Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the INT I Remember I once I saw Kerry Collins throwing the ball away on 4th down to end the game I think.

I was so angry that he didn't try to get that first down or give a WR a chance.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is yesterday when he threw that pick I wasn't mad at all in fact I was happy he atleast tried.

Honestly the play call on that 3rd down to end the game was horrendous. It was all goes, not a single crosser or post/corners. The defense just had to sit back and stay in their zone. There was no where to go with that ball. Yea he didn't put enough air on it. Would of rather him throw to Hopkins at the pylon on 3rd down but that was a terrible designed play. It was 3rd and 5 with 11 seconds on the clock and yhere was not a single outlet to the sideline to try to pick up the first and get 2 more shots at the end zone from 10 - 14 yards out. That's much better than trying to throw it in from 25 yards deep. Should of been a quick out and had 7-8 seconds remaining to try to get 1 or maybe 2 more shots to the endzone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Levis had some bad decisions last night. I'd have to see the all-22 to have an opinion on how bad of a decision that fourth down throw was.

Man... Awful play calling in the 2nd half. Defense not stepping up against a terrible offense when they needed to.

Levis flashing his potential is really highlighting how dog water this franchise is in certain areas. I think I'm just about over Vrabel.

I'll reserve judgement on Levis until the end of the year. But if he continues to perform on par with what we've seen the last two games, I'll be comfortable building around him and that starts with an actual NFL caliber offensive coaching staff.

levis looks good, excited to watch him progress the rest of the season, even if the team wont be very good

he will be the starter going forward, people need to calm down, vrabel plays this game with everything he says to the media. has no one learned?

Tannehill would have been sacked 14 times last night, whether Levis is the guy or not, we don't know yet, but the potential is obvious, and Tannehill should be on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

Get ready for coach to put Tanney back out there when healthy. This board will exploded. Levis is the better player, he is our future and unless he gets hurt our QB. But I got this bad feeling we are not going to like what is coming!
Vrabel better not do it for a home game unless Levis is hurt.

It's only 2 games. But Levis looks the part. He is calm in the pocket. He can read a defense. The arm talent is easy to see. He has showed nice athleticism. And, he hasn't put the ball in harms way very much, beyond the last couple of drives where he was trying to make something happen.

Considering the state of our OL last night and our rather mediocre WR core (outside of Hopkins), I think the last 2 games have gone about as well as we could have hoped.

Hard to root for us to lose when Levis shows so much promise. But it's gonna be in our best interest to get as high a pick as possible since this draft has multiple generational talents as positions we need.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only 2 games. But Levis looks the part. He is calm in the pocket. He can read a defense. The arm talent is easy to see. He has showed nice athleticism. And, he hasn't put the ball in harms way very much, beyond the last couple of drives where he was trying to make something happen.

Considering the state of our OL last night and our rather mediocre WR core (outside of Hopkins), I think the last 2 games have gone about as well as we could have hoped. With a Jags win this weekend.

Hard to root for us to lose when Levis shows so much promise. But it's gonna be in our best interest to get as high a pick as possible since this draft has multiple generational talents as positions we need.
Agreed with most other than not putting the ball in harm's way often. Should probably have 4 ints already.

3 turnover worth plays on the final drive alone. Although you can't really fault him for those

He had a handful of risky/bad throws, couple dropped INT, but young guy and a historically pretty advanced D in Pitt.

let him keep throwing that thing and he’ll improve. Great job diagnosing some of the plays today too. Called the hot routes and such.
He will continue to have risky throws. Most every throw he makes is risky because they double team our one good reciever and the others don’t have the talent to get open. Hopefully they learn.
The Steelers were not impressive but won the game with their Jeff Fisher pattern. Keep it close, low risk plays, play hard at the end

Rough night for Levis but still encouraging, the talent and tools are all there for sure. Yes, it looks a little unorthodox, but Levis’ arm strength is elite, the way he’s able to sling it with such a quick release on his back foot without planting is so underrated. Tannehill would have taken so many sacks in those situations.
I agree. He has avoided a lot of sacks both games. Just imagine if he had a better line and two great receivers
I did like Phillips last night

He will continue to have risky throws. Most every throw he makes is risky because they double team our one good reciever and the others don’t have the talent to get open. Hopefully they learn.
The Steelers were not impressive but won the game with their Jeff Fisher pattern. Keep it close, low risk plays, play hard at the end

At least Levis makes risky throws down field. Tannehill has the same tendency to try to thread the needle in to tight windows and for the same reasons you mentioned (WRs suck)...only he never seemed to take the risk of throwing down field.

One thing I noticed about Levis that probably hurts his accuracy is his unorthodox "flick of the wrist" throws. He can throw from odd angles and off of his back foot etc... but I think he needs to learn to drive some of those balls as sometimes he seems to float the ball more than necessary. Seems like some of his throws hang in the air for ever. Just my opinion of course.

At least Levis makes risky throws down field. Tannehill has the same tendency to try to thread the needle in to tight windows and for the same reasons you mentioned (WRs suck)...only he never seemed to take the risk of throwing down field.

One thing I noticed about Levis that probably hurts his accuracy is his unorthodox "flick of the wrist" throws. He can throw from odd angles and off of his back foot etc... but I think he needs to learn to drive some of those balls as sometimes he seems to float the ball more than necessary. Seems like some of his throws hang in the air for ever. Just my opinion of course.
I don't think throwing a fastball is any problem for Levis, lol! Give the guy a chance to learn a bit more, he's only played two games ;)

I don't think throwing a fastball is any problem for Levis, lol! Give the guy a chance to learn a bit more, he's only played two games ;)
Isn't that what I said? That he needs to learn when to drive the ball... I agree that he's capable.

Of course there's a time and place for putting touch on a ball and sometimes he needs to drive the ball in there. I just felt like to this point he puts a little too much touch sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back