Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitman was one of the most ridiculous movies i've ever seen. i couldn't even make it through the whole thing and i've sat through some pretty bad ones before.

remaking a classic is never a good idea

Funny how Craven used to make gritty heart attack horror ala Last House and Hills Have Eyers and now he is strictly mindless teeny-bopper fare..
If Last House does get remade lets hope Wes Craven isn't the one who does it..

I also have been watching horror as I do every October.. Some highlites:
Black Sunday,
Black Sabbath,
Cannibal Holocaust (my first and last time seeing this atrocity),
Curse of The Werewolf
The Tingler
All the Karloff, Lugosi, Chaney Jr. Universal horror films in order up to Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (I will have all of them watched by Halloween)
Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Frederick March version, who puts on quite a show- highly recommended if you haven't seen it..)
Several Paul Naschy Valdemare Daninsky werewolf films (thank you Netflix! about time these were available!)
The Thing (Kurt Russell version - one of last of the great prop horror era films)

saw The Happening yesterday

I give it an 8 for some shock value
and a 3.5 for acting / script

you want to talk about a clinic on how to not act, watch the happening. mark wahlberg's character could have been replaced with a cardboard cut out and you would never know a thing.

Sunshine

Movie about a team that was sent to the Sun to prevent it from dying. Similar theme to Armageddon, but I thought it was better if you can believe that. The drama, unexpected things, suspense was all great. I rented it in BLU-RAY as well and it was also outstanding. Not a real believable story, but a great one....if that makes sense......9/10.

you want to talk about a clinic on how to not act, watch the happening. mark wahlberg's character could have been replaced with a cardboard cut out and you would never know a thing.

Absolutley. I was shocked at how poor his acting was and commented on it throughout the movie. Lets hope max Payne is better.

Sunshine

Movie about a team that was sent to the Sun to prevent it from dying. Similar theme to Armageddon, but I thought it was better if you can believe that. The drama, unexpected things, suspense was all great. I rented it in BLU-RAY as well and it was also outstanding. Not a real believable story, but a great one....if that makes sense......9/10.

Ditto :thumb: I might not rate it that high, but I sure was surprised by it. It got a little old with the shock treatment stuff with crazy shaking cameras, but that was a minor complaint.

Keep in mind that M Night directs his leads to act that way.. stiff, over-sensitive and completely wussified.. You see it in all his flicks and it gets extremely annoying..
That said, Zooey De-whatever is a horrible actress (but a great singer!)..

Mark Wahlberg at his finest!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/48f5ec552dd0c1df/4741e3c5156499a7/65fa161f/-cpid/ede73b88cb85672" id="W4727a250e66f972348f5ec552dd0c1df" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/48f5ec552dd0c1df/4741e3c5156499a7/65fa161f/-cpid/ede73b88cb85672" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

War, inc.

Hmmm...well not very good. I watched the whole thing to so it must not be too bad. 5/10

Indiana Jones Crystal Skull - Blu Ray - Rewatching it, I notice more and more bad acting in this. I think the story could have worked, but a lot of the acting threw it off. Still decent. 7/10

Eastern Promises -7/10
It's a good movie, but again I was let down a bit because I heard it was so great. I think some people are suckers for gore and good fight scenes. I liked it though. Just wish I hadn't bought it.

Is this movie a sequal or somehow related to another movie Viggo is in?

BoBo - Dont think so.

Max Payne - Decent Story, great action, confusing at times. Overall I enjoyed this movie. Not great, but decent. 7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back