Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished it shortly after writing this so, time for me to finish...

Alright, Transformers The Last Knight... please tell me the Bumblebee movie is a reboot...

Michael Bay works as a director - in small doses OR when utilized correctly. My god he needs a partner to balance him out. He's great as a director of action sequences, but beyond that? No.

The biggest issue I've had with these movies is the robot designs. Bare with me...

The original cartoon designs were clunky, but you could fairly easily determine who was who. With each movie, it gets harder and harder. It's weird, actually... as a toy to sell, you'd think they'd want them to be distinguishable from one another.

While cool - which is why they did it, eye candy - the transformed versions were way too stylish. The Autobots, mainly. Their vehicle modes were over-the-top. Optimus has 6 smoke stacks, flames and stood out like a sore thumb. So much for robots in disguise. It's based on a toyline, yes, but that line had an idea that worked and the movie ignored it - it got worse with each movie.

The Decepticons aren't immune, though they suffer in a different way. You almost couldn't tell the difference between Starscream and Megatron, at times... seriously, both jets - different types, but if they aren't either right in front of you or acknowledged, you'd second guess which one it was. Granted, Megatron should not be a gun or canon... but a tank-type vehicle would make sense.

That's THE biggest issue, in my opinion. The rest is arguably nitpicking - writing and stories. Although they suck more often than not.

I do, however, appreciate the military learning how to deal with them and being effective. That works and makes sense.

Ok... this particular movie... convoluted as ****. Optimus disappears at the beginning and doesn't show up until the final 1/3 of the movie - final 1/4? The plot doesn't fully make sense and then parts of the movie don't make sense.

Autobots hiding in a junkyard on an Indian Reservation, makes sense. They're just walking around and even Grimlok is wandering around chomping stuff... then disappears and what happens there, I'm not sure.

Anthony Hopkins' assistant is shorter than humans because he's acknowledged as being a rare Headmaster. But they do nothing with it. Hotrod is with them and has a heavy french accent. Ugh.

Optimus reappears and is fighting Bumblebee... and stops when Bee talks to him in his original voice - which they've thoroughly established Bee can't do. They even try to give him a new voice box, but it's a female voice so he tears it out. Now he has no voice box, and yet somehow...

Optimus comes to his senses, tells them the plan and he'll open the way, or something, then flies off. Aaaand, hes5gone. Somewhere. He eventually shows back up after a few minutes of the troops and remaining Autobots question where he is. Great question!

Also... why didn't they bring Grimlok with them? And the rest of the dinobots were..?

I can't think of much more.

PASS
My issue with the transformers are they transform too fast. You can't really see them changing their shape because it happens in the blink of an eye.

Is it just me or has this summer been kind of weak? There are usually like five or six movies that I'm looking forward to. I got nothing this summer.

Is it just me or has this summer been kind of weak? There are usually like five or six movies that I'm looking forward to. I got nothing this summer.
Yeah it does seem kinda weak. There are a few things I want to see like Deadpool, Antman, Sicario, even Jurassic World. But nothing I really feel compelled to see in the theater.

Honestly I might be looking forward to seeing that Mr. Rogers doc most of all lol. Loved that show when I was a kid and it's been getting awesome reviews.

I forgot about Deadpool. I was looking forward to that one, but not enough to make it out to the theater. I think that's about it.
Also depends on when you consider it summer blockbuster.

Disney shot its load... Infinity War in April, Solo in May and Incredibles 2 also in May?

Ant-man and the Wasp is Summer... but that's about it for them.

Also depends on when you consider it summer blockbuster.

Disney shot its load... Infinity War in April, Solo in May and Incredibles 2 also in May?
Yeah, I'd say April/May is the beginning of the season.

I had no desire to see Infinity War or Solo. Incredibles 2 is a wait until streaming. Too many kids. Even taking my tastes out of it, Solo was not the draw Disney thought it would be.

Yeah, I'd say April/May is the beginning of the season.

I had no desire to see Infinity War or Solo. Incredibles 2 is a wait until streaming. Too many kids. Even taking my tastes out of it, Solo was not the draw Disney thought it would be.
And that was too bad, Solo was well-done and entertaining. The criticism was not warranted, at all.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle sucked. There were a couple lines that gave me a chuckle, but it was overall a crappy movie. Why do they keep going to the well with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart? Is it the size difference?

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle sucked. There were a couple lines that gave me a chuckle, but it was overall a crappy movie. Why do they keep going to the well with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart? Is it the size difference?
because the have a bunch of instagram followers. you know---how hollywood makes most of their decisions these days

because the have a bunch of instagram followers. you know---how hollywood makes most of their decisions these days
Well yeah... of course they're going to go with the draw for money.

While I'll never go to the theater or buy one of his movies, if a movie starring Dwayne comes on TV or Netflix, I'll watch it. Charismatic as hell.

I saw Antman and the Wasp yesterday. It was the light hearted movie needed after Infinity War but something felt off about it.

Stay for the mid-credit scene. The after credit scene is meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back