Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/izPJ9DsXkXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this scene..

Yes, the "I want to gently cradle your loins" looks between Sam and Frodo were disturbing.. Chris Lee and Brad Dourif were dead on though. My favorite scene of all three movies (The Mouth of Sauron) wound up edited out.. D'oh!

LOL..

g640g60681g6.gif

The Fighter-

Another great film. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything boxing, but still. I don't think Mark Wahlberg played the best Micky Ward (and I've been known to argue that he's underrated at times), but regardless a good flick and it didn't even need to feature the most notable fights of Ward's career.

Christian Bale and Amy Adams stole the show, but Bale was on another level. I think due to doing Terminator and Batman I forgot just how good he can be, and how diverse (the way I measure an actor), but he became Dicky Eklund. How much weight did he lose for this one? Looks as he did in The Machinist.
Amy Adams may be my new favorite female actress if she keeps this up- though it's a short list to begin with. She continues to show that she can transform in to a new character every role and make you forget that it's the same person you've seen before.

8/10 again.

Good night of movies... wish they all ended that way.

Went to a friend's house last night and they had this on. Definitely a performance movie opposed to a boxing movie as the actual boxing scenes were weak.

As I said before, I agree Christian Bale was definitely the real star, similar to the way Heath Ledger was in The Dark Knight. Credit to the writers too, because Bale nailed the role without being too over the top (i.e your knock on DDL). With that being said, Bale's character obviously had more personality, and you're a bigger movie buff than I am, so do you think if they had switched roles, Wahlberg would be one we'd be praising?

P.S - The only other movie I've seen with Amy Adams is Catch Me If You Can, and speaking of transformation, from dorky kinda cute to sassy hot...I approve.

Yeah, Tolkien isn't too popular with the Transformers generation..

Nothing to do with the Transformers generation...goblins, orcs, elves and all that good stuff...usually not my thing.

I will admit to liking the LOTR movies though...and I was a fan of the game Oblivion. Keyword: usually. :yes:

Oh wow, that was her, though I wouldn't exactly count 3 episodes as half a season.

I'm not even sure it was 3 episodes.

Plus, The Office isn't a movie. So maybe Catch Me if You Can is the only movie you've seen her in. The only movies I remember seeing her in are Talladega Nights and Charlie Wilson's War.

Speaking of The Office, I've seen every episode from every season (1-6), but only saw 3 episodes from this season. I wasn't impressed. Has it improved? How does it compare to past seasons?

I'm not even sure it was 3 episodes.

Plus, The Office isn't a movie. So maybe Catch Me if You Can is the only movie you've seen her in. The only movies I remember seeing her in are Talladega Nights and Charlie Wilson's War.

At least three - The boat cruise, the fire and the one where she is selling swag in the office. Movie/show, you know what he was saying :p

You did just correctly name all three Amy Adams episodes, but they weren't dating when she was selling the purses.

Boom! I win! :D

I own all seasons and am currently re-watching all episodes.

I watched half of London Boulevard last night, it bored me so i went and did something else. I cant really stand movies with those London accents. Plus the movie was so slow and doesnt really explain things, you have to figure out whats going on most of the time.

Im not gonna rate it until i get around to finishing it, maybe it will get better. but for now i dont see this being a movie Americans will like even though it has Colin Farrell.

You did just correctly name all three Amy Adams episodes, but they weren't dating when she was selling the purses.

Boom! I win! :D

I own all seasons and am currently re-watching all episodes.

Upon further review, Amy Adams appears in the final episode of Season One.
It is 11 episodes later when Jim breaks up with her in the Booze Cruise episode. That's half a season easily.
Split the difference? Half win for both of us and I'm being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back