you play opponents with their top RBs on the field. The first few games were a lie.
Like Zack Moss?
No way it’s cause their “good RB” was out there.
Guys like Warren and Moss aren’t “good RB”, they’re marginal guys gashing the s**t out of the D. Something is wrong.

It’s a shame Jeff won’t let us post on the rules thread. I was going to add number 12: Will Levis starts for the rest of the season.

He does know and is probably very high on Levis. He just isn’t goin* to say it because HCs just don’t do that. He owes nothing to us or the press.

…. And PK is a tool.
Well the fans buy tickets, guess when Tanny starts the opposing fans will enjoy cheap seats. PK being a tool or not he's got the data to back up the fact Levis helps us more than Tanny, the fans can see it on the field.

Well the fans buy tickets, guess when Tanny starts the opposing fans will enjoy cheap seats. PK being a tool or not he's got the data to back up the fact Levis helps us more than Tanny, the fans can see it on the field.

I’m not arguing Levis isn’t better. I’ve been calling for that since day one. I’m arguing this blame Vrabel for everything, he hates Levis and will go back to THill next game BS clickbait narrative.

Vrabel just isn’t going to embarrass or disrespect a veteran player like THill by just throwing him out with the trash in a press conference or in the media because the fans or PK want him to. It’s just not what is done. When the decision is made it will be announced but they will leave THill with his dignity.

Levis is our QB now.

I’m not arguing Levis isn’t better. I’ve been calling for that since day one. I’m arguing this blame Vrabel for everything, he hates Levis and will go back to THill next game BS clickbait narrative.

Vrabel just isn’t going to embarrass or disrespect a veteran player like THill by just throwing him out with the trash in a press conference or in the media because the fans or PK want him to. It’s just not what is done. When the decision is made it will be announced but they will leave THill with his dignity.

Levis is our QB now.
Announcing Levis as starter and future starter isn’t throwing THill in the trash. Not only is it a part of the game and 32 franchises, THill has to understand he wasn’t playing well, he’s on the last year of contract, and the titans clearly made investment into a young QB.
What Vrabel potentially does by playing the stupid word games, is create the issue of Levis or THill not really knowing what the actual intentions unless he’s stated a starter already among them. And if he did that, why hide it from the media? It gains nothing.

Announcing Levis as starter and future starter isn’t throwing THill in the trash. Not only is it a part of the game and 32 franchises, THill has to understand he wasn’t playing well, he’s on the last year of contract, and the titans clearly made investment into a young QB.
What Vrabel potentially does by playing the stupid word games, is create the issue of Levis or THill not really knowing what the actual intentions unless he’s stated a starter already among them. And if he did that, why hide it from the media? It gains nothing.

Almost every other team in this scenario declares a new starter going forward. Yea, not sure why all the word games.

Almost every other team in this scenario declares a new starter going forward. Yea, not sure why all the word games.

Yea but all he said is no I am not going to announce that today. We are going to review the depth chart over the weekend at multiple positions and we will have an answer for you guys on Tuesday. I am perfectly fine with that response because 1 it allows time to watch the tape and 2 it give them time to internally tell the team who the starter will be. Nothing worse for a player than for the media to find out they lost their starting job before being told by the coach themselves. I feel Vrable played it right here....now we will see what comes Tuesday and then people can start complaining based on that outcome. At the end of the day if it wasn't going to be Levis he would of stated Ryan is still our starter like he has in the past.

Before Levis and after Levis, I will always prefer a rookie qb getting a season watching from the bench. It rarely goes well throwing a rookie qb in to the fire. Sure, some do fine, but most do not. Give that rookie a season of learning, build up the o-line with all of our cap money this offseason, hopefully be able to draft 1 or 2 good o-line and then give the 2nd year qb his chance to shine.

So if Vrabel puts Tannehill back in, I am all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back