Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the nice things about Hawaii is that the audience is still repectful of others.
It's REALLY bad here. It's not even just dumb@$$ teenagers anymore. It's literally everyone. Talking and messing with your phone in the theater has just become the new norm apparently.

A buddy of mine is stationed in Japan. He says the moviegoing experience is so much better there. Maybe it's just an American thing.
Americans are known to run their mouths constantly. I guess we just like to hear ourselves talk. Oh and we are pretty self-absorbed and the universe revolves around us.

Imagine if the Titans and NFL talk section of the forum consisted of 80% mariota discussion. To the extent that the same small group of posters consistently discussed mariota in all topics. And when a post is made discussing in detail strengths and weaknesses of each WR, it is immediately followed by pages of discussion from the same 5 people about trivial discussion of mariota, burying the post about WRs.

Pretty real much what tv and movie threads are: dominated by all things superhero and when something non superhero is discussed it's immediately buried.

But then we all already know this right? That said, Logan was an amazing movie. Really well done on the violence effects. I even cared about a character I've never cared about in any of the previous 8 movies. Best preview of upcoming movies was The Circle. Looks like it could be good.

Imagine if the Titans and NFL talk section of the forum consisted of 80% mariota discussion. To the extent that the same small group of posters consistently discussed mariota in all topics. And when a post is made discussing in detail strengths and weaknesses of each WR, it is immediately followed by pages of discussion from the same 5 people about trivial discussion of mariota, burying the post about WRs.
....Wasn't that the case these last two seasons?

glfwd52hkpoy.jpg

Pretty real much what tv and movie threads are: dominated by all things superhero and when something non superhero is discussed it's immediately buried.

But then we all already know this right? That said, Logan was an amazing movie. Really well done on the violence effects. I even cared about a character I've never cared about in any of the previous 8 movies. Best preview of upcoming movies was The Circle. Looks like it could be good.
... so much wrong.

Mariota is not a WR... legit criticism.
Superhero movies ARE movies.

Bottom line, it's a movie thread. And 3 folks (who add relevant discussion to the thread to varying degrees between never and rarely) just can't seem to wrap their head around that fact.

I've already pointed out in an earlier post, which went ignored, how a whole slew of non-superhero movies have been mentioned recently. On a title vs. title basis, wayyyyy more than superhero movies actually. There's no denying that superhero movies tend to garner the most interest/responses. But what are we supposed to do, not discuss movies that interest us in the movie thread?

GTFOver it already. The thread is what it is. This hasn't been an issue in quite awhile and then here comes someone, a mod at that, intentionally trying to rile people up and derail the thread.

Well of course we could have threads for different genres of movies. That way when 5 people want to circle jerk over supermans tights, there is a thread to do that where it doesn't dissuade other discussion about other movies/shows. Oh yeah we tried that but the superhero jackass club ruined it along with the entire lounge. Oh well.

Well of course we could have threads for different genres of movies. That way when 5 people want to circle jerk over supermans tights, there is a thread to do that where it doesn't dissuade other discussion about other movies/shows. Oh yeah we tried that but the superhero jackass club ruined it along with the entire lounge. Oh well.
Or we can have certain posters stop acting like whiny 12yo girls.

The fact you have the capability to start threads... stop bitching and do it already.

I still don't see how superhero movies stop discussion of other movies. Or why the thread is supposedly so hard to sift through and keep up with it. This thread averages like 3 posts per day. No doubt much less if not for the plethora of posts having this stupid argument every 6 months.

I wonder how many pages of this thread are @Alex1939, @CRUDS, and @Deuce Wayne bitching about people not talking about the right movies.

You guys should start a non-superhero movie thread like @5tweezyPOT started for TV shows. I'm sure it won't die a quick death like that one...

http://gotitans.com/threads/non-hero-tv-show-thread.94635/

We had a tv one that was used for a while but the superhero club decided we couldn't have it and trolled it with stories about supermans tights. Mostly the Australian member of the club I think.

also I compiled some stats in the tv thread once. It was roughly 40% superhero talk (all by 5 people) and 40% back and forth botching about superhero talk. 20% buried random non superhero talk.

Personally I'm in favor of seeing this thread going the same route. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back