Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
one time i went to see one of those hiphop dance movies, well it turned into a party in the theatre when the music dropped.

LOL.
At Franklin Carmike there were many occasions I would slip in during the week to see some crappy horror flick and it would be me and 25 black people.
Less screaming baby action, but it definitely had BMST3K action most of the time..

one time i went to see one of those hiphop dance movies, well it turned into a party in the theatre when the music dropped.
giphy.gif

I used to be good, stopped for about 8 years, then inherited some nice stuff and felt bad about it collecting dust.
I've never been what I'd call good. More reasonably competent. I tend to start and stop a lot (bad habit of mine with a lot of hobbies). Thus never being able to push past that middling skill level.

What did you inherit?

I've never been what I'd call good. More reasonably competent. I tend to start and stop a lot (bad habit of mine with a lot of hobbies). Thus never being able to push past that middling skill level.

What did you inherit?
A 1961 Gibson J45

Along with some of my older stuff I bought but stopped playing.

A 1961 Gibson J45

Along with some of my older stuff I bought but stopped playing.
Damn. That's nice. There was an old J45 I fell in love with at Guitar Center once but it was well out of my price range.

I've had several over the years but never anything really nice. At this point I've sold everything except a beater Yamaha and my Taylor Big Baby.

Damn. That's nice. There was an old J45 I fell in love with at Guitar Center once but it was well out of my price range.

I've had several over the years but never anything really nice. At this point I've sold everything except a beater Yamaha and my Taylor Big Baby.
I absolutely love it, really makes you feel bad looking at how shit Gibson has become. I’d never consider buying a new Gibson at the moment.

I’ve got an early 2000s Ibanez s470 that I swapped the pickups out with some Dimarzios and an ESP LTD that just looks nice, going through a Hot Rod Deluxe and a decent pedal board.

Outside of a few pedals, all the equipment is over 10 years old, it’s why I felt bad letting it sit.

Gibson boutta bankrupt yo. Soon they'll be making crappy guitars with high prices while their vintage stuff gets even more astronomically expensive.

Oh wait...

So me and the wife spent this past weekend in Gatlinburg and we went into a small little music and movie shop. To my amazement, I was able to walk out with both Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll on DVD for $30 which is awesome. I have both on VHS but I threw my VHS away years ago and I've been looking for these on DVD forever it seems and they always wanted like $50 for just one which is stupid. I highly recommend both if you are into Manga anime and badass ninjas or vampire hunters.

So me and the wife spent this past weekend in Gatlinburg and we went into a small little music and movie shop. To my amazement, I was able to walk out with both Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll on DVD for $30 which is awesome. I have both on VHS but I threw my VHS away years ago and I've been looking for these on DVD forever it seems and they always wanted like $50 for just one which is stupid. I highly recommend both if you are into Manga anime and badass ninjas or vampire hunters.
I used to be into anime quite a bit in the 90s. Been wanting to get back into it but I hate purchasing physical media sight unseen these days. And streaming options for quality anime seems very limited, aside from subscription services which are exclusively anime.

I used to be into anime quite a bit in the 90s. Been wanting to get back into it but I hate purchasing physical media sight unseen these days. And streaming options for quality anime seems very limited, aside from subscription services which are exclusively anime.
These are anime's that I can watch over and over again so to me having the physical media is worth it. Now I need to replace my Ghost In The Shell VHS for the DVD.

These are anime's that I can watch over and over again so to me having the physical media is worth it. Now I need to replace my Ghost In The Shell VHS for the DVD.
Yeah those are good movies with rewatchability. I was meaning more TV shows. I know there's a lot of great ones out there right now but no real good way to watch them. I don't want to pay a subscription service just for anime.

Yeah those are good movies with rewatchability. I was meaning more TV shows. I know there's a lot of great ones out there right now but no real good way to watch them. I don't want to pay a subscription service just for anime.
Ahhh I see. Yea, the 90's is also when I really got into anime and that was only because I just went into HS and was part of a comic geek click. If I could find a stream of Starblazers, Silverhawks, Mask, or Robotech episodes that would be freaking awesome. I know you definitely cant get any on even the best X1 programming package, it sucks.

Ahhh I see. Yea, the 90's is also when I really got into anime and that was only because I just went into HS and was part of a comic geek click. If I could find a stream of Starblazers, Silverhawks, Mask, or Robotech episodes that would be freaking awesome. I know you definitely cant get any on even the best X1 programming package, it sucks.
I remember having to go to Suncoast for anime and paying their ridiculous prices.

Silverhawks... had problems.

I watched Macross on Amazon Prime. I investigated why the series was weird... and it makes perfect sense. Craziness!

Silverhawks... had problems.

I watched Macross on Amazon Prime. I investigated why the series was weird... and it makes perfect sense. Craziness!
Sounds like Akira. Arguably the most classic anime of all time but damn talk about weird lol. Starblazers can't say anything either, they were flying through space in naval battleships lol.

Sounds like Akira. Arguably the most classic anime of all time but damn talk about weird lol. Starblazers can't say anything either, they were flying through space in naval battleships lol.
No. I'm talking implausible and kinda dumb.

Watch Retro Blast's sumation of Silverhawks. It truly doesn't make sense.

Bird people that can't fly... just glide. But they're in space where there is no atmospere to glide.

That's one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back