Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many knew Trubisky's record as a starting QB was 29-21?

How many knew that Trubisky has made a pro bowl?

You know now because I have told you on this thread.

The difference between Jay Cutler and Trubisky is that Cutler would have been in demand as a starting QB at age 27. It was probably only after his 8th season where just about every GM in the league realized he was not ever going to become good.

After 3 seasons in Denver the Bears thought enough of Cutler to trade Kyle Orton 2 firsts and a 3rd to get him. 2 first and a 3rd!

So even if Trubisky is never better than Cutler at least he cost nothing in draft capital.
You’ll have to go re-read the context of bringing cutler up. There was no argument he was better, worse, or even compared to trubisky.

Someone posted the head to head stats between trubisky and THill as a point that THill was better purely by stats.
I was merely pointing out that trubisky was in Chicago where passing has never been the focus point of their offense, that’s why cutler is the franchise leader after 100 years. Not cutler is any good, but that as a franchise they’ve passed so little historically that it’s not really a fair comparison to THill’s stats in Miami where they are quite the opposite and only occasionally have any kind of running game historically.

This is where you lose me on any argument, who cares about either of these stats. You just described Vince Young using only these stats.

You’ll have to go re-read the context of bringing cutler up. There was no argument he was better, worse, or even compared to trubisky.

Someone posted the head to head stats between trubisky and THill as a point that THill was better purely by stats.
I was merely pointing out that trubisky was in Chicago where passing has never been the focus point of their offense, that’s why cutler is the franchise leader after 100 years. Not cutler is any good, but that as a franchise they’ve passed so little historically that it’s not really a fair comparison to THill’s stats in Miami where they are quite the opposite and only occasionally have any kind of running game historically.

Trubisky's passing rating is the same as RT when we traded for him. 87.

RT had one year out of 6 where his record as a starter was above 500.

The Titans are a run oriented team right?

Vince Young whose career passing rating is 74?

How about attitude and maturity? Similar?

So what stats would you judge a player by?

You know about the internet right?
Vince Young Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Jeez, man. Thanks for helping prove my point.

You dropped you’re post about record and pro bowl like it was some sort of mike drop post when in actuality it was stupid and you needed way more info to help sell you’re point that trubisky isn’t bad.

Trubisky's passing rating is the same as RT when we traded for him. 87.

RT had one year out of 6 where his record as a starter was above 500.

The Titans are a run oriented team right?
I’m not the person comparing the two. I think it’s close to a wash between the two.

Mitchell would play the role of Mariota. To push Tannehill and nothing more than that. Tanny has been extremely durable for the pounding he takes but at least Mitchell could win a game in a pinch - that’s a big upgrade over Woodside (not sure why he’s still the backup). I’d be for it if nothing else but to put some pressure on Tannehill to perform.

Mitchell would play the role of Mariota. To push Tannehill and nothing more than that. Tanny has been extremely durable for the pounding he takes but at least Mitchell could win a game in a pinch - that’s a big upgrade over Woodside (not sure why he’s still the backup). I’d be for it if nothing else but to put some pressure on Tannehill to perform.
Curious how much the pounding has taken its toll too. I don’t mean injuries but he may have some David Carr disease.
Kind of my only thought on plays like the final INT, just cannot for the life of me figure out how he could have thrown that. He actually had a pretty clean pocket even after he stepped up.

Curious how much the pounding has taken its toll too. I don’t mean injuries but he may have some David Carr disease.
Kind of my only thought on plays like the final INT, just cannot for the life of me figure out how he could have thrown that. He actually had a pretty clean pocket even after he stepped up.

Yeah he def didn’t look calm coming off the bye - something was off. Then again he’s been off the majority of the year - his stats were down could be no Arthur Smith , who knows? But we need a much better version of Tanny next year - maybe playing on the road in the post season would help?

Idk if I ever replied to this thread seriously. Trubisky is fine, but he's not moving the needle. Bringing him in just feels like a lateral move at best that would just unsettle Tannehill who is here regardless.

Half of the people (or as many that were clamoring for Tammy) on this forum need to realize and admit that they were dead wrong and apologize about wanting Tammy over a ‘washed up’ Brady who promptly goes on the win a SB. Everyone thinks they’re right and have a plan until they get punched in the mouth by 3 RT INTs which clearly was the reason the Titans were cleaning out their lockers the next day. You guys were totally wrong about Tammy, so stop acting like you know what you’re talking about and know what’s best for the organization. Because you don’t.

The Titans are in this mess because Tammy has regressed and can’t live up to the ridiculous contract. He’s an average QB at best and will never get this team to a SB. If he simply ‘managed’ the game and just threw 1 pick less we might be talking about their matchup with KC.

I’m tired of the excuses. Yes Downing sucks and has no idea WTF he’s doing, but he didn’t throw the picks, fumble the ball away, come up small in big games and fall short of the SB. Tammy sucks, nothing is going to change.

At this point any and all options should be considered. What’s pathetic is, the Titans probably would’ve won the game if Woodshed was the QB. All Tammy had to do was protect the football not throw 3 INTs (or even one less) and they most likely win instead of wasting a 9 sack effort by the D.

Tammy is ‘not that guy’. I don’t give a F who the OC is. If the Titans go status quo next 1-2 years, or even being in a new OC, be ready for more of the same result.

If they feel they have to keep RT one more year I would still try to find a way to sign Trubisky for a 2 year deal and then maybe draft a project QB late like Aqueel Glass.

Vince Young is also a winner and a pro bowler. I’m sure he would be even cheaper than Mitch

Tim Tebow is also a winner. He would be a very cheap option. How are we not talking about Tim Tebow as QB?

You people truly don’t understand value. I mean sure we could trade some draft picks for a top level guy OR you could have a WINNER at QB for way cheaper. I have no respect for people who don’t want to seriously talk about replacing our QB with Tim Tebow. Even though the value of getting rid of Ryan is net negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back