Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it way worse than the first Jurassic World? I know a lot of people shit on that one too but I thought it was a pretty fun, albeit dumb, popcorn movie.

Is it way worse than the first Jurassic World? I know a lot of people **** on that one too but I thought it was a pretty fun, albeit dumb, popcorn movie.
I hated the first one.

The second one made the first look like Citizen Kane. It was very cringey. The jokes were bad. The thrills were cheap and not very thrilling. It felt very cheap and heartless. The fucking dinosaur smiled when it tricked someone.

The worst joke was when the “creatacious vet”(if that’s even a thing) is a very feminist looking woman and one of the antagonists gets into an argument with her. He says to himself, “what a nasty woman.” Sound familiar from a 2016 presidential election?

The new dinosaur was supposed to be the ultimate predator. It took like ten minutes of screen time to kill it. Conversely, the indominus Rex took an entire movie to kill.

The editing felt weird in spots too.

The way it ended, the third will be even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lost World was no masterpiece in it's own right, but it did a much better job of setting the themes about conservationism and environmentalism.

The Lost World was no masterpiece in it's own right, but it did a much better job of setting the themes about conservationism and environmentalism.
It was very cool seeing the fruition of the original park after so many years. The story was fine. It was fine.

No one should go into any Jurassic film and expect it to capture the excitement and awe of the first one. The Jurassic World films are ok for what they are, fun (though a bit ridiculous) popcorn movies. They aren’t going to make anyone’s “best” lists but they are still action movies with dinosaurs. I’ll still be watching the 3rd installment

I'm interested in Dumbo also, primarily because it's a Tim Burton joint. That probably explains the lack of promotion; it's a Disney property directed by a former Disney employee but it's not really a Disney product.
No, it’s most definitely a Disney film. Saw it on Friday. It was fine. A lot of nods to the original. The pacing was really weird though. Like, you were expecting a character to say something and they just stood there silently.

Fallen Kingdom was hands down the worst of the series. I’d barely say it’s worth a watch.

I just wanted to be in that pitch meeting

"Guys, what if, and hear me out this is gold, we take the dinosaurs put them in a haunted house and have them eat rich people. It can be a potent social commentary on the rich being destroyed by the tech they create..."

Film it

BlackkKlansman. It was pretty damn good. Got a bit annoying and way too preachy at the end though. Also... and I know this is based on a true story, but I don't get why the black guy continued to be the one to talk to the KKK over the phone. It seems like that was way more risky than just letting the Adam Driver dude be the in person and over the phone guy.

Adam Driver was fantastic yet again. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. Also, I didn't even realize the main dude was Denzel's son. Like 1/3rd through the movie I turned to my wife and said "This guy talks just like Denzel Washington. I wonder if its his son or something." Did a quick google search and sure enough.

I just wanted to be in that pitch meeting

"Guys, what if, and hear me out this is gold, we take the dinosaurs put them in a haunted house and have them eat rich people. It can be a potent social commentary on the rich being destroyed by the tech they create..."

Film it

It couldn’t have been far off from that.

It was like they got the rejected scripts from JP2 and just slapped it together.

I’ll still see the third, even though it’s coming close to Tremors territory.

It was like they got the rejected scripts from JP2 and just slapped it together.

The third movie looks cool af

51L6CDPLUBL.jpg

Fallen Kingdom made had 1 billion is sales worldwide.

People still love the movies. I'll never critique them too harshly because they are exactly what I expected to see.

Dinosaurs going wild and killing stuff.

Seen this last night, it was pretty goodView attachment 15974
I watched it Friday night and overall I liked it, but it seemed to have a pretty shallow plot. He's an estranged and divorced old man that loses his flower business due to the internet and has to make a living by running drugs doing some kind things along the way. It could of offered a lot more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally sat down and watched The Breakfast Club from beginning to end. Meh, not sure why it's a "cult classic". It did bring back some fond memories of my high school days.

Sidenote: is there really high schools that have library's that lavish or was that a stage set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back