Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to mention how hilarious it was that Get Out was the one movie DW chose to point to lol. It does look good though and I want to see it.

Because literally everyone is talking about it... except you guys.

Go figure.

But yeah, the racial aspect is damned intriguing and well done. Most importantly- relevant to actual real life.

Unlike a green monster that strong and punch things.

Because I was bored and hoping to prove a point. Non-superhero movies mentioned/discussed ITT in the month of March:

Jungle Book
Tuskegee Airmen
Masterminds
The Good Shepherd
Nocturnal Animals
War Dogs
Why Him
Edge of Tomorrow
Interstellar
Skull Island
Hell of High Water
Rogue One
Passengers
The Nice Guys
Adams Family
Legend
John Wick
Yoga Hosers
Hacksaw Ridge
Get Out
Valerian
Magnificent 7
Godzilla
Beasts of No Nation
Indy 5
Predator
Trainspotting 2
It

Meaningful contributions by the whiners: 0

Because literally everyone is talking about it... except you guys.

Go figure.

But yeah, the racial aspect is damned intriguing and well done. Most importantly- relevant to actual real life.

Unlike a green monster that strong and punch things.
Someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread. What do you really expect us to say about it if we haven't seen it yet? Again, it's been out a month.

Because I was bored and hoping to prove a point. Non-superhero movies mentioned/discussed ITT in the month of March:

Jungle Book
Tuskegee Airmen
Masterminds
The Good Shepherd
Nocturnal Animals
War Dogs
Why Him
Edge of Tomorrow
Interstellar
Skull Island
Hell of High Water
Rogue One
Passengers
The Nice Guys
Adams Family
Legend
John Wick
Yoga Hosers
Hacksaw Ridge
Get Out
Valerian
Magnificent 7
Godzilla
Beasts of No Nation
Indy 5
Predator
Trainspotting 2
It

Annnnd almost all those were likely spoken about by the people complaining about the majority (Super Hero) of the posts here.

:)

And I don't even mind super hero flicks. They've gotten better- finally, but THAT's what you discuss? It'd be like rambling on and on about Fast and the Furious.

Someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread. What do you really expect us to say about it if we haven't seen it yet? Again, it's been out a month.

Most the films discussed here are new releases/in theaters.

A month is quite a while for what's being said is the best movie of the year and had a 100 on rottentomatoes.

But you'll rush to see Rogue One.

Jungle Book
Tuskegee Airmen
Masterminds
The Good Shepherd
Nocturnal Animals
War Dogs
Why Him
Edge of Tomorrow
Interstellar
Skull Island
Hell of High Water
Rogue One
Passengers
The Nice Guys
Adams Family
Legend
John Wick
Yoga Hosers
Hacksaw Ridge
Get Out
Valerian
Magnificent 7
Godzilla
Beasts of No Nation
Indy 5
Predator
Trainspotting 2
It

You should tag them @CRUDS @Alex1939

Annnnd almost all those were likely spoken about by the people complaining about the majority (Super Hero) of the posts here.

Nope. Not even close.

And I don't even mind super hero flicks. They've gotten better- finally, but THAT's what you discuss? It'd be like rambling on and on about Fast and the Furious.
I mean, it's just what seems to generate the most discussion, for whatever reason. But it's not for a lack of posts about other movies. Again, maybe if the people who are so anti-superhero discussion would actually try to contribute things would be different.

Superhero movies appeal to about everyone here. It just nails the demographic perfectly.

Not everyone likes shoot 'em up movies, monster movies, horror movies, or war movies.

I love horror movies, but have no idea why you would want to see one in a theater. Takes the entire experience out of it, imo.

Most the films discussed here are new releases/in theaters.

A month is quite a while for what's being said is the best movie of the year and had a 100 on rottentomatoes.

But you'll rush to see Rogue One.
Wrong yet again. Do you need to look over my list again?

Logan and Power Rangers are the only "superhero" new releases that have been discussed. And Logan is a great movie that has been nearly unanimously well-received, just as Get Out has.

Most of us here don't seem to make it to theater very often. I think I went twice, maybe once actually, all of last year. And you bet, when I do go I'd rather see something that's a bit of a spectacle that is a much better experience in the theater versus my living room.

I'm sure I'll end up seeing Get Out the very week it is released on home video. The fact I'm not seeing it in the theater has absolutely nothing to do with any lack of interest in it. It's more to do with my lack of trips to the theater.

I can assure you when it is released on video there will be no shortage of folks around here who see it.

I was going to mention how hilarious it was that Get Out was the one movie DW chose to point to lol. It does look good though and I want to see it.

I watched the lead in Black Mirror, and the guy is a solid actor, I am sure it is great. However, you can't expect everyone to be in the mindset to be interested in its agenda, for the last 10 years it is all that has been on the news. And that is coming from a guy most view as liberal.

Superhero movies appeal to about everyone here. It just nails the demographic perfectly.

Not everyone likes shoot 'em up movies, monster movies, horror movies, or war movies.

I love horror movies, but have no idea why you would want to see one in a theater. Takes the entire experience out of it, imo.
Some movies are MUSTS in the theater... many you can wait.

I watch 2-3 in theaters a year... Star Wars Episode 8, Thor Ragnarok and Guardians 2.

These are going to be visual - AND AUDIO - extravaganzas... will lose a lot outside of a theater.

Mad Max Fury Road is a great example of this. Watched it at home... enjoyed it, but I could tell i would've loved it in the theater.

Yea...looks good I guess...reviews are great...but how much of that is just sjws juzzing their pants over a movie with a town of racist whiteys

So why is there anything to whine about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back