Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Blade Runner 2049 tonight.

I guess I just don't like this franchise. I've seen the first one and didn't really care for it. This one was an absolute slog to get through. There is an interesting universe and story here, and probably a good movie somewhere, but it just isn't for me.

I watched Blade Runner 2049 tonight.

I guess I just don't like this franchise. I've seen the first one and didn't really care for it. This one was an absolute slog to get through. There is an interesting universe and story here, and probably a good movie somewhere, but it just isn't for me.
It felt like Drive but 200 years later.

Pretty sure Gosling lost his voice or something at this point.

Ridley Scott's original was great, though I can see how some would find it really dated, and Harrison Ford's gumshoe narration was annoying. 2049 was also great, though an entirely different kind of film (but seriously, Jared Leto can gfhs). Philip K Dick sure did have a great prophetic grasp of the future of AI, and this was only one facet of it.

I watched The Snowman on HBO tonight. Michael Fassbender in a detective-style movie. Pretty jumbled. Probably killed in the edit.

I guess I’m just on a bad streak with movies.

How it ends on Netflix

How does it end? I dont know couldn’t finish it. Terrible. Tried to watch in chunks couldn’t make it through the second.

Just watched Aquaman and Shazaam trailers...

Underwhelmed by Aquaman. I just don't care about that character's story. As a support character? Definitely.

While I like Zachary Levi since Chuck... this seems odd. The look is almost cartoony. The muscular body looks like a Halloween muscle suit you wear under your costume. Everything else looks fun and entertaining, though. I'd rather they bulk up Levi for the role, instead... think his casting is good, honestly. But visually..? Eh...

Watched the Robin Williams doc on HBO. Pretty standard stuff but worth a watch if you were a fan. I never cared for his standup but was a big fan of him as an actor. Pretty crazy how he made his name being such a goofy, over-the-top comic and then turned into such a phenomenal actor later on.

Silence: So with this movie you have to have an interest in subject matter pertaining to the persecution of Christians in Japan during the days of the Shogunate Inquisitors. It stars Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, and Liam Neesson as Roman Catholic Jesuits. The movie is almost 3 hours long so I can see someone eventually turning it off from boredom or being too tired to finish, but I thought the movie was at least interesting if not entertaining.

Silence: So with this movie you have to have an interest in subject matter pertaining to the persecution of Christians in Japan during the days of the Shogunate Inquisitors. It stars Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, and Liam Neesson as Roman Catholic Jesuits. The movie is almost 3 hours long so I can see someone eventually turning it off from boredom or being too tired to finish, but I thought the movie was at least interesting if not entertaining.

That movie was the final straw that turned me utterly against all religion of any kind, and especially any Abrahamic ones. It was a great demonstration of the utter insanity of religion and cults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back