Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a good measuring stick. Bears have literally never been a passing team, jay cutler is their “best” QB ever statistically.
Meanwhile in Miami, they didn’t have much a run game, confidently matches a large part of their history as well, but they weren’t winning games allowing some “bortles-like” stats to pile up for THill in Miami.

Stats are not the be all end all but I’m sure you can find more context within the stats to help prove your point, it’s just not yards/TD alone.
I literally said to look at his stats if you couldnt see tape of his actual play
Their rating was about the same and then I would for sure prefer the guy who throws for more yards and TDs.

Still waiting on the free franchise QB everyone has in mind instead. Nobody naming him?
There isn't one. We're not paying 38 million to sit Tanny on the bench, and we're not eating 58 million in dead cap to cut him.

Unless we find somebody crazy enough to trade for him, which i'm all for, he's gonna be our QB next year. It sucks but that's the reality.

It's not a highly touted QB draft class so maybe we can find a gem that goes under the radar.

As a backup? Sure. Bring him on. But I'm not willing to put our competitive window in his hands. Tanne is quite clearly the better option here.

What is your alternative genius? Tom Brady? Joe Burrow? What low cap zero draft capital QB you have in mind?

None of you have offered an alternative. Aaron Rogers for free? At age 38?

Tell me the alternative that costs us no draft picks and $2M a year.

He costs 2 million a year because he wasn't very good. The Clowns that drafted Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson deserve swift kicks to the ass. I'm not gonna label him a bust, but he was wildly inconsistent and that's why Chicago elected to move on.

Trubisky absolutely sucks. Why are we even discussing this? He’s another Blaine Gabbert.

I guess you post first before you might do some research?

Career passing rating:
Gabbert-72
Trubisky-87

Career winning percentage as a starting QB.:
Gabbert-27%(13-35)
Trubisky-58%(29-21)

TD to int ratio:
Gabbert-1.06(50-47)
Trubisky-1.68(64-38)

In all due respecto_O you do not know what you are talking about.

Let me say I have no respect, none for anybody talking about shutting down a thread. I'm not sure who brought Jay cutler into this argument but that is dumb.

A good start might be to know where on the internet to look for things like facts. You heard of those?

So the nfl is totally efficient? Every single player is valued equal to their ability? Like RT? Every 7th rd pick deserved to be a 7th rd pick?

No concept of value?

Let me say I have no respect, none for anybody talking about shutting down a thread. I'm not sure who brought Jay cutler into this argument but that is dumb.

A good start might be to know where on the internet to look for things like facts. You heard of those?

So the nfl is totally efficient? Every single player is valued equal to their ability? Like RT? Every 7th rd pick deserved to be a 7th rd pick?

No concept of value?
Context matters. I brought up cutler and despite not a very convincing point, it actually was more of a defense on your stand point regarding trubisky.

Not really a good measuring stick. Bears have literally never been a passing team, jay cutler is their “best” QB ever statistically.
Meanwhile in Miami, they didn’t have much a run game, confidently matches a large part of their history as well, but they weren’t winning games allowing some “bortles-like” stats to pile up for THill in Miami.

Stats are not the be all end all but I’m sure you can find more context within the stats to help prove your point, it’s just not yards/TD alone.

Sorry but we're at the stage it's go big or go home. Either sort a trade up in the draft if a qb looks talented but we don't wanna do that as our squad is legit now and don't wanna risk the problems that come with inexperience in the nfl or trade tanny and multiple picks for Russel. I'm happy with the latter both are paid the same roughly next year, same skill sets but Wilsons is much better hence why we would part with 1 an 2 picks with another 1 an 3 for next year. Seatlle gets a qb that manage a team plus multiple pick this year to bolster they feel like.

Sorry but we're at the stage it's go big or go home. Either sort a trade up in the draft if a qb looks talented but we don't wanna do that as our squad is legit now and don't wanna risk the problems that come with inexperience in the nfl or trade tanny and multiple picks for Russel. I'm happy with the latter both are paid the same roughly next year, same skill sets but Wilsons is much better hence why we would part with 1 an 2 picks with another 1 an 3 for next year. Seatlle gets a qb that manage a team plus multiple pick this year to bolster they feel like.
We’ll be a bottom feeder for a decade if we do that.

Ok I get it super star elite QBs are available for almost nothing. We'll get one of those. Perhaps we can use 3 straight 1st rd picks to trade up and get Pickett or Corral. o_O
Matt Corral and Carson Strong are being mocked at or after our pick in many places.

Drew Lock at QB from Denver (started playing better near season end) and then bring in his former coach with Derek Dooley at OC. Saves money and good solution with plenty of upside.
If the Titans hire Derek Dooley, I may have to suspend my fandom until he’s gone. I cannot handle any more of that guy. Worst coach in Vols history. Players hated him from day one.

The difference between Jay Cutler and Trubisky is that Cutler would have been in demand as a starting QB at age 27. It was probably only after his 8th season where just about every GM in the league realized he was not ever going to become good.

After 3 seasons in Denver the Bears thought enough of Cutler to trade Kyle Orton 2 firsts and a 3rd to get him. 2 first and a 3rd!

So even if Trubisky is never better than Cutler at least he cost nothing in draft capital.

If the Titans hire Derek Dooley, I may have to suspend my fandom until he’s gone. I cannot handle any more of that guy. Worst coach in Vols history. Players hated him from day one.

He can wear those orange pants.

They can interview Dooley and Mike Shula and pick one. :makefun:

At least recognize there are undervalued players in this league.

The Redskins(They were the Redskins still then) tagged Kirk cousins 2 years in a row because they did not think enough of him to give him a big deal. Then after he played well in those 2 years they still balked and signed Alex Smith to be their QB instead.

Cousins signed with the Vikings and has had one of the highest passing ratings in the league since. 103.8 average the last 4 years.

Tom Brady got passed over 198 times in 2000. 32 teams passed on Priest Holmes 7 times. They must suck. It is ok to mention that Trubisky is not in demand as a red flag but that cannot be your sole argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back