Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocean's Eight.

The all-female version of Ocean's Whatever Number. Because Hollywood doesn't know how to write compelling female characters, so they just shoehorn them into rehashed roles for men.

Probably doomed to the same fate as Girlbusters, without the outrage.

The biggest issue with Feigbusters was beyond it being women... it decided to not carry on, but to remake. To not exist in that same world. The original never existed. The writing was subpar. They decided to make it political instead of making it pass on its merit. They attacked the fans of the original, rather than embrace a built-in fanbase.

If Oceans 8 can avoid those things... could be good.

I took my kid to see Monster Trucks, nice family film for all ages...

But its coming out on DVD in no time so youre better off waiting a month and saving your money...

Blatant false advertising. This is a monster truck:

monster-truck-icon-bigfoot-8778_1.jpg

The biggest issue with Feigbusters was beyond it being women... it decided to not carry on, but to remake. To not exist in that same world. The original never existed. The writing was subpar. They decided to make it political instead of making it pass on its merit. They attacked the fans of the original, rather than embrace a built-in fanbase.
No doubt. That movie just didn't have an audience. Diehards didn't care about it because of the reasons you said. Then there was the politicizing of it.

If Oceans 8 can avoid those things... could be good.
Could be, but will anyone care is the question. This is the fourth(?) installment and the only difference appears to be the cast's genitalia.

One is real, other one is kiddie crap. I'll take real.
Ive been to multiple monster truck shows, never that great, this movie wasnt either but id rather rewatch that then go see the real thing in a stadium

FTR: monster jam should never be held indoors, really limits the stunts they can pull off

No doubt. That movie just didn't have an audience. Diehards didn't care about it because of the reasons you said. Then there was the politicizing of it.

Could be, but will anyone care is the question. This is the fourth(?) installment and the only difference appears to be the cast's genitalia.
I will say Oceans 12 was the weakest. Oceans 13 was good. Makes a 4th one make more sense. If it also sucked... GAME OVER.

Never watch 12... just 11 and 13.

Ive been to multiple monster truck shows, never that great, this movie wasnt either but id rather rewatch that then go see the real thing in a stadium

FTR: monster jam should never be held indoors, really limits the stunts they can pull off

Yeah, indoor monster truck shows are stupid. They need room. Even in a big indoor stadium it is still too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back