Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what got people with The Hateful Eight was the extremely long drawn out first half of the movie which was just nonstop dialogue. Then again, that is vintage Tarantino and the haters should've known.

I saw it on 70mm and that version had an intermission right at
the poisoning.

That's the only time I watched it and I'll say I think the intermission helped. First time I've ever been to a movie with an intermission since I saw Titanic when I was like 8.

Classic example of exactly what is wrong with Tarantino's films
Too long-winded and over explained.. Edit 45 mins of yap out of any of his films sans maybe Pulp Fiction and the movie would be greatly improved.

I think what got people with The Hateful Eight was the extremely long drawn out first half of the movie which was just nonstop dialogue. Then again, that is vintage Tarantino and the haters should've known.

I saw it on 70mm and that version had an intermission right at
the poisoning.

That's the only time I watched it and I'll say I think the intermission helped. First time I've ever been to a movie with an intermission since I saw Titanic when I was like 8.

Hateful Eight was better when it was called Ravenous...

ravenous.jpg

I loved the hateful eight on first viewing. Enjoyed it a 2nd time as well. I liked the character portrayls and scenery a lot.

But its not something I'm very interested in rewatching again. For me it's much more about it being in the same location instead of the long winded dialogue.

The only thing that I didn't like was Tarantinos narration. Completely unnecessary and didn't fit with the film.

H8 is virtually a one-room play; I enjoyed it for the most part, but...
the guy under the floor must've been ridiculously cold after being under there that long. A bit of a stretch there.

To whomever might care:
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter is an absolute piece of dog squeeze that utterly ignores the story leading up to it and has worse camera work than The Blair Witch Project. As a RE fan who understands that the franchise could never be considered 'serious' film making in any way, I was offended at how awful the plot and writing were. Just fuggin lousy.

The Nice Guys.

Caught this over the weekend as it premiered on Starz (or maybe Showtime or HBO, can't remember). Funny and pretty good. Nothing really exceptional, but I enjoyed a movie that had that 80s style action without constant overuse of CGI. Again, not an amazing movie, but worthwhile to watch if you have the time and enjoy this type of action/humor movie (the movie is set in the late 70s). Also some nice boobs in the movie.

The Infiltrator was pretty good. These undercover movies all seem to look the same though. You seem to need to have most, if not all, of the following:
  • Strain on the marriage caused by the undercover work -- but marriage pulls through anyway
  • Cop getting close with certain underworld figures
  • Cop trying to get criminals he is close with to flee before the bust comes
  • Bust comes sooner than the cop wants
  • Cop feels bad about some people being busted
  • Lots of times when his cover is almost blown

For those who have not heard -- it is based on a true story of law enforcement who went after Pablo Escobar's money laundering. Stars Bryan Cranston and some other recognizable names.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ocean's Eight.

The all-female version of Ocean's Whatever Number. Because Hollywood doesn't know how to write compelling female characters, so they just shoehorn them into rehashed roles for men.

Probably doomed to the same fate as Girlbusters, without the outrage.

PuPHGe3.jpg

I took my kid to see Monster Trucks, nice family film for all ages...

But its coming out on DVD in no time so youre better off waiting a month and saving your money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back