Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Hornet

Oh dear......pretty poor.

80's-90's seen it all before violent comic to movie adaptation.

Kato is cool
Diaz is no longer sexy and just doesn't fit in at all.

Biggest dissapointment is Rogen.

It was his pet project and maybe the pressure on himself was too much. The script is one bad cliche after another and Rogen also turns in his worst performance yet.

I wanted to like this but it's just not got a lot going for it.

1/5 .....the 1 is for Kato :)

Green Hornet

Oh dear......pretty poor.

80's-90's seen it all before violent comic to movie adaptation.

Kato is cool
Diaz is no longer sexy and just doesn't fit in at all.

Biggest dissapointment is Rogen.

It was his pet project and maybe the pressure on himself was too much. The script is one bad cliche after another and Rogen also turns in his worst performance yet.

I wanted to like this but it's just not got a lot going for it.

1/5 .....the 1 is for Kato :)

I hated the movie but absolutely LOVE the old TV show that comes on sci-fi. There was only one season but Bruce Lee was Kato...pretty cool.

The Adjustment Bureau

The very first time I saw the trailer, I thought it was a stupid idea, but then the trailer started to grow on me and I decided to have an open mind going into the movie and said it would be this year's Inception. It was my sleeper pick and the only reason why it didn't get hype like Inception is because Leo and Nolan aren't tied to it.

After seeing it, I retract what I said above. It was just alright. Like Inception, I knew the movie was gonna take some time to build up, to explain the "rules", but unlike Inception, the movie was too slow and there were several moments where I found myself looking at the time. And right when the things got interesting, it was over, like a pilot of a t.v show. There's a love story, so obviously on-screen chemistry was important, and I just didn't feel it. Now, it wasn't like the acting was bad, it wasn't, but I just didn't feel that "they're totally inseparable" vibe. Initially I scolded at the ending, but I do understand the message they wanted to send with it. And yes, the typical Jason Bourne references were there. "Just give him a hand towel and he'll kill you all." I've accepted that I won't be able to watch a Matt Damon movie without my friends making them.

Also, for anyone who has seen it, I've read that there were several scenes where you can see the boom mic. Many people have pointed it out and said it was so bad the people in their theaters were all laughing about it. Nobody in my theater said anything, and I think I remember MAYBE seeing it for a split second, now that it's been mentioned, but didn't think too much of it. Maybe I'm just not good at noticing at that kind of stuff if I'm not looking. Was it really that bad?

Hall Pass - 6.5/10

It was okay. Better than I expected but still weak for what the Farrelly Brothers have done in the past.

And Pam was cheating on Jim with Owen Wilson the whole time. WTF

HALL PASS - I have forgotten most of this already. What? I laughed out loud during the "hidden camera" and the "painfully too long focusing on peni" portions. The rest, ble...

BATTLE LOS ANGELES - False advertising. Ads portrayed this as an epic alien takeover but in the end it was more of a smaller-scale military gauntlet featuring the same aliens and space ships we've seen in a bunch of other movies. Mars Attacks is still tops in this dept.

Hall Pass - 6.5/10

It was okay. Better than I expected but still weak for what the Farrelly Brothers have done in the past.

And Pam was cheating on Jim with Owen Wilson the whole time. WTF

the Farrelly Brothers were able to do a scene ive never seen in a movie before, where the girl from the club is sitting on the bathtub and sneezes.

i was like wtf.

BATTLE LOS ANGELES - False advertising. Ads portrayed this as an epic alien takeover but in the end it was more of a smaller-scale military gauntlet featuring the same aliens and space ships we've seen in a bunch of other movies. Mars Attacks is still tops in this dept.

I was supposed to see this tonight but had to postpone. I can already tell it's gonna have a lazy Hollywood ending but I'm in the mood for a mindless action flick. Was it like Cloverfield or the War of the Worlds remake where the first half had so much promise only for it be a big letdown because of a crappy second half? And I take it it's no where near as good as District 9, which in my opinion, was a breath of fresh air and surprisingly one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Even before watching it, I will give them this though, the music choice in this trailer that starts at 1:44 is absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IVIyP7bvlE

This movie in no District 9. They obviously were inspired by the look of certain aspects of D9 but there isn't a whole lot going on here that hasn't been done in a zillion other flicks.
Definitely Roland Emmerich territory..

I think D9 was absolutely intended as a comedy.. Felt like an updated version of one of the older Peter Jackson goofs (ala Bad Taste) to me.

Maybe it's just me but the main guy from D9 is a total take on Lionel from Dead Alive. Seemed to me that it wasn't coincidence that Peter Jackson was involved in D9

district-9.jpg

xbraindead_review.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1ssxUUnvG0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back