Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem with quantum of solace is that it was more jason bourne and less james bond...no gadgets, no witty lines, just action. I was dissapointed. I mean, in an action sense it was great but at the end of it, you have to ask yourself, "did I just watch a bond film?"

Anyone checked out Taken or Surveillance?

Taken is a pretty awesome action flick. Liam Neeson kicks some major ***.
I'd say 8/10

Surveillance is good but a little crazy and semi disturbing at some points. I unfortunately figured out the plot about 30 minutes in. I hate when that happens!
6/10

Going to check out Valkyrie tonight and watching Appaloosa and Gran Torino this weekend...

Jack Ketchum's The Lost is definitely worth renting if you like movies like River's Edge or the darker David Lynch flicks. Brutal and disturbing with a trace of black comedy.. The kid that plays the main role of Ray Pye does a hell of a job..

MV5BMjAyODg3MjkyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk1NDM3MQ@@._V1._CR0,0,350,350_SS80_.jpg

I finally watched the much-hyped Batman Dark Knight movie last night, and it was OK. Heath Ledger did a good job, however, there were a couple scenes when he appeared more as a flaming-lisping gay than a terrorizing psychopath. He was also pretty funny instead of scary.

The action scenes were good, but after the opening one, the movie really dragged for a while. And the movie was too long.

But all in all, I was entertained, just not to the level of the immense hype...

Anyone checked out Taken or Surveillance?

Taken is a pretty awesome action flick. Liam Neeson kicks some major ***.
I'd say 8/10

Surveillance is good but a little crazy and semi disturbing at some points. I unfortunately figured out the plot about 30 minutes in. I hate when that happens!
6/10

Going to check out Valkyrie tonight and watching Appaloosa and Gran Torino this weekend...

Taken is the ****. I can't wait until it comes stateside.

I'm real interested in seeing that too.

Okay, so I'm one of the last holdouts who didn't see The 40-Year-Old Virgin, until last night. HOLY CRAP WAS THAT AWFUL!! Absolutely painful to watch it was so bad! And this was a huge comedy hit?? The best part of the movie was when Traci hit the pause button for a bathroom break.

It was like listening to an 8-year-old telling a punchline to a bad joke over and over and over. It was like hearing the drunk Bears fan at the sports bar yelling "...and now it's time for that offensive juggernaut!!.. every time Kyle Orton took the field, thinking that if he yelled it enough times someone would eventually laugh.

Sadly, the only funny scene ("you know how I know you're gay?..") was cut from the movie and relegated to the Special Features part of the disc.... and still the YouTube version of it with Superman and Batman was better.

So, I'm gonna hunt down everyone who told me to watch this film and punch them in the face. I might make them TurtleWax my car too just for the hell of it.

1/10 :irked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back