Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinosaurs on a giant screen... sign me up.

I’ve mentioned this before but my first real theater experience where I was in complete awe was going to see the original Jurassic Park as a kid. I’ll probably see every Jurassic movie in the theater.
I saw the 1st JP 5x. Every weekend someone would take me with them and it was amazing every time

Top 5 movies of my childhood, maybe top 2 if I really start thinking about it

Checked out Transformers: The Last Knight from the library.

Gotten through about half of it and the action is sooo limited. Optimus Prime has been in it about 5-10 minutes total.

Halfway through and it's already a convoluted mess of exposition. I hate Michael Bay but... where's the action??

Shitty movie among already shitty movies... and I'm, at least, halfway through it.

I didn't expect much... that's why I got it at the library for free.

Gotten through about half of it and the action is sooo limited. Optimus Prime has been in it about 5-10 minutes total.

Halfway through and it's already a convoluted mess of exposition. I hate Michael Bay but... where's the action??

****** movie among already ****** movies... and I'm, at least, halfway through it.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but the Bumblebee trailer looks pretty good and there’s now hope a Transformers movie might actually be done right for a couple of reasons:

1. The Transformers now actually look like robots instead of alien cyborgs.

2. No Michael Bay directing.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but the Bumblebee trailer looks pretty good and there’s now hope a Transformers movie might actually be done right for a couple of reasons:

1. The Transformers now actually look like robots instead of alien cyborgs.

2. No Michael Bay directing.

They actually look like their 80s counterparts...

Who'd have thunk that might work..?

****** movie among already ****** movies... and I'm, at least, halfway through it.

Finished it shortly after writing this so, time for me to finish...

Alright, Transformers The Last Knight... please tell me the Bumblebee movie is a reboot...

Michael Bay works as a director - in small doses OR when utilized correctly. My god he needs a partner to balance him out. He's great as a director of action sequences, but beyond that? No.

The biggest issue I've had with these movies is the robot designs. Bare with me...

The original cartoon designs were clunky, but you could fairly easily determine who was who. With each movie, it gets harder and harder. It's weird, actually... as a toy to sell, you'd think they'd want them to be distinguishable from one another.

While cool - which is why they did it, eye candy - the transformed versions were way too stylish. The Autobots, mainly. Their vehicle modes were over-the-top. Optimus has 6 smoke stacks, flames and stood out like a sore thumb. So much for robots in disguise. It's based on a toyline, yes, but that line had an idea that worked and the movie ignored it - it got worse with each movie.

The Decepticons aren't immune, though they suffer in a different way. You almost couldn't tell the difference between Starscream and Megatron, at times... seriously, both jets - different types, but if they aren't either right in front of you or acknowledged, you'd second guess which one it was. Granted, Megatron should not be a gun or canon... but a tank-type vehicle would make sense.

That's THE biggest issue, in my opinion. The rest is arguably nitpicking - writing and stories. Although they suck more often than not.

I do, however, appreciate the military learning how to deal with them and being effective. That works and makes sense.

Ok... this particular movie... convoluted as FUCK. Optimus disappears at the beginning and doesn't show up until the final 1/3 of the movie - final 1/4? The plot doesn't fully make sense and then parts of the movie don't make sense.

Autobots hiding in a junkyard on an Indian Reservation, makes sense. They're just walking around and even Grimlok is wandering around chomping stuff... then disappears and what happens there, I'm not sure.

Anthony Hopkins' assistant is shorter than humans because he's acknowledged as being a rare Headmaster. But they do nothing with it. Hotrod is with them and has a heavy french accent. Ugh.

Optimus reappears and is fighting Bumblebee... and stops when Bee talks to him in his original voice - which they've thoroughly established Bee can't do. They even try to give him a new voice box, but it's a female voice so he tears it out. Now he has no voice box, and yet somehow...

Optimus comes to his senses, tells them the plan and he'll open the way, or something, then flies off. Aaaand, hes5gone. Somewhere. He eventually shows back up after a few minutes of the troops and remaining Autobots question where he is. Great question!

Also... why didn't they bring Grimlok with them? And the rest of the dinobots were..?

I can't think of much more.

PASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back