Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready to sign Tannehill to a 4 year deal, but transition tag would be fine.

Franchise tag Henry, draft his replacement in the 2nd/3rd, and let Henry lead the league in rushing again next year.
Why not sign Henry to a 4 year deal, then franchise tag Tannehill and draft his replacement in the 2nd/3rd round? Save more money that way so we can upgrade more positions.

Why not sign Henry to a 4 year deal, then franchise tag Tannehill and draft his replacement in the 2nd/3rd round? Save more money that way so we can upgrade more positions.
You honestly think you'll get someone in the 2nd round who will be ready in one year? You postpone signing Tannehill and you may not have the resources to sign him in a year. The price of QBs will go up significantly. Plus, how much cap money do you think you save next year on a Franchise tag vs. a real contract?

Not signing him has a lot of ways to blow up in your face unless you really believe Tannehill's performance is a one year phenomenon.

You honestly think you'll get someone in the 2nd round who will be ready in one year? You postpone signing Tannehill and you may not have the resources to sign him in a year. The price of QBs will go up significantly. Plus, how much cap money do you think you save next year on a Franchise tag vs. a real contract?

Not signing him has a lot of ways to blow up in your face unless you really believe Tannehill's performance is a one year phenomenon.
Zoom over your head it went

Same is true with QBs, then. We replaced a franchise QB with a cheap backup and got better. Chiefs replaced a franchise QB with a rookie, Eagles won the SB with a backup. And, on and on. QBs are more expensive. We should let Tanny walk and just role with a rookie or cheap backup.

It’s not the same and very few in the league think that way...many think that way on RB. In all the situations you named the QB situation needed improving.

forget about money, the best run teams make the POs

LOL...sure, the ones that find good cheap backs and don’t overpay them. Not one team with a highly paid back is in the playoffs. But plenty with good cheap backs are. Whose side is the argument does that favor?

what about it? The Rams? Gurley was hurt for the much playoff run and play offs. And one year later they can’t pay the rest of the talent because they spent too much on him...so missed the playoffs. What other teams?
they aren't in the playoffs because Goff regressed. Get real.

So let me get this straight. Some people on here think that, say, Bishop Sankey’s rookie year of 152- 569 - 2 is “close enough” to Henry’s 303 - 1540 - 16 that we should save a few million to “reinvest” in different positions?!

What positions could possibly have that big an impact? Hit men to take out the other teams?

Also, let me just state for the record that I LOVE watching Henry play. When he is dragging five guys along with him into the end zone I am literally standing on the couch. When he stiff arms a guy to the ground without flinching I yell my heart out. There isn’t another RB in the league more fun to watch and he’s on MY team! That has value wether you think some random rookie has some sort of contract proportionally statistically whatever mumbo jumbo.

Also, let me just state for the record that I LOVE watching Henry play. When he is dragging five guys along with him into the end zone I am literally standing on the couch. When he stiff arms a guy to the ground without flinching I yell my heart out. There isn’t another RB in the league more fun to watch and he’s on MY team! That has value wether you think some random rookie has some sort of contract proportionally statistically whatever mumbo jumbo.
Dude is off his rocker! Ya don’t get rid of Henry when he is legit carrying your squad.

Probably a lot of reasons they are not in the playoffs. Over paying Gurley is one of them. And that would give you one team. How about all the rest?
Overpaying Goff? Overpaying Donald? Overpaying their right tackle? Trading away assets? Man, the Rams spent a lot more money on contracts than just Gurley. In fact, I think Gurley is like 8th in cap hit on the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back