Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, whatever... the DCU as we know it is dead.
I know it's totally unrealistic from a financial, as well as a PR, standpoint. But they really should just admit they fucked up and start from scratch. It's not like they are fooling anyone at this point. Even if they are able to get their cinematic universe back on the rails, it's still never going to be anywhere near what it could've/should've been at this point.

I know it's totally unrealistic from a financial, as well as a PR, standpoint. But they really should just admit they ****ed up and start from scratch. It's not like they are fooling anyone at this point. Even if they are able to get their cinematic universe back on the rails, it's still never going to be anywhere near what it could've/should've been at this point.
Then what would they do with WW and Aquaman, which are getting sequels because apparently they were pretty good?

I guess they could use those as the jumping off points. Not like Iron Man was an A+ Marvel character.

They'd need to basically kill everything coming down the pipe in the foreseeable future and actually have a plan. I think that would include Suicide Squad(a soft reboot anyway), a stand-alone Batman movie, and Joaquin Phoenix's Joker.

Went to see Captain Marvel with 3 of my kids (17, 14, & 4) last night. I enjoyed it thought is was pretty good, loved the mid 90's setting. All of the kids enjoyed it, not my fav Mar-Vel movie (top 6 though) but it did a good job of entertaining different age groups. I am excited to see Captain marvel in many more movies to come. The storyline and powers have endless onscreen possibilities. I give it 8.75 out of 10 for marvel movies.

Watchmen got hate because he changed a few things but I disagree. Watchmen is a great FILM. It's more than a comic movie.

Of course the source material would be considered one of the greatest modern novels if it wasn't a comic.

It should be required reading.

HBO has a Watchmen series coming out this year. You’re welcome.

It's studied at colleges... not all colleges.

I took a class that was dedicated to David Mamet. Yes, it sucked.

Took a course on nothing but Science Fiction films. That was an interesting class.

I took a literature class that ended up being all about William Blake’s Songs of Innocence and Experience... for the entire semester. It was awful.

Was in the mood for a comedy last night so decided to give Tag a shot. It was way funnier than it had any business being. Full disclosure though, I was high.

Was get out any good? I’m actually interested in seeing Us.
Get Out was good but not nearly worth all the hype for me. Certainly not an Oscar contender. I'd still recommend it though.

And yeah, I will see Us for sure. It just made me roll my eyes seeing it being advertised as the greatest horror movie of all time lol.

Get Out was good but not nearly worth all the hype for me. Certainly not an Oscar contender. I'd still recommend it though.

And yeah, I will see Us for sure. It just made me roll my eyes seeing it being advertised as the greatest horror movie of all time lol.
It works from an advertiser stand point though. Not sure from the recognition standpoint if that is remotely accurate or how that can be written for anything other than advertising.
(Unless of course it actually ends up being the greatest horror movie)

Paranormal Activity came out with the c

Paranormal Activity is the first one to come to my mind.

I could be wrong but I feel like most horror movies try to say that.
Blair witch started something with their advertising that was genius for the time (starting internet stories) but I think I have seen a few movies just follow with “greatest x of all time”.
No one reads the little “-who ever’s quote” part.

But get out was one of the best and original horror movies in recent memory. But not AS GOOD AS HEREDITARY

People need to chill.

Always crying about Captain Marvel, Black Panther and insert mainstream movie with minority cast.

Boo hoo
I just think that works both ways. Always hyping up minorities just because minority.
For the record, thought black panther was good, not the best marvel movie but definitely better than most.
Captain marvel was good, but only that.
I think we could find other movies with much more negative reviews (ghostbusters for ex)

Didn’t see get out and to be honest was kind of surprised to see a guy that has succeeded in comedy have success in horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back