Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a tv one that was used for a while but the superhero club decided we couldn't have it and trolled it with stories about supermans tights. Mostly the Australian member of the club I think.
The last two pages(about half of the whole thing) of the non-superhero thread were about South Park. Then it died because no one cared.

Last edited by a moderator:
South Park has a movie....

would be great if they decided to make another of the super heros they have!

Mint Berry Crunch! With the power of mint and berrys!

South Park has a movie....

would be great if they decided to make another of the super heros they have!

Mint Berry Crunch! With the power of mint and berrys!
They're doing trilogies, instead.

The Imagination Land Trilogy was originally meant to be a movie, but they felt it would work fine for television... easier on them, also.

I think the Coon and friends episodes - with Cthulu - would've been, also.

Ghost In The Shell:
Excellent!

Liberties taken from source material which actually makes for a more engaging story. Whitewashing whiners get served. Scenery is fantastic, straddling the fence between the 1996 animated film and "BladeRunner". ScarJo plays cyborg very well, from blank stares to cumbersome walk.
Zero disappointment, even when I expected it to have typical Hollywood disappointment.

Ghost In The Shell:
Excellent!

Liberties taken from source material which actually makes for a more engaging story. Whitewashing whiners get served. Scenery is fantastic, straddling the fence between the 1996 animated film and "BladeRunner". ScarJo plays cyborg very well, from blank stares to cumbersome walk.
Zero disappointment, even when I expected it to have typical Hollywood disappointment.

I'm really surprised. Not knowing anything from the source material, but I thought it always looked like a bad movie.

I'm really surprised. Not knowing anything from the source material, but I thought it always looked like a bad movie.
I probably would have thought the same if I had never heard of the franchise. My interest in anime is fairly recent, so I watched the 1996 film out of curiosity. This one takes a lot of scenes directly from that film, but are inserted into a different story line, which is good because the anime is a bit jargony and somewhat confusing.

Ghost In The Shell:
Excellent!

I saw video of people in Japan being shown and asked about ScarJo in Ghost... everyone they talked to was perfectly fine with it. In some cases defended it as the right move.

The "whitewashing" issue is more of a "western thing".

Granted, that can be skewed, but... I've seen more than one video, actually.

I saw video of people in Japan being shown and asked about ScarJo in Ghost... everyone they talked to was perfectly fine with it. In some cases defended it as the right move.

The "whitewashing" issue is more of a "western thing".

Granted, that can be skewed, but... I've seen more than one video, actually.
Not skewed; you are correct. Japan's manga and anime is intended for a worldwide audience and not Japan alone. There's plenty of western characters and names. The entire PC diversity movement is (literally) foreign to them. Lost on the PC culture is the racist irony of insisting that everything that comes from Japan be Japanese or that anyone who knows martial arts must be Asian (Iron Fist). Yes, whitewashing is a problem, but the biggest examples presented are often the wrong ones.

You don't understand the concept of sub-forums, huh?

You guys need a super hero movie thread. Not the other way around.
Everything is discussed in here. No one but three posters have an issue with it. Seems like the three posters are the ones that need their special thread.

Not skewed; you are correct. Japan's manga and anime is intended for a worldwide audience and not Japan alone. There's plenty of western characters and names. The entire PC diversity movement is (literally) foreign to them. Lost on the PC culture is the racist irony of insisting that everything that comes from Japan be Japanese or that anyone who knows martial arts must be Asian (Iron Fist). Yes, whitewashing is a problem, but the biggest examples presented are often the wrong ones.
What makes more sense: a son whose parents created a gigantic business in New York... Caucasian or Asian?

Immediate thought.

OMFG NOT ENOUGH SUPERHERO TALK AWAY GEEZA LOUISA!

HOW DARE WE ENTERTAIN THE THOUGHT OF A SUPERHERO TV AND/OR SUPERHERO MOVIE THREAD WHEN WE CAN COMPLETELY BURY ANY NON-SUPERHERO MOVIE/TV DISCUSSION INSTEAD?!?!?!?! I KNOW, INSTEAD OF THAT LETS ALL CIRCLE JERK TO THE DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back