Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done watching Season Of The Witch , it had promise but came out weak. More costume and location glamour than actual story. The ending was pretty lame but matched the rest of the movie. 5/10

I'm not even sure it was 3 episodes.

Plus, The Office isn't a movie. So maybe Catch Me if You Can is the only movie you've seen her in. The only movies I remember seeing her in are Talladega Nights and Charlie Wilson's War.

Speaking of The Office, I've seen every episode from every season (1-6), but only saw 3 episodes from this season. I wasn't impressed. Has it improved? How does it compare to past seasons?

She did make an appearance in 3 episodes, but yeah, I think she barely had any screen time in 2 of them, if that's what you meant.

To answer your question, I haven't seen the last 4-5 episodes, but unless those episodes were orgasmic, this season is definitely one of the weaker ones. I'm sure you heard Steve Carrell is leaving, so it seemed they were trying to groom Dwight earlier and were trying too hard. I heard a rumor that the guy who plays Packer was gonna be upgraded to a lead role, to replace him, and thankfully I don't think it was true. He can be somewhat funny with a very minor role, but it's obvious he'll just get too annoying.

And I was excited earlier to find out Timothy Olyphant got recruited to be part of the staff, but he just randomly disappeared.

David Brent returns for the final episode this season. Let the "Michael's replacement" speculation begin. Should be added that it isn't Gervais' style to have his characters be anything but short-lived.

David Brent returns for the final episode this season. Let the "Michael's replacement" speculation begin. Should be added that it isn't Gervais' style to have his characters be anything but short-lived.

Loved his exchange with Michael at the elevator as a tease, but bringing him as his replacement would come off as desperate IMO. Honestly, I don't think they need a replacement. I wouldn't mind them bringing back that black guy, Charles...or some other uptight character who acts like a "real" boss, and the next season, everyone would realize, as annoying as Michael was, they were ungrateful, one of those "you don't fully appreciate something until it's gone" situations. Then if Steve Carell is open to coming back, they could bring him back the season after next.

I find it really hard to believe Steve Carell won't at least make a couple of guest appearances next season.

Sucker Punch.. uh.. 6/10. The action scenes were good.. the one with the zeppelins and killzone guys was my favorite.. but.. jesus. The old guy or "mentor"/guide whatever.. the most annoying character I've seen in a WHILE. Dialogue was lame but able to look past it.. the old dude though.. god I wanted him to die immediately.

Catfish

It's a documentary/mockumentary about this inspiring filmmaker who meets and bonds with this girl on facebook and falls for her, but later he starts to doubt if she really is who she says she is.

Word of advice, if you decide to watch the trailer, don't take it at face value. You'll only end up disappointed and probably a little pissed (I know I initially was because there's a line when it comes to false advertising, and what they did was called "cheating") because the trailer is intentionally and incredibly misleading as a desperate marketing ploy. They hyped it up to be some Blair Witch Project like thriller and it's not. They even went as far as giving the tagline "The best Hitchc0ck movie Hitchc0ck never directed" LOL.

It's obviously a movie that has to build up and will be defined by its ending, so negating the trailer, when the girl is finally "revealed", it is quite emotional, and it is well made movie. Just don't expect Gwyneth Paltrow's head in a box to show up.

In terms of quality film-making, I'd give it a 7/10 and will deduct 5 points for cheating, which leaves the final rating at 2/10.

Paul - Saw it due to getting to the theater late and the originally planned movie had already begun.

It was pretty funny. Not hilarious, but I liked it. Bill Hader + Kristen Wiig are a pretty solid combo and instantly improve pretty much anything they're in now.

The Lincoln Lawyer - 6.5/10

I was expecting it to be much better. It was pretty average. I would advise against playing $10.50 to see it.

Also, the days of Marisa Tomei being hott are gone... she still pulled it off in The Wrestler to an extent, but it's done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back