Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superhero movies appeal to about everyone here. It just nails the demographic perfectly.

Not everyone likes shoot 'em up movies, monster movies, horror movies, or war movies.

I love horror movies, but have no idea why you would want to see one in a theater. Takes the entire experience out of it, imo.

I am not into superhero crap myself (Except for that Guardians of the Galaxy movie) but I know I am in the minority here so no point saying much about it.

Do not like horror, monster, "shoot-em-up", or sci-fi crap either FWIW

531a25140a398.gif

I just don't get the whining about what's posted on a public forum in general. Whether it's superhero movies in the MOVIE thread, or Whatever Wars, or fantasy football talk in shoutbox. Jesus Christ. It's an internet forum. No one is forced to be here. I bet there's probably less superhero talk and band wars over at TitansReport.

I will say it

I really don't need a horror movie that 'speaks' about systematic racism.
I'll say something else.

I go to the theater maybe four times a year. When I go, you should bet your ass that I'm going to see something that will be enhanced by the theater experience: the big screen, the surround sound, and watching it with dozens of people.

Horror movies are in no way enhanced by the theater experience. Chances are some chode behind me will ruin the immersion.

I'll catch Get Out on Netflix or Red Box.

I'll say something else.

I go to the theater maybe four times a year. When I go, you should bet your ass that I'm going to see something that will be enhanced by the theater experience: the big screen, the surround sound, and watching it with dozens of people.

Horror movies are in no way enhanced by the theater experience. Chances are some chode behind me will ruin the immersion.

I'll catch Get Out on Netflix or Red Box.

I'm with you. I have to REALLY want to see a movie to go to the theater and be stuck in a room with a bunch cell phone obsessed loud mouth Millennials who greatly increase the chances of ruining the whole experience. I really try to find reasons to just wait for the DVD release.

I'm with you. I have to REALLY want to see a movie to go to the theater and be stuck in a room with a bunch cell phone obsessed loud mouth Millennials who greatly increase the chances of ruining the whole experience. I really try to find reasons to just wait for the DVD release.
I spend extra to go to the Cinebistro here. Cushy recliners... age requirements... nice food, if you want...

Chances are some chode behind me will ruin the immersion.
This right here is the main reason I don't go as much anymore. I've been 3 times this year (which is way ahead of my normal rate for going to the theater) and all 3 times there has been at least one asshole nearby talking, texting, or otherwise being obnoxious as hell.

I am planning on going to see Skull Island, also I will see IT when it comes out. I usually don't spend money for the "theatre" experience. Most films I want to see are on Netflix and Amazon soon enough for me.

Part of the issue is people labeling Get Out as a "horror". Not even close.

It's a thriller. And the theater experience definitely enhances the type of film it is.

Nothing horror about it, imo.

This right here is the main reason I don't go as much anymore. I've been 3 times this year (which is way ahead of my normal rate for going to the theater) and all 3 times there has been at least one ******* nearby talking, texting, or otherwise being obnoxious as hell.
I'm usually one of the first people in the theater so I can get my spot. It's gotten to the point of me playing a game to see if I can pick out which asshole is going piss me off. I've gotten good at it.

I'm usually one of the first people in the theater so I can get my spot. It's gotten to the point of me playing a game to see if I can pick out which ******* is going piss me off. I've gotten good at it.
I started paying a bit extra for that particular theater about... 2-3 years ago. Granted, that's only about 5-6 total movies...

Haven't had a bad experience yet.

WORTH IT.

Of course, I go to the matinee so it's cheaper... still about the same as a regular theater's night showing. Still totally worth it.

When I saw Logan there was someone in the row in front me, and off to the right a bit, who kept being very loud, repeating lines of dialogue, and just generally overreacting to every scene. I swear I was just about to yell something their way when my wife leans over and says "I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with him." I finally got a good look and sure enough the dude was obviously mentally challenged.

Thank God she said that when she did because I would've felt beyond terrible had I yelled at him lol.

When I saw Logan there was someone in the row in front me, and off to the right a bit, who kept being very loud, repeating lines of dialogue, and just generally overreacting to every scene. I swear I was just about to yell something their way when my wife leans over and says "I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with him." I finally got a good look and sure enough the dude was obviously mentally challenged.

Thank God she said that when she did because I would've felt beyond terrible had I yelled at him lol.
Aaaaand we have a Seinfeld episode... if your wife hadn't stopped you.

Cue bass guitar!

Damn, that would be nice to have around here.
Yeah, but still... Paying extra to just enjoy common fucking courtesy. Aw, hell, I'd do it too.

I went to a 4:30 Wednesday showing of Logan. There were three other people in the theater other than myself. The old couple behind me would not shut the fuck up the whole time.

Part of the issue is people labeling Get Out as a "horror". Not even close.

It's a thriller. And the theater experience definitely enhances the type of film it is.

Nothing horror about it, imo.
I think the "theater experience" enhances any type of film. Just to different degrees.

But generally, when I see something for the first time at home and think "man I wish I would've seen that on the big screen" it's an action movie or at least one with a lot of action elements.

Because literally everyone is talking about it... except you guys.

While many are saying it's great, they're also overpraising Peele for making a horror movie with a relevant subtext because nearly the entire horror genre has relevant subtexts. Peele did great making and directing the film; it's a good horror film; it's topically relevant; however, he and the film are not groundbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back