Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a QB who will push it down the field more. I’d try to bring in Jameis. He’d at least give AJ and Julio a chance to make plays on the ball. Maybe it’s the OC fault we hardly take shots down the field, idk.

Thank you. We could sign Winston and Trubisky both and let them compete.

Is there anything I said about Mitchell Trubisky in my OP that is not true?

He was a starter for 4 years and has made a pro bowl. Had a winning record 3 of those 4 years.

He is not garbage!

Drew Lock at QB from Denver (started playing better near season end) and then bring in his former coach with Derek Dooley at OC. Saves money and good solution with plenty of upside.

This is what irritates me about people like this.

I did not say this guy was the god of QBs. He could even be a backup. We could bring him and somebody else in to compete.

Not one of you have offered an alternative. I do not want to pay RT $29M next year.
Well we will be paying Tannehil so this post really is pointless. Tannehill will be here next year whether we like it or not

In 2018 Trubisky was on a team like the Titans. Good defense, good running game. He was 11-3 as a starter. 95.4 passing rating and went to the pro bowl.

What is your alternative genius? Tom Brady? Joe Burrow? What low cap zero draft capital QB you have in mind?

None of you have offered an alternative. Aaron Rogers for free? At age 38?

Tell me the alternative that costs us no draft picks and $2M a year.
To be honest, I’d rather have Trevor Semien than Trubisky. A decent game manager with our running game who isn’t a turnover machine could help us win. But, a better OC might get Tanneyhoe back on track. Trubisky is intriguing though because of his age. He may well be better than Woodside is who is also a FA next year. Prime time to bring in another guy.

In 2018 Trubisky was on a team like the Titans. Good defense, good running game. He was 11-3 as a starter. 95.4 passing rating and went to the pro bowl.
Look at his tape and if you cant do that look at his stats. Tannehill threw for 4k and +20 tds in multiple years on a dysfunctional Miami team, Trubisky barely broke 3k and had just 1 season with +20 tds. He isnt even close to where Tannehill were when we signed him.

Look at his tape and if you cant do that look at his stats. Tannehill threw for 4k and +20 tds in multiple years on a dysfunctional Miami team, Trubisky barely broke 3k and had just 1 season with +20 tds. He isnt even close to where Tannehill were when we signed him.
Not really a good measuring stick. Bears have literally never been a passing team, jay cutler is their “best” QB ever statistically.
Meanwhile in Miami, they didn’t have much a run game, confidently matches a large part of their history as well, but they weren’t winning games allowing some “bortles-like” stats to pile up for THill in Miami.

Stats are not the be all end all but I’m sure you can find more context within the stats to help prove your point, it’s just not yards/TD alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back